Your schools greatest team...

I know Paul Brown’s 1940 team was one of the best teams ever out of Massillon. They blew out Kent State in a scrimmage and if I’m correct that Kent State team finish the year with either 1 or no losses.

Another Tiger team the 1970 team was another team that I think is probably one of the best teams ever out of OH. That team possessed six players that either played in the NFL or were in NFL camps.

Mike Mauger - Ohio MVP Wisconsin/Kent State - Dallas Cowboys training camp

Dennis Franklin - Michigan - Detroit Lions

Steve Luke - Ohio State - Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons

Tommy Hannon - Michigan State - Minnesota Vikings

Willie Spencer - No college - Hartford Knights, Memphis Southmen, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants

Steve Studer- Bowling Green - Chicago Bears training camp

I don’t know of another team in Ohio that can claim that many professionals on one team.

Glenville had seven on their 2009 & 2010 squads...

'10 LB Jayrone Elliott- Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers
'10 FS Christian Bryant- St. Louis Rams; Arizona Cardinals
'11 ATH Shane Wynn- Jacksonville Jaguars
'11 CB Justin Hardee- New Orleans Saints; current NY Jet
'11 DT Willie Henry- Baltimore Ravens; San Francisco 49ers
'11 QB Cardale Jones- Buffalo Bills
'12 LB Chris Worley- Cincinnati Bengals
'13 CB Marshon Lattimore- current New Orleans Saint
'13 DT Davon Coleman- Dallas Cowboys

Well, shoot, it's hard to say. '71? '96? Some other year that we weren't too bad? We didn't even make the playoffs when Matt Light was playing.

E
Irish Buffalo...
'04 Colerain is without question Colerain's greatest...and is probably Ohio's GOAT as well. The only 2 teams that I would place in their league are Moeller '76 and Massillon '51. Then, & only then do teams like '97 McKinley begin to enter the conversation for that honor. And I'm not even a Colerain guy. But, once & for all...'97 was McKinley's best team...
ugene Clifford was the best high school player I ever saw

1978 AA State Champion Brookfield. Numerous D1 players lead by linebacker Marcus Marek who was an All-American at Ohio State

Reactions: WOT
To get this back on track:

For those teams who have been fortunate enough to win a title on the field, do you believe any of your non title teams were better than any of the ones that DID win one?

Discuss.
I think McKinley's 1985 team that lost to Moeller in the state championship game was just as good if not better then the 98 team. Also the 1974 McKinley team was really good but back in those days one bad game and you were out.

2014 Hubbard Eagles. 5 D1 players.
One running back committed to Michigan State. Another committed to Ohio State, although he switched his commitment to Pitt later in the year. Still can't believe they chocked that year.

That 1990 and 1991 class as a whole were just unbelievable to watch and love to talk about them any chance I get. Literally a once in a lifetime small school class and athletic wise too. People don't truly understand how good those teams were coming from a small public school with a enrollment of around 300 kids (probably less at that time too) and a town of under 2000 at the time.
You and me both! People to young to remember those teams missed out on a once in a life time. Will never be matched

2014 Athens
QB Joe Burrow Bengals, LSU, and Heisman
RB Trae Williams Northwestern Captain
WR Ryan Luehram Ohio U Starter
WR Adam Luehram Ohio U starter
OT Brody Rogers Ohio U starter

2014 Athens
QB Joe Burrow Bengals, LSU, and Heisman
RB Trae Williams Northwestern Captain
WR Ryan Luehram Ohio U Starter
WR Adam Luehram Ohio U starter
OT Brody Rogers Ohio U starter
And they scored the most points ever on any team coached by Reno Saccoccia at Steubenville.

1978 AA State Champion Brookfield. Numerous D1 players lead by linebacker Marcus Marek who was an All-American at Ohio State

1971 Troy Trojans

Gordon Bell RB/Michigan/All American/NFL NY Giants. St Louis Cards
Joe Allen LB/ U florida
Dave Starkey DT/U Florida
Randy Walker RB/Miami OH.nead coach at Northwestern
Walter Meeker OL/Dartmouth
Mike Johnston OL/Eastern Kentucky
Elmo Boyd WR/Eastern Kentucky/NFL 49ers
Fred Bader DE Marshall
Al Mayer DB/Marshall
Bill Whidden/LB BowlingGreen
Dan White RB/Capital
John Mumma DB/Louisville
Denny Neves DL Salem WV
Tim Pierce LB/Salem WV
John Summer DB/Ohio U
Mike Hargis OL/Army
Mark Zimmerman RB/Dayton
Dave Wise WR/Brown U
Kevin Grump/DB/Indiana
Kirk Jones WR/Central State

1971 Troy Trojans

Gordon Bell RB/Michigan/All American/NFL NY Giants. St Louis Cards
Joe Allen LB/ U florida
Dave Starkey DT/U Florida
Randy Walker RB/Miami OH.nead coach at Northwestern
Walter Meeker OL/Dartmouth
Mike Johnston OL/Eastern Kentucky
Elmo Boyd WR/Eastern Kentucky/NFL 49ers
Fred Bader DE Marshall
Al Mayer DB/Marshall
Bill Whidden/LB BowlingGreen
Dan White RB/Capital
John Mumma DB/Louisville
Denny Neves DL Salem WV
Tim Pierce LB/Salem WV
John Summer DB/Ohio U
Mike Hargis OL/Army
Mark Zimmerman RB/Dayton
Dave Wise WR/Brown U
Kevin Grump/DB/Indiana
Kirk Jones WR/Central State
HolyToledo could you provide a re cap of the season?

HolyToledo could you provide a re cap of the season?
Off topic a bit, but Randy Walker probably played on those crazy good Miami Ohio teams of the mid 70's that won three straight Tangerine Bowls beating Florida, Georgia, and someone else that I can't remember. They went 32-1 or so in that 3 year stretch.

Anyhow, like you I'm looking forward to troy boy posting some more about that team. That is an impressive list!

For Medina this past season was the best in school history. Medina has been playing football since 1894. This season 13-1 and the second year in a row that they made regional finals. Nothing in its less than illustrious history comes close.

Off topic a bit, but Randy Walker probably played on those crazy good Miami Ohio teams of the mid 70's that won three straight Tangerine Bowls beating Florida, Georgia, and someone else that I can't remember. They went 32-1 or so in that 3 year stretch.

Anyhow, like you I'm looking forward to troy boy posting some more about that team. That is an impressive list!

32-1-1, only loss to Michigan State by 1 with a 7-7 tie to Purdue. 3rd Tangerine Bowl they beat South Carolina.

Add in Toledo's 35-0 run from 69-71 and those were probably the MAC's glory years.

Carey Blue Devils....
1) 2021 - 15-1 Div. 6 State Champions
2) 1975 - 10-1 Class A State Champions
3 1994 - 12-1 Regional Champ #5 Final AP Poll
4) 2008 - 10-2 #9 Final AP Poll (lost to state champ and state runner up)
5) 2009 - 10-2 #8 Final AP Poll