Xavier Musketeers 2016-2017

How much would Lehigh lose by if you also cut their turnovers in half? :shrug:

you can pose that question to the Lehigh Team forum. this one is for talking/discussing XAVIER and how THEY could have improved/what they could have done differently/etc.

:thumb:

It was rhetorical, because it's a dumb question as turnovers are part of the game. Jerry might as well have thrown in "And if Xavier had made all their shots they would have won by 72."

FYI, this is the Xavier thread, not forum.

tough game to watch last night as there were like 150 fouls called, mostly on Buffalo.

in between all the whistles, Xavier looked a little better last night. took care of the ball better and defended better.

Jones had a great game around the rim (except the finishing part) but he had double digit boards and several blocks.

Goodin looked much better as well.

Buffalo was big and athletic but just couldn't get out of their own way with fouling.

on to the "Puerto Rico/Orlando" Tipoff. Open with Mizzou Thursday at 1 pm.

It was rhetorical, because it's a dumb question as turnovers are part of the game. Jerry might as well have thrown in "And if Xavier had made all their shots they would have won by 72."

FYI, this is the Xavier thread, not forum.

I was simply pointing out that XAVIER's sloppiness contributed majorly to the slim margin of victory. And it's reasonable considering the way X usually plays at home against those types of teams. Not to take too much away from Lehigh, I really do think they will have a good year and be in the tournament.

Sorry my post was upsetting to you.

tough game to watch last night as there were like 150 fouls called, mostly on Buffalo.

in between all the whistles, Xavier looked a little better last night. took care of the ball better and defended better.

Jones had a great game around the rim (except the finishing part) but he had double digit boards and several blocks.

Goodin looked much better as well.

Buffalo was big and athletic but just couldn't get out of their own way with fouling.

on to the "Puerto Rico/Orlando" Tipoff. Open with Mizzou Thursday at 1 pm.
Excellent observations, which of course means that I agree with all of them lol.
My wish for Christmas is that X's bigs all develop a set of soft hands. Man oh man, I've never seen so many fumbled and dropped passes into the post. Perhaps we've been spoiled the last couple of years.

most would think we should have won by 15 or whatever Vegas had the spread as, but Lehigh is a GOOD team. they will be in the NCAA tournament. they have the two-time Patriot League player of the year (and i'm sure he will win it again this year).

when you have 8 scholarship guys and 4 of them had never put on a Xavier uniform for a "real" game, then i'll take the win.

so really, until we get Gates and Myles back and are at full strength, i'll take any win we can get. they just won't seem that easy until we get all guys back and healthy.

was very interested when listening to Mack's post game comments on the radio. basically called out Bernard for being "hurt" and going to the lockerroom. basically said guys are going to get some knicks, bumps, bruises, etc during games - gotta play through it. he didn't.

very telling.

Are we listening to the same broadcast/press conference? In no way did he ever call out Bernard like that that I heard.

Are we listening to the same broadcast/press conference? In no way did he ever call out Bernard like that that I heard.

he said it to Joe and Byron on the radio after the game. i was listening to it in the car on the way home from the game.

no clue if he said it in the media room, but he clearly said it in the post game radio when he comes out to the court and sits with Joe and Byron for like 2-3 minutes.

Only 3 away games before the new year? Baylor should be solid though, so that should be a good away game.

Gonna be a really tough game, but a huge win if X can pull it out. It seems like a typical Baylor team, super athletic/bouncy and quick. That will make things tough for O'Mara and Bluiett. I see Jones and Gaston playing many more minutes if they can stay out of foul trouble.

With that said, Oregon is overrated despite them missing their best player. #4 was way too high and it showed. (no matter how much we dislike early rankings)

This may be a dumb question, but with X playing Baylor on 12/3, would they come back to Cincy before their game at Colorado on 12/7? I imagine they'd go straight to Colorado but they'll be spending 3 full days there if so. Just curious.

Gonna be a really tough game, but a huge win if X can pull it out. It seems like a typical Baylor team, super athletic/bouncy and quick. That will make things tough for O'Mara and Bluiett. I see Jones and Gaston playing many more minutes if they can stay out of foul trouble.

With that said, Oregon is overrated despite them missing their best player. #4 was way too high and it showed. (no matter how much we dislike early rankings)

This may be a dumb question, but with X playing Baylor on 12/3, would they come back to Cincy before their game at Colorado on 12/7? I imagine they'd go straight to Colorado but they'll be spending 3 full days there if so. Just curious.

Lately Baylor seems to always have a good, solid team although never a great team. And their crazy athletes can be an equalizer if Xavier (or whoever they play) has an off shooting night. I agree it will be tough for Xavier's big guys. They have Lual-Acuiil Jr who's 7'0 and is a great shot blocker and rim defender. He even pulled down 6 offensive boards last night. Motley, 6'10, didn't play in their first game but played very well against Oregon.

Oregon's biggest problem, IMO, is they aren't deep, at all. They brought 4 players off the bench and only one player more than 15 minutes.

Honestly, I'm not sure. It seems like it would be easier to just stay out that way and then head to Colorado, but teams usually leave the night of after games. Given these are student athletes, I think the academic side of college sports would be rather upset they are missing Monday and Tuesday for a game that's on Wednesday. Maybe someone else has an answer.

This team is bad. Hopefully Xavier has a decent record by the time Davis/Gates come back. Good thing UC is later in the year cause they'd breeze by this team right now.

This team isn't "bad" They have 2 guys missing currently and several new guys playing bigger roles than they would have been otherwise. They're a top 15-20 team now and likely top 7 with Myles and Gates back. Relax a little bit. Early season struggles were gonna happen.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Once Myles Davis and Gates get back this team will have it's usual depth. X shot 2/22 from 3 today, didn't make a jump shot the entire second half or OT and still won the game. Go F yourself buddy!

I should also remind you UC lost to Presbyterian a few years ago (the year of the brawl) and went on to the Sweet 16.

I'm sure you're just trolling, otherwise you are clueless!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Once Myles Davis and Gates get back this team will have it's usual depth. X shot 2/22 from 3 today, didn't make a jump shot the entire second half or OT and still won the game. Go F yourself buddy!

I should also remind you UC lost to Presbyterian a few years ago (the year of the brawl) and went on to the Sweet 16.

I'm sure you're just trolling, otherwise you are clueless!

Jerbear seems overly sensitive here. :laugh:

Jerbear seems overly sensitive here. :laugh:

You are correct. I only get sensitive over XU basketball because I care about them significantly more than any other Cincinnati team. You'll notice I'm not as sensitive in posts anywhere other than this forum.

And streaker brought UC "breezing" by X up so I take my chances on assuming he's a UC troll.

BTW, Jim L, it was quite the revelation seeing on the Elder board that you are FU. Should've known. :hello: I'm disappointed with myself on that one.

Trouble is that -- except for Macura, Bluiett, and Sumner -- X is definitely offensively challenged at all the other spots. Bernard is an excellent defender, but X has a lot of trouble getting and making good shots unless one of the "Big 3" are handling the ball.
I will add that O'Mara is showing some nice moves around the basket.

:laugh: Love the announcer looking right at a replay of Bluiett ridiculously flopping out of bounds and not pointing it out

I mean the play where Bluiett threw himself on the ground after barely bumping into another player. Wasn't hard to miss