X Football 07

no one has really answered this question...

with the returning starters, does anyone else besides me find it as a dissapointment if we don't win state next year? i know it's high expectations but we have to be #1 in every pre-season polls and top 5 in USA Today's with our returning starters

Yeah we know LCD. But we kinda favor ourselves because:
1) we go to the school
2) therefore we're biased
3) we don't lose any players who were absolutely HUGE to the team like you guys losing calvin dixon, gary pride, and eugene clifford.

shakeandbake said:
1) we go to the school
3) we don't lose any players who were absolutely HUGE to the team like you guys losing calvin dixon, gary pride, and eugene clifford.

dont forget godfrey

TopGun344 said:
darius and i are currently in the process of convincing scruggs to play. he would get a legit shot at starting TE and would be able to use his athleticism to help with the passing game. as long as he learns to block, he really would be a god fit. with lifting with carlo he would get good size.

granted he hasnt played in years, but with work in the off season its not something he would have to much of a problem grasping

Yeah, I doubt he will...I remember Mr. Wilkins talking to him last year when Scruggs was thinking about playing and Wilkins just told him he's too good of a drummer...which is very true, love the band...love Scruggs...just can't see him playing in the game instead of playing the drums on senior night.

WrongPerson said:
Yeah, I doubt he will...I remember Mr. Wilkins talking to him last year when Scruggs was thinking about playing and Wilkins just told him he's too good of a drummer...which is very true, love the band...love Scruggs...just can't see him playing in the game instead of playing the drums on senior night.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

shakeandbake said:
1) we go to the school

Fair enough, but Colerain will be alright. There's some RB talent coming up that's jaw dropping. Replacing Clifford is no easy task though, you're dead right about that.

LittleCardsDad said:
Fair enough, but Colerain will be alright. There's some RB talent coming up that's jaw dropping. Replacing Clifford is no easy task though, you're dead right about that.

He single-handedly dismantled X's offense. Sometimes I wondered how he could be so fast to tackle Darius at the line of scrimmage if he's so back in the defense :wallbang: :wallbang:

shakeandbake said:
1) we go to the school

Towards #3, replacing both tackles (especially a left tackle like Wes) might be hard on offense, as well as replacing Burke and Saelinger. But other than that, there is nothing big that needs to be replaced.

I heard the coaches asked Craig Rother to throw on 20 pounds to play TE. He's the '08 classes best pitcher (meaning he's obviously athletic) so I wouldn't mind seeing him there battlin safeties for position down the middle of the field

XavierMenForever said:
I heard the coaches asked Craig Rother to throw on 20 pounds to play TE. He's the '08 classes best pitcher (meaning he's obviously athletic) so I wouldn't mind seeing him there battlin safeties for position down the middle of the field

I heard this as well and wouldnt be surprised if that was to happen. I think there will be atleast three or four people who will be tried out at TE.

i posted this on the la salle forum when one of their posters was talking about how tought their schedule is:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Come on now. St. X will again have the hardest in the nation. But this time there will be no comparison.

-St. X has its normal three GCL Games:
Moeller
Elder
La Salle

- Our first game is unknown, the second game is rumored against Hoover in the Herb Classic; top 3 team in the nation

- there are two games the Bombers still have not scheduled, no one has stepped up to play us. Rumored again, But coach specht has contacted Byrnes S.C to come up and play; top 5 team in nation, and the Bombers will be traveling to Washington D.C to play DeMatha; top 15 team in nation.

-Everyear we play iggy and Cov Cath, the game against Indy Cath has been removed so we can play hoover, and specht doesnt wasnt to go back to those refs

Hoover Ala.
Byrnes S.C
DeMatha D.C
Cov Cath Kent.
Moeller
Elder
La Salle
Iggy
Two game unknown
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

i have also come to learn that we have contacted colerain to see if they would like to play us. i put money on it they wont take the risk

If that schedule is correct: wow. I'm all for challenging the team, because I'm sure the team will grow a lot through the season, but does anyone else think that schedule sounds like it might be going a little over board? I didn't get to see all of the FB games this year (made it to 5 I think) but to me it seemed like the team peaked at the Lakeland game. Anyone else agree with me? IF that was the case (I'm sure someone on the team would have a more accurate view than I) then maybe we shouldn't schedule so many marquee regular season games.

idk, what do the players think about having such a challenging regular season schedule? It seems like the team would be mentally and physically exhausted by the end of the regular season.

While true, I would have to believe X will be the favorite in all of those games. They should be damned good next year. Not only that, but playing that type of schedule they would only need 6-7 wins to get into the playoffs.

We start off the season with Louisville Trinity in the Showdown, we also play St. Ed's in week 8. I'm not sure if the Hoover or Byrnes games are anything more than rumors at this point.

hot tammale said:
I heard Sullivan talking to somebody about playing Hoover. And he was pretty excited about it.

I think out of all of the games on that schedule (non-GCL games at least) that one would be the most fun to win. Everyone has heard of them from that MTV show, so it'd be fun to beat up on them.

i think the De Matha game is set for the fourth week of the season. The Bombers will be heading to Washington D.C

there is also no way st.x plays a 7 game schedule. no one in ohio will step up to play us, therefor we have to go outside of ohio. wether specht likes the the games or not, we need them

BigBody58 said:
i posted this on the la salle forum when one of their posters was talking about how tought their schedule is:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Come on now. St. X will again have the hardest in the nation. But this time there will be no comparison.

-St. X has its normal three GCL Games:
Moeller
Elder
La Salle

- Our first game is unknown, the second game is rumored against Hoover in the Herb Classic; top 3 team in the nation

- there are two games the Bombers still have not scheduled, no one has stepped up to play us. Rumored again, But coach specht has contacted Byrnes S.C to come up and play; top 5 team in nation, and the Bombers will be traveling to Washington D.C to play DeMatha; top 15 team in nation.

-Everyear we play iggy and Cov Cath, the game against Indy Cath has been removed so we can play hoover, and specht doesnt wasnt to go back to those refs

Hoover Ala.
Byrnes S.C
DeMatha D.C
Cov Cath Kent.
Moeller
Elder
La Salle
Iggy
Two game unknown
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

i have also come to learn that we have contacted colerain to see if they would like to play us. i put money on it they wont take the risk

if that schedule is anywhere close to being accurate then its ridiculous... top 15 teams in the nation back to back to back? would the team have anything left in the tank by the third game? not that i wouldnt like to see those games though.. those would be incredible to watch