X Football 07

TDAH88

I just want to start off and say thank you to all the seniors on the team who i know did all they could do make the season last as long as possible. But with our season done, i think we can look at next years team, who has the potential to rival the '04 Cards.

So what do you all think about this years team (thoughts and complaints) and how we will fair next year.

Here are my starters:

QB: Hurley (Stepped up and shows promise for next year)
RB: Ashley (Nough said)
FB: Romeo (.....Nough said)
WR: Scheidler (Started the season great, but slowed down)
WR: Ball (Started the season slow, but got better...wayyy better)
TE: Kelly/ Stefanou/ Kuechley (This is a big question spot, move Ball there or
deal with what we have?)
OLine: Carpenter, Baumann, Wenker, Godofsky, Deye (Mark my words, this
line will be better than 06's)

DLine: Langen, Muldoon, Richter (Return the whole DLine and these boys will
be huge by the beginning of next year)
LB: Miller, Schneider, Lees (Lees will step up as a junior and we return two
very good players in Miller and Schneider)
CB: Morand, Cummings (Morand was second on the team with interceptions
and Cummings has the potential to be good)
S: Craig, ? (We return a 1st team GCL player here but a big question mark at
the next sefety)

TDAH88 said:
I just want to start off and say thank you to all the seniors on the team who i know did all they could do make the season last as long as possible. But with our season done, i think we can look at next years team, who has the potential to rival the '04 Cards.

So what do you all think about this years team (thoughts and complaints) and how we will fair next year.

Here are my starters:

deal with what we have?)

the next sefety)
well, i say gerry reilly at safety he is pretty damn good imo. also, i think we need to find a way to work in patrick berning somewhere. he is just too good to be left out

work berning in where? in front of darius or luca? no. he'll stay on special teams. darius and luca are too good to lower there reps.

and yes you forgot about reilly. i think he led the defense in tackles

TDAH88 said:

Let's hope you are right, the unit from this year, in my opinion, was the biggest disappointment on the '06 team.

at CB what about rumpke. i know hes short but how do he compare to cummings?

Rumpke and Cummings will battle for the CB, Gerry's got the Safety spot on lock down. Our defense should be damn good next year.

may i remind you all that specht moved cummins to strong safety about half way through the season (to replace the departing robbe) ... so that takes care of the safety position and as for the remaining corner position ...i see it as a current junior (rumpke) or one of the three sophmore corners (freudiger, moffat, or jacobs... imo moffat is the best out of the three and he has the size on all three, jacobs is close second, followed by freudiger).... However, with all this said i think that rumpke will be moved back to corner and will start

OldBomber said:
Let's hope you are right, the unit from this year, in my opinion, was the biggest disappointment on the '06 team.
i agree... i was very disapointed with their performance...it seemed as if they fell apart the last two games of the season...hopefull Bauman and Carpenter will step it up during the off season and become leaders in '07

stxbomber43 said:
i agree... i was very disapointed with their performance...it seemed as if they fell apart the last two games of the season...hopefull Bauman and Carpenter will step it up during the off season and become leaders in '07

the final two games were abysmal; however, the unit was underachieving the entire year. pass blocking was completely non-existent and, for the most part, the backs were consistently hit behind the line of scrimmage. darius and luca had very little support from this bunch.

carpenter came in with a ton of hype which really elevated the expectations and that was truly unfair; however, i would give him an overall C+ on the year. he did not seem to have the grasp of the blocking schemes and that often resulted in busted plays. the rest of the line, on average, would get a B- to maybe a B.

TDAH88 said:

Here are my starters:

deal with what we have?)

the next sefety)
Not sure why you left Reilly and Rumpke off the list. Reilly will start and Rumpke, having already played a game at cb this year before being moved back to offense, will be back at cb. Cummings will play safety unless another to be senior can step up or get moved there. I agree that if Ball continues to improve he could be an important factor next year. He has tons of potential and would be a huge target to pass to. I thought Sheidler had a rough game against Colerain but will bounce back w/o a problem. He was steady and sure for the first 12 games of the season.

Defense
Dline-Everyone Knows
Lbs-schneider, miller, lees
safety-criag reilly cummings
cb-rumpke morand

Offense
QB-lock
HB-who could we find to play this?
FB- romeo
WR-Scheidler Ball
OL- Wenker, Godofsky, Baumann, Carpenter, Just gota find one more.

This years line was terrible week in and week out. So much hype they never lived up to. If you ask me the yards darius earned this year were much mroe impressive than last year becuase he has almost 0 blocking all year. Hurley was getting punished every time he threw the ball. They will be back though will be another great season. looks to be much more promising than this year.

The Defense is almost returning completely. Hopefully no injuries in the off season and just strengthening, along with others stepping up. It will be interesting. I have heard big things of Ball wanting to play tight end along with the coaches agreeing. That leaves Scheidler and Milligan. Everyone has to remember though that Scheidler has had some concussions in the past also and Milligan is quick and fast but small. He wasnt in all that much this year at WR. WR is tough.

defense will be
righter langen and doon up front
lbs- schnieder, miller, and either lees, or holbrook
secondary will be bayer and morand at corners fred adj, gerry and cummins at safeties

I'm pretty sure that Ball wants to stay at receiver. I've heard some people trying to convince scruggs to play football again.. but he quit last year so i don't know about that.. but scheidler will definately bounce back and so will all of the other returning juniors.

darius and i are currently in the process of convincing scruggs to play. he would get a legit shot at starting TE and would be able to use his athleticism to help with the passing game. as long as he learns to block, he really would be a god fit. with lifting with carlo he would get good size.

granted he hasnt played in years, but with work in the off season its not something he would have to much of a problem grasping

Ball is playing WR. He will hopefully FINALLY have his break out year. I knwo for a fact that he wont be at tight end.The offense will be high powered with the added feature of a passing game. Hurley with experience now, scheidler and Ball as WR'S and of course Luca and Darius. Its going to cause problems. People said "darius was only good because of his line". He proved this year thats not true becuase the front 5 were virtually non existent most of the time and teams still couldnt stop him. Hurley, Ball, Scheidler, all will be more experienced and so for the first time in years X will have a group of wr's with the same qb for 2 years. Ball will carry over what he showed a glimpse of at the end of the season and continute to improve. The D doesnt really need an explanation. They will be shut down as long as they do now under achieve like the o-line this year. Next year is X's year mark my words.

STATE CHAMPS 07

Last edited:
Just wondering, why so much confidence in Hurley... he couldnt hit anything the two games he started. Granted, they were his first two starts against playoff quality teams. Is the kid good, but just got nervous or what?

jon was just as calm as the next guy during his games. i think he was the most level headed player on the field. no matter what happened he just looked forward to the next play. the receivers jon was throwing too werent doing their job by catching it. and it also has to do with experience. he only played in two games. it takes atleast three to really get going and learn where to throw the ball and when. jon will get that in the two scrimmages next year. i think by the second game he will look like a d1 qb. my opinion

TopGun344 said:
jon was just as calm as the next guy during his games. i think he was the most level headed player on the field. no matter what happened he just looked forward to the next play. the receivers jon was throwing too werent doing their job by catching it. and it also has to do with experience. he only played in two games. it takes atleast three to really get going and learn where to throw the ball and when. jon will get that in the two scrimmages next year. i think by the second game he will look like a d1 qb. my opinion
I think that we should give the offense time next year to get it all together. The line will be at least half new, new Qb and hopefully some new schemes and plays. There is no way of knowing how much more Hurley will improve so don't put the expectations so high that they can't be reached. He struggled frosh and soph year with alot of the same things he still is trying to work out. If we can get our running game on track again then his job should be easier. Maybe going into the season knowing he is "the guy" and not having to battle for the start will help his confidence or whatever it was that held him back at the beginning of this year. Just don't build him up to unreal expectations only to have him torn down. Having watched this junior, to be senior class, over the years off and on, I've always been struck by the fact that it never was about one person. They have so many that can be the playmaker on any given day on both offense and defense! Go Bombers!

With how our team performed this year and the amount of returning starters, do you think it's legit to say anything less than a state championship next year is a dissapointment?

i, personally, am not going to say anything about next year's goals. we all had a state championship in our sights this year and it was dismantled by colerain. so i for one am not going to come on here and say "yes we will win state in 07". id rather everyone just go out and play next year instead of talking about week 15 when we havnt played week 1. yes we play for the ultimate goal, and yes fans will make predictions, but as a player im not going to throw out any predictions. we all just need to do what we do and play football. but hey thats just me.

TDAH88, TOPGUN344, aka BALL. Show some respect to your teammates, and stop talking about yourself. The starting lineup will be determined by the coaches. Enough said until July 2007.

first of all, you are late and ignorant. everyone who is anyone knows this is Stephon. even most of the colerain yappers know this is my user name.

second, no where have i talked about myself on here, ever. check everypost i have ever written and it was never about me. you lose again.

third, never have i ever put down another player. i may have stated that players could have done better, but i have never nor will ever put down another player.

and sadly there is a fourth point: you are mistaken, and are not the first to accuse me of this. i am not tdah88. i dont need to say anymore, because ive said all that i feel i need to say. tdah is not me, and i am not him.

thank you

sfarmer84 said:
TDAH88, TOPGUN344, aka BALL. Show some respect to your teammates, and stop talking about yourself. The starting lineup will be determined by the coaches. Enough said until July 2007.
:Ohno: lmao ur so stupid

Ok sfarmer..

1) Whats the point of these forums if you can't speculate about something? If we have to wait until July to discuss this then whats the point of Yappi.
2) Ball never talks about himself.
3) He isn't being harsh, he's being realistic.

I want some turkey man.