X baseball 07

i heard tim issler is gettin looks from ND. and Andy Lamping only cares about SMOY CYO so baseball isn't even in his vocabulary yet...

which reminds me, SMOY is going to get DOMINATED every game this year in CYO

The senior class has some quality players like McGreevy, Rumpke, Campbell and others. If these guys can jell with the junior class ( Lamping, Rumpke, Issler, Lewis, Rother ) and provide some quality pitching the team has a chance to surprise some people. Elder and Moeller may have more "name" players but baseball is a team game. Pitching, defense, moving runners along and timely hitting is what wins games (especially close games).

The big question with the baseball team is whether there will be good team chemistry or not. With it this season could be a little different than what most people are posting. Without it the season will be no better than last year. It is up to the players to decide which one they want.

Stxbombers07 said:
one word...Stroube...
Please explain. I'm not sure who this is or what grade he is in or whether you are serious or not. I don't remember seeing him play on varsity last year, maybe he is a junior now or a pitcher? Sorry, not trying to be disrespectful just trying to become informed.

I find it funny to think someone can trust Mr. Slinger in being able to put together a baseball team at his old age. O yea along with Coach D and Mr. Molony. haha what a joke

Doesnt matter how bad stroubes attitude is, he should be on the field (probably outfield). He could be the best hitter on the team this year.

Stxbombers07 said:
Lamping is overrated, isslher should not even be rated

Are you talking to yourself? :laugh: :laugh: Talking up yourself or putting down others doesn't make you better :thumb:

Stroube even has the st x driveway named after him.... B STOUBE WAY... Wes is good, Kyle is good, Tim isn't, Mark is, EJ isn't, Campbell isn't. Bottom line. (Pete is too)

i have no idea how those coaches got the 03 title. even with the best players in the state, they'd ruin them with their nonexistant coaching

Amen, and Lamping is overrated, Stroube is the better hitter. I would probably put him number three as an all around player on the team this year.

Stxbombers07 said:
Amen, and Lamping is overrated, Stroube is the better hitter. I would probably put him number three as an all around player on the team this year.
I don't recall anyone saying, at least on here, that Lamping was a better hitter than Stroube. I gather from comments on this forum that people think Lamping is a better defensive catcher and that Stroube could play somewhere else on the field to get his bat in the line-up. Not sure what you have against Lamping...if you are a player for St.X then you better start getting along w/ him 'cause he's on the team and starting. If in fact you are part of the class '07 you need to start showing some leadership instead of ripping on your team mates. If you had a problem with where and who was playing last year then take it up with the coaches. If you really want different results this year maybe a better attitude and team chemistry is the place to start. Just my opinion.

Lamping can hit the ball and can play defense well too. St. X has two solid catchers in Lamping in Stroube, but seeing as they are basically equal give the Junior the time since he might have more potential and another year and let Stroube play right field. And don't try to tell me if I am wrong or right, I'm on the team and I know what the deal is.....

yea doubt that with the coaching staff this season don't guarantee yourself a spot on the team because even wes isn't guaranteed a spot. and why is everyone say lamping is getting recruited by tons of schools if he is just equal to stroube and just playing more time because he is a junior?

yeah but as of right now and because of last season, i am on the team right now. and if that changes then so be it, but i still know a lot about the team and wes is a lock have no worries there. they tell him he isn't to motivate him and push him....

the junior class has got some dirty dogs in it, vey solid players, but not much pitching, cept craig rother, and i think that if the pitching is consistantely decent with a couple solid performances in big games, that the defense will be sick ( especially infield), with mcgreevy b. rumpke issler e.rumpke and soem finley and rother, and the bombers can play some small ball on offense and swipe some bases, the senior class is good with some great guys like kyle wes mark e.j., etc. but the attitude of stroube could be a potential cancer to the team even if he is a good hitter, smilar to a bob freking last year who was unreal and everyone loved him but he would bring a negative attitude if he didnt do well and that brought down the team , but if the bombers mesh this year they could come out and surprise a lot of people even though moeller and elder are stacked.

Stxbombers07 said:
yea doubt that with the coaching staff this season don't guarantee yourself a spot on the team because even wes isn't guaranteed a spot. and why is everyone say lamping is getting recruited by tons of schools if he is just equal to stroube and just playing more time because he is a junior?
Most people think Lamping is a better overall catcher, period. The fact that he is only a junior is good news to the team because he'll be there 2 more years behind the plate. Why do you have so much hate toward some of the juniors? You've said stuff about Lamping and Issler and maybe more of them that I just don't know by name. What is the deal? And smart guy this is not a coach, not even close, but I did play the game.