Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

Funny how you focus on probably the least important part of what's going on with this pandemic.

Judge Trump on what he's doing and not doing, then what he Tweets and says at those pressers.

At it's core it's almost anti-science and anti-vaccination.

This approach may only work and should only be tried in situations where you have a highly virulent virus/bacteria that is not very contagious. But a virus with a very low fatality rate that is also very contagious may be impossible to stop using normal social distancing methods.

Now if we want to suspend the Constitution and hire the ChiComs to come here and employ their social distancing methods it might work. So whose up for that? Put your hands down Dr. Fauci & Dr. Acton!

Dude, the first article was written April 10th, and the second only quotes some Irish fella.

I'm concerned your obsessing may kill you quicker than the virus. In fact, I know it will.

She should have pointed out that he praised China's response and transparency over a dozen times , saying how hard they worked and how much they shared and how well they had it under control . He also said how well we had it under control and that we would be down to zero total cases by March

What did he say that upset you?
He was at his delusional best today. Claimed total victory in testing and falsely said every American who wants a test can get a test....actually said it twice. With Fauci and Pence in quarantine, the new stooge expert had to correct him in real time by saying that you can only get a test if you can meet the protocol. He then said Obama committed a crime but refused to say what that crime was. He just said everybody knows. He wrapped it up with having one of his patented mini-fits when asked a question he did not like by a Chinese American from West Virginia. She needed to ask that question of China. He abruptly ended it and walked off into the mask required West Wing. It was quite the show.

He was at his delusional best today. Claimed total victory in testing and falsely said every American who wants a test can get a test....actually said it twice. With Fauci and Pence in quarantine, the new stooge expert had to correct him in real time by saying that you can only get a test if you can meet the protocol. He then said Obama committed a crime but refused to say what that crime was. He just said everybody knows. He wrapped it up with having one of his patented mini-fits when asked a question he did not like by a Chinese American from West Virginia. She needed to ask that question of China. He abruptly ended it and walked off into the mask required West Wing. It was quite the show.
Glad you were entertained, everyone has to have hobbies I guess

I know he triggers you, but I_b seems to have more antibodies. His phobia surprised me.

I hope he triggers you and yours again tomorrow, that's the real show.

United States with 18,196 confirmed cases today. That is the lowest amount since March 26th. With the overall increase in testing, there are probably fewer new real cases than sometime in the middle of March.

The last two days for deaths are also the lowest totals since March 30th. The one caveat is that Sundays and Mondays have consistently been the lowest reported days for deaths throughout this ordeal. But it is still very good news.

More on how this pandemic has ravaged our Nursing Homes while government was busy shutting down beaches, playgrounds and most everything else:

39% of ALL the deaths have happened in Nursing Homes!

1589286341145.png

This is good news from Apple:

Apple has reportedly been in talks geared to shifting up to a fifth of iPhone production from China to India over the next five years. Most of the production would be for export.

This would represent a massive ramping up of the Cupertino company’s efforts to reduce its dependence on China, following a report that the company is to make AirPods outside the country for the first time …

Economic Times says that up to $40 billion worth of iPhones could be made in India. Only $1.5 billion worth of phones are sold locally, meaning that the vast majority of production would be destined for other countries.

We must never forget that it was China's incompetence and malice that led to this pandemic.

Shut down fatigue is real and the longer we stay closed up the worse it will get:

#StayHome had its moment. The United States urgently needed to flatten the curve and buy time to scale up health-care capacity, testing, and contact tracing. But quarantine fatigue is real. I’m not talking about the people who are staging militaristic protests against the supposed coronavirus hoax. I’m talking about those who are experiencing the profound burden of extreme physical and social distancing. In addition to the economic hardship it causes, isolation can severely damage psychological well-being, especially for people who were already depressed or anxious before the crisis started. In a recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, nearly half of Americans said that the coronavirus pandemic has harmed their mental health.

Not a big fan of Hannity - he doesn't let his more interesting guests talk. But lay off Limbaugh who is without doubt one of America's most insightful commentators on political & cultural matters.

In fact Limbaugh threw this out today - why didn't we (MSM & democrats) panic in 209/2010 during the Swine Flu Pandemic? The economy was in dire straights and the infection rate, hospitalization rate and # of deaths were as bad or worse then what even the pessimists expect from C-virus.

And guess what he has a point. So I dug up the history:

And here are some FACTS:

In less then a year after making it's first appearances in the US in 2009 these are the stats for the Swine Flu in early March 2010:

Total Infected = over 59,000,000

Total Hospitalized = over 265,000

Total Deaths = over 12,000

I would be surprised if the C-virus even matches let along exceeds these numbers.

Perception in ALL things matters. Yes we need to take this outbreak seriously but our reaction shouldn't be driven by who is in the oval office. By all accounts back in 2009/2010 the republicans worked with the Obama administration to fight this outbreak. And of course the MSM worked against inducing panic. But given today's events it seems like the MSM was really working o protect Obama and for sure the democrats have not reciprocated republican support in 2009.

Awesome foresight

Yes Lotty , I agree shutdown fatigue is real , no question . And I realize that this isn't sustainable , and the economy needs to get going and Sweden did it differently and it has worked pretty well . But you need to realize this was necessary BECAUSE of the lame late head in the sand response , we have this under control " it will drift away in the warmer in the warmer April breezes , we are at 15 cases and will be near zero by March . This is contained and controlled { Mid March and won't be a problem } . Now we have zero oversight on all the stimulus money. Yes I realize all the mental health domestic issues that are at play here . You need to realize that the numbers are still going up in some places that were places that were seemingly safe . So tell me since Trump is a guy you think has never ever erred in his whole life { Show me once where you questioned him about anything } what his logic was in lying about everything from the beginning ? I mean up until yesterday's slew of bald-faced lies ? If you are complaining , you need to realize who is in charge. You bagging on Fauci and clamoring for his firing tells me everything I need to know . You have never once criticized a totally incompetent Trump but rail against people who tell the truth and have actual knowledge on a regular basis . Nuff said far right conspiracy guy .

Last edited:
Why is it 8 states have 54000 of the 82000 deaths from C - 19. Those 8 states NY, Mass., TSUN, NJ, Cali, Ill, Penn, Conn.

What's your theory ? You really have no idea ? I'll drop a few hints , population density , commuter rail systems , big subway systems , full high rise office buildings with elevators , the place that accepts the most international travel from Europe { no early travel restrictions }, a wealthier population that has money to travel more . What do you think ? What's next ? Are you going to ask why the most wide open rural states{ Poor much less travel to and from } have the least amount of cases?

More on how this pandemic has ravaged our Nursing Homes while government was busy shutting down beaches, playgrounds and most everything else:

39% of ALL the deaths have happened in Nursing Homes!

View attachment 7125
If Trump and Biden or the governors had to live in a nursing home for a month, I doubt if we would have anyone dying from C - 19 in the nursing homes.

……...
The major factor there is medical capacity only. There has been plenty of time for any cultural adjustments to take place, for the majority who do not have their heads up their azzes to be part of the solution, and as long as we're watchful, to progress to some normalcy and spend, spend, spend those checks. Only the cowards and sheep are afraid America is not capable of recoverying economically down even to the small business level and using this as a learning for any future similar occurances.

We bent the curve, we did not overwhelm our medical facilities. For every hospital that was "overwhelmed" there were 100 that saw next to nothing. We've given our manufacturing sector time to change gears and pump out masks, ventilators, test kits, etc. America IS capable of recovery, we've done it from depressions, recessions, pandemics, wars, etc. not just once but multiple times through our history.

Where this was different is that it was an induced panic and recession. The media manipulated the population like no other time in our history and that includes the yellow journalism era. You can talk to people and there is a real fear of EVERY death from CV19, we lose tens of thousands from the flu every year, tens of thousands from car accidents, hundreds of thousands from heart disease, hundreds of thousands from smoking..... all of which are preventable, easily preventable, but you don't see the terror in people's eyes when talking about those.

Can we recover? Yes. Will we recover? Yes. The problem was that while the government was shutting businesses down no one was thinking about insuring their survival so that there could be a sustained recovery across the board. Not just small business, but large companies and corporations as well. As we were considering stimulus or "bailouts" during the economic coma, the government's actions should have been to keep all businesses alive. There was no need to send checks to millions of people whether or not they were impacted, there was no need to send to shore up unemployment, foodstamps, or any other government welfare program - we were at 97% employment, all we had to do was make sure people continued to get paychecks and for that all we needed to do was make sure employers could still pay their bills and cover the payroll. We've spent almost $4T to cover the results of the government action, not to prevent those results. If we'd have treated the symptoms of the government actions, as we reopened, the same businesses that people were working for would be able to welcome them back quickly for each phase.

As many as 50% of small businesses will fail because of this if it lasts even 6 months without full normality. As many as 10% of large corporations will fail in those same conditions. That's according to the US Chamber of Commerce. If that happens recovery isn't quick. During the last recession about 200K small businesses went belly up in 2008-2010 - the worst case projections for this year are 7.5M. An Obama-like recovery would take decades, we can't treat results - we have to treat symptoms.

The stay-in-place requirements were never about saving lives, it was about buying time. We cannot prevent any or all deaths from CV19, we can only delay the inevitable. Because until we either reach herd immunity or develop a vaccine, people will get this, and some will live and some will die. Those are the indisputable facts. The reality is that for 99% of the people that get it, it is no big deal and most of those people will be asymptomatic. Reopening is not a question, it's not even something that can be put off. Anyone with a brain can see that. The sad thing is, is that we have people in this country that do not have functioning brains and they cannot understand the facts, they need their safe spaces, comfort puppies, and non-triggering words in order to not lie in a darkened room crying about things they don't understand and can't control.

Last edited:
What's your theory ? You really have no idea ? I'll drop a few hints , population density , commuter rail systems , big subway systems , full high rise office buildings with elevators , the place that accepts the most international travel from Europe { no early travel restrictions }, a wealthier population that has money to travel more . …….

Florida is the #3 destination for international travelers - didn't have near the problems of the other top 5 destinations. Hundreds of thousands in close proximity on beaches and in theme parks. Maybe sun, sand, heat, and humidity actually played a positive role.

Awesome foresight

Thank you. And given that my predictions was just as good as Faiuci, Acton, the Imperial College of London and almost every epidemiologist in the world I'm good with it.

BTW, after I posted that Dr, Fauci admitted that they under estimated the dead from Swine Flu and that the real number was about 35,000. Still less then covid19 but back then we didn't abandon the nursing homes to be ravaged like we seem to have done this time around. And NY City wasn't run by an incompetent buffoon.

More on Sweden with a prediction that while nowhere near perfect the Swedish response will become the standard of care:

There are good reasons for countries to begin easing their restrictions. It will take several years to tally the total number of deaths, bankruptcies, layoffs, suicides, mental health problems, losses to GDP and investments, and other costs attributable not just to the virus but to the measures used to fight it. It should already be obvious, however, that the economic and social costs of lockdowns are enormous: estimates from the OECD suggest that every month of pandemic-related restrictions will shrink the economies of advanced countries by two percent. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States, according to the OECD, will see their economies shrink by more than 25 percent within a year. Unemployment is rising to levels unheard of since the 1930s—fueling political backlash and deepening social divisions.

Lockdowns are simply not sustainable for the amount of time that it will likely take to develop a vaccine.

And for the record Sweden did engage in mitigation - just not to the extent that we did.

It's time to push back on the Dr. Fauci & Dr. Acton's of the world. Rand Paul was right when he said they don't hold a monopoly on how best to fight covid19 and their track record to date has been awful.

I have gotten to the point where I no longer put any trust in the prognostications of scientists about COVID-19 and the comparison of various social policy tactics for dealing with it. These people have lost credibility – and I was already skeptical in the first place.

Some no doubt are well-intentioned and trying their best to do a good job. Others probably have a political agenda. But at this point I think even the first group simply doesn’t know. The country-by-country data gives us some information, to be sure – enough to bring me to the conclusion that there is no simple relationship between any of the rules and the outcomes claimed to be a result of those rules. But it doesn’t tell us what to do going forward.

Disney World closed March 12th . Florida being a very geriatric state had many of it's older population many of who I know { Uncles Mother in Law , Aunts , friends parents etc} started staying home and social distancing , sanitizing masks etc, BEFORE the mandatory orders. Spring break went on but of course that's young people not from Florida . I am very happy Florida has done well for the above reasons and because I love going there and in due time will be there more frequently { Semi-Retire to full retirement } I agree being outside is the best place to be . I am outside as much as possible , and I like to get some sun and vitamin C.

I go years without being sick enough to not go to work , either outside the house or inside from home . My immune system is very strong , and I advocate going outside whenever possible. Florida is much different than NY City and NJ in density and not having huge commuter rail systems and subways and many more high rise office buildings . I can'[t even imagine how many got this in elevators . I've been in man a crowded elevator in NY Boston Even Philly , you are going up sometimes 50 story's ?

People sneezing , coughing , breathing on you ? Long Island commuter trains that are sometimes LONG rides ? Just walking the NY streets , much more packed than any Florida city foot traffic. Just last year the family was in NY City for a couple days before the New Year as we were flying out of JFK to Europe . I remember thinking I didn't want to catch anything and be sick for our trip { Wife caught a cold and the affects started on day two.} The streets were packed so that sardines would felt confined and claustrophobic. Northern Italy with so many social gatherings that happen within families so frequently as a cultural norm had no chance .