Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

Well, if you want to go conspiracy theory, then that would explain why China, South Korea, and Japan have relatively lower cases per million.
OBCDEFG and I diverge on the conspiracy notion. Who knows if he means it, but I rather doubt it.

Smallpox carried by seemingly healthy Spaniards raged through native American populations. That is what defeated the Aztecs, not cannon, musket, and sword. Montezuma's Revenge doesn't bother Mexicans so much, but you had better not drink the water. Natural selection, physical immunities passed from nursing mothers, these are all very real and not at all conspiratorial.

The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me! - Trump Feb 24

I'd say all the data supports what he said, sans the markets.

Welcome back anti- american looser troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Golfball?????? or GOOFBALL?????
tenor.gif

Too. Effing. Bad.

It's only going to ramp up from here. It's not going to stop even after the #$%^er leaves office, either.
Agreed. The far left is obsessed with Trump. Truth or lie. It doesn't matter. It's beyond rational. They'd rather see him fail than the country succeed....which is why the past three years have been so enjoyable. I dont particularly care for Trump, but I am VERY entertained by the hate directed his way and look forward to 4 1/2 more years of watching the far left repeatedly lose their shlt.

Trump in 2024

Being critical of trumps rabid incompetence is unamerican...but attacking Obama was fine. His briefings are incredibly bad and full of promises that are not happening and lies. People will die because he refuses to listen to experts or see this through any other lens than his own personal self interest.

Nancy Pelosi is holding aid to common Americans hostage for cash subsidizing a journalists' retirement fund. This is a bribe for MORE biased coverage than her Party enjoys already.

Looks like both the new case and death volume is accelerating again. Case fatality rate in Italy is just under 10%! That’s mind blowing.
In a country of 60 million people less than 7000 have died from COVID 19. Lets say the death rate in Italy hits 10000 ( avg. age 81 ). Worth wrecking the economy over ? Once again just tell old people to stay home.

Italy has an old population, a lot of multi-generational households, and a very touchy-feeling culture. It was probably the absolute worst place this virus could have gone. It's also worth noting the age of the people dying (80+) and the fact that 99% of those deaths had "co-morbidity".

Still there's a refusal to use "estimated total infections" as the denominator.

Lies by omission is the crime of the media here. And fools eat it up.

Last edited:
In a country of 60 million people less than 7000 have died from COVID 19. Lets say the death rate in Italy hits 10000 ( avg. age 81 ). Worth wrecking the economy over ? Once again just tell old people to stay home.
Just curious, do you think the Italian economy doesn’t take a huge hit anyway with a virus of this magnitude and people flooding the healthcare system? And that’s with mitigation. What if they took no action? It would be chaos.

Italy has an old population, a lot of multi-generational households, and a very touchy-feeling culture. It was probably the absolute worst place this virus could have gone. It's also worth noting the age of the people dying (80+) and the fact that 99% of those deaths had "co-morbidity".

Lies by omission is the crime of the media here. And fools eat it up.
Obviously it’s been widely reported that age and co-morbidities are a huge factor.

Italy is starting to look like it has peaked. It has been around the same number of new cases and deaths for the last 4-5 days.

So this will probably be how things look for the next couple of months. The hot spots will peak and hopefully start to decline and a new hot spot will open. New York appears to be the new hot spot. Anyone's guess is where it will hit hardest next.

Too. Effing. Bad.

It's only going to ramp up from here. It's not going to stop even after the #$%^er leaves office, either.
What, did you skip your meds today? So it's alright for Hate Trumpsters to vent their irrational hate but lotr10 is wrong for pointing out the flaws in that unrelenting bizarre anger? ?‍♂️ Frankly your angry response helps prove how insane hateTrumpsters are and it gets worse by the day.