Will you watch College Football in the Spring if some teams play in the Fall?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Now that the Big Ten has made this decision, what is your viewing interest for Spring football if the Fall season takes place, bowl games are played, and a National Champion is crowned before the Spring season even begins?

Boating and camping season, so no. I usually DVR the Bucks early season games against patsies in the fall. November and December was all Buckeyes, this sucks, going to be an even longer winter.

Now that the Big Ten has made this decision, what is your viewing interest for Spring football if the Fall season takes place, bowl games are played, and a National Champion is crowned before the Spring season even begins?
I would think OSU will either play this fall, or not for a long, long, time.

Last edited:
OSU may play couple of games in the Spring as a showcase/ super spring football season but they will not play a full season and then turn around and play another season 3 to 4 months later and all this assumes some material change in the situation. (there won't be)

Yes of course I will. Anyone who says no is fooling themselves.
I ain't fooling. I dont think I have watched a pac 12 game in like 5+ years and that will be right in the middle of Keeneland, churchill, saratoga and belmont. I doubt they play in the spring so this is likely moot.

Ryan Day just said that he would prefer starting 'Spring Ball' in the first week of January. He prefers an 8-week season. Would give separation with with the Fall, and early entry recruits can get two (seasons) this year. But will it happen, of course not.

I ain't fooling. I dont think I have watched a pac 12 game in like 5+ years and that will be right in the middle of Keeneland, churchill, saratoga and belmont. I doubt they play in the spring so this is likely moot.
If it's a cold night in February and there's a good game on, you'll tune in.

Yes of course I will. Anyone who says no is fooling themselves.
I don't know. Right now, I feel like Spring football after a National Champion is crowned would feel meaningless. Almost like a consolation game. It would also feel like the Strike games in the NFL when all the teams were filled with journeymen. Not sure how much interest I would have.

I would watch, but I’m damn near 100% certain they will not be playing in the Spring.

Ryan Day just said that he would prefer starting 'Spring Ball' in the first week of January. He prefers an 8-week season. Would give separation with with the Fall, and early entry recruits can get two (seasons) this year. But will it happen, of course not.
Lol. So the virus will magically disappear by Christmas time. Situation will be no different at that time of the year compared to now. Might even be worse with flu season then. It ain't happening

Lol. So the virus will magically disappear by Christmas time. Situation will be no different at that time of the year compared to now. Might even be worse with flu season then. It ain't happening
No. Clearly the virus will still be here. I'm just telling folks what he said. Day is clearly going to bat for his guys. This is an awful situation for everyone involved. But if this is truly a player safety issue, there's no way they can play two seasons in a calendar year - whether a virus exists or not. For me, this is more about liability and amateurism concerns. It will be interesting to see if the three remaining Power 5 conferences allow all sports in the Fall if they move forward. If it's only football, that will be a huge amateurism issue. They're basically admitting that they need football to bring in that cash. Of course we already know this, so...

No. Clearly the virus will still be here. I'm just telling folks what he said. Day is clearly going to bat for his guys. This is an awful situation for everyone involved. But if this is truly a player safety issue, there's no way they can play two seasons in a calendar year - whether a virus exists or not. For me, this is more about liability and amateurism concerns. It will be interesting to see if the three remaining Power 5 conferences allow all sports in the Fall if they move forward. If it's only football, that will be a huge amateurism issue. They're basically admitting that they need football to bring in that cash. Of course we already know this, so...
They need the cash to subsidize their Athletic departments. They all do. If you have no fans, no cash. Also helps drive donations. But, don't fool yourself, very, very few football programs kick any serious cash flow to subsidize university operating expenses. Look for a reduced athletic department budget for all sports moving forward.

If it's a cold night in February and there's a good game on, you'll tune in.
If I knew you I would bet you any amount.

I cut the cord and live in the boonies so I have hughesnet. Only provider. Even if I wanted to I couldnt. Couldnt even watch many UK basketball games this past year. Had to use the radio LOL.

I think last year I watched one Big 10 interleague game and that was bc it was on at a bar

Day's fight is all lip service with nothing behind it. His AD and President made the decision. They will not leave the Big Ten

If I knew you I would bet you any amount.

I cut the cord and live in the boonies so I have hughesnet. Only provider. Even if I wanted to I couldnt. Couldnt even watch many UK basketball games this past year. Had to use the radio LOL.

I think last year I watched one Big 10 interleague game and that was bc it was on at a bar
Well in that case you won't be watching any games this fall then, either

I don't know. Right now, I feel like Spring football after a National Champion is crowned would feel meaningless. Almost like a consolation game. It would also feel like the Strike games in the NFL when all the teams were filled with journeymen. Not sure how much interest I would have.
There will be no national champions crowned for NCAA fall sports per the NCAA

Boating and camping season, so no. I usually DVR the Bucks early season games against patsies in the fall. November and December was all Buckeyes, this sucks, going to be an even longer winter.
buckeyes players are going to kneel so you wouldn't watch anyways.

jtk
()