Will Anderson and Turpin combine into one school?

skins99

Work is the scourage of the drinking class
I lived in Anderson Township for 10 years. They have an imaginary set of railroad tracks that divide the people. There is certainly an area that is white collar and educated versus the side that more blue collar. Those on the wealthy side don't want to see the integration from my point of view.

This is true but you also have both combinations in both schools. I went to Anderson and lived at the bottom of Salem which was peppered with money areas and I guess you would call where I lived upper middle class.

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
All of that is sad but true. Anderson is over 50 years old (1972 I think), outdated and putting money into that building is just a waste other than the necessary things to keep it up until you build a new school.
Latest I heard they were having problems with the swimming pool. To think if they managed it smart they could have had a new high tech facility like they did just across the county line at West Clermont High School.

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
This is true but you also have both combinations in both schools. I went to Anderson and lived at the bottom of Salem which was peppered with money areas and I guess you would call where I lived upper middle class.
Yea I kind of chuckled at that comment. On one side of Beechmont avenue you have the Area around Coldstream Country Club and that area you talked about down off Salem that overlooks the river, and then on the other side you have Ivy Hills and several other upper middle class Henry Fischer subdivisions. There is money in both schools. The only thing that may be true about ELLKSONE's post is there was some Section 8 housing moved into some of those neighborhoods along Salem and I believe they go to Anderson. I know a guy who used to own a body shop behind McDonald's and he used to tell me how the crowd going to McDonald's during lunch and right after school changed drastically after the Section 8 housing move along Salem.

ELKSONE

#EPND
Yea I kind of chuckled at that comment. On one side of Beechmont avenue you have the Area around Coldstream Country Club and that area you talked about down off Salem that overlooks the river, and then on the other side you have Ivy Hills and several other upper middle class Henry Fischer subdivisions. There is money in both schools. The only thing that may be true about ELLKSONE's post is there was some Section 8 housing moved into some of those neighborhoods along Salem and I believe they go to Anderson. I know a guy who used to own a body shop behind McDonald's and he used to tell me how the crowd going to McDonald's during lunch and right after school changed drastically after the Section 8 housing move along Salem.
My first house was in the subdivision near Summit Elementary (near 8-Mile and Northport); the mixture of ranch and two story homes were built in the mid to late 60's. The socioeconomic diversity of that area is very apparent in how the area looks today. I rented that house for 10 years and the I sold it back in March because the area is getting worse.
Also, your child can pick which high school they wanted to attend, that's why I believe Turpin has families that are more white collar than Anderson.

Last edited:

skins99

Latest I heard they were having problems with the swimming pool. To think if they managed it smart they could have had a new high tech facility like they did just across the county line at West Clermont High School.

Sigh, good memories in that pool for gym class. Emily String still brings back excellent memories (i think that was here name)

skins99

I know the dynamic has changed or I believe it has with open enrollment. I forgot to mention the area near Coldstream as another.

Irwin20

I live in Clermont county but my kids went to IHM and McNick so we have lots of friends and acquaintances in the Forest Hills district. When I read Elksone comment I was confused which HS was blue collar and which was white. I’ve always considered The demographics at each school similar. There probably are more apartment/older homes near Anderson however.

distrI think.

JUSTGOPLAY

I live in Clermont county but my kids went to IHM and McNick so we have lots of friends and acquaintances in the Forest Hills district. When I read Elksone comment I was confused which HS was blue collar and which was white. I’ve always considered The demographics at each school similar. There probably are more apartment/older homes near Anderson however.

distrI think.
With Purcell and Roger Bacon opting out of the GCL co-ed, McNick is the lone Cincinnati school left. Your parents log some serious highway miles following the Rockets league schedule. Are the McNck faithful still all good with GCL co-ed, or has there been some grumbling? 5PM starts in Dayton on a Tuesday afternoon gotta be a bear to get to for your Frosh parents and your Spring sport parents.

Irwin20

With Purcell and Roger Bacon opting out of the GCL co-ed, McNick is the lone Cincinnati school left. Your parents log some serious highway miles following the Rockets league schedule. Are the McNck faithful still all good with GCL co-ed, or has there been some grumbling? 5PM starts in Dayton on a Tuesday afternoon gotta be a bear to get to for your Frosh parents and your Spring sport parents.
The parents are use to it, they grumble sometimes. I was lucky other then Freshmen football (which not all the Coed schools have its year to year) my girls played varsity soccer/ track from their Freshmen year.
The big question is where would McNick go? Competition in the league Purcell/ Bacon are in is pretty poor outside of basketball, with PM and Bacon being the only real competition there. Wyoming and Indian Hill wouldn’t want them in the CHL..heck Wyoming might eventually lose a league football game. The league with New Richmond, Massie, Goshen, Batavia etc might be a good fit but McNick has a lot of student athletes from some of those schools so some administrations may not like that. When my son played half the starters were from Clermont county and the QB from Bethel.
I don’t know if McNicholas has any plans to move. There were rumblings a few years ago when Bacon/Purcell left but that seems to be in the background now.

Fun2Bme

The answer to this question is yes. The better question is when will they combine. When you're looking at what to with one of the HS properties, the decision has been made. Just a matter of when they will pull the trigger.