Who wins the SWOC?

If Edgewood wants to get back into the playoffs they need to schedule some winable out of conference harbin cows, WW was not a good scheduling choice...

If you want to elevate your program you need to play teams like WW. Can’t get out of the region unless you can compete with the big DII schools.

The problem last year was Losing to DIII Franklin and then the injuries hurting Franklin’s season. Also beating Badin who had a bad year didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to elevate your program you need to play teams like WW. Can’t get out of the region unless you can compete with the big DII schools.

The problem last year was Losing to DIII Franklin and then the injuries hurting Franklin’s season. Also beating Badin who had a bad year didn’t help.

Uh what kept Edgewood out of the playoffs last season was Harrisons win over the Indiana D2 state champion East Central . Huge harbin points for Harrison so Harrison got in the playoffs, even though Edgewood handled Harrison and won the league title.

Uh if you lose to a team, you get zero points for that game, regardless of the record of the team you lost to. What matters is the records of the teams you defeat during the season.Uh actually Badin had a decent year, believe it was 5-5.

If Edgewood wants to get back into the playoffs they need to schedule some winable out of conference harbin cows, WW was not a good scheduling choice...
Uh IMHO, any D2 public school that plays Winton Woods is stupid.Woods was left out of the ECC for a reason and it had nothing to do with race. The public schools in the ECC got tired of playing a Cincinnati all-star team loaded with kids from school districts all over Cincinnati. Edgewood was beyond stupid to schedule this game.

Uh, scrimmage tomorrow will tell the story. Think Sidney might be down a bit, but Milford and Clinton Massie are good teams. Massie is one of favorites to win the D4 state title.

Uh, as I have said before, Franklin was the best team I saw last season before all their injuries. Skill people were beyond good.

Uh IMHO, any D2 public school that plays Winton Woods is stupid.Woods was left out of the ECC for a reason and it had nothing to do with race. The public schools in the ECC got tired of playing a Cincinnati all-star team loaded with kids from school districts all over Cincinnati. Edgewood was beyond stupid to schedule this game.

You're absolutely right, the SWOC didn't want them either and if your'e AD doesn't understand the harbin game it hurts your program in the long run. I'd rather see a team go play the best in the playoffs not during the regular season.

Uh, scrimmage tomorrow will tell the story. Think Sidney might be down a bit, but Milford and Clinton Massie are good teams. Massie is one of favorites to win the D4 state title.
Uh, saw Edgewood today and was a little bit disappointed. QB missed open recievers and we lost contain because our OLBs played out of control. ILBs got toasted and the defense in general did not play well. OT is still an area of concern although you have to play the cards you are dealt unless you are a private school. Hope for the best.

Uh, saw Edgewood today and was a little bit disappointed. QB missed open recievers and we lost contain because our OLBs played out of control. ILBs got toasted and the defense in general did not play well. OT is still an area of concern although you have to play the cards you are dealt unless you are a private school. Hope for the best.

A hard look at personnel is in order in my opinion. There is a TE that would be a great OT. Players can strategically play both ways and all the seniors don’t need to start. JS

A hard look at personnel is in order in my opinion. There is a TE that would be a great OT. Players can strategically play both ways and all the seniors don’t need to start. JS

Uh, I agree.We need to get the best kids out there regardless of class, or whether or not they play both ways.There is a tight end who would be an excellent OT.

Edgewood rolls through the SWOC. Phillips and Williams back, plus Hayden is healthy. Who is going to stop them?
Uh Phillips and Williams are excellentRBS but you have to have o-linemen to open lanes for the RBs to run in. Uh as far as I know Hayden is not playing this year. Uh regardless I don't think Edgewood will roll thru the league, Edgewood lost to many really good players. Uh, Harrison and Mount Healthy are really good teams.

Saw the MH/Fairfield scrimmage last week. Thought the Owls looked better than a year ago on both sides of the ball. FF overmatched MH at times but surprisingly MH held their own in the 10 play format. MH appears to be installing the triple option.

Saw Ross against Norwood last week. Not sure how good Norwood is but Ross offense looked improved, less turnovers than I expected.

Not making predictions on either team but think both improve on 2017 records.

Uh Phillips and Williams are excellentRBS but you have to have o-linemen to open lanes for the RBs to run in. Uh as far as I know Hayden is not playing this year. Uh regardless I don't think Edgewood will roll thru the league, Edgewood lost to many really good players. Uh, Harrison and Mount Healthy are really good teams.

Edgewood struggling to create tackles instead of embracing the two way player and developing a plan to tactically rest them.

The center should be a tackle and an all time d-lineman is your best center. There’s a TE over there that would be a great tackle and you have two other TEs that should never leave the field anyway. Getting awfully late to keep messing around here. I guess we’ll see Thursday.

Actually after slow motion film review the tackles didn't do too bad. The guards need to get to the point of attack faster on the longer pulls and the backs need some serious assignment and technique practice. Missed assignments kill this offense and the back's assignments are making a lot of tackles in the scrimmage film.

Actually after slow motion film review the tackles didn't do too bad. The guards need to get to the point of attack faster on the longer pulls and the backs need some serious assignment and technique practice. Missed assignments kill this offense and the back's assignments are making a lot of tackles in the scrimmage film.
Uh, plays seemed to be a little bit late developing. The two backs are really good, we need a passing game to back up the defensive teams. Hopefully the timing will come, but you gotta go deep once in a while to keep the defense honest.

After watching the Mt Healthy game last night I don't see them wining the SWOC. They have some very talented players, but they're very undisciplined. Offense is very simple up the middle or run outside, passing game looked very weak. Defensively they started strong then fizzled in second half. They'll win games but I don't see them beating Edgewood or Harrison.

After watching the Mt Healthy game last night I don't see them wining the SWOC. They have some very talented players, but they're very undisciplined. Offense is very simple up the middle or run outside, passing game looked very weak. Defensively they started strong then fizzled in second half. They'll win games but I don't see them beating Edgewood or Harrison.
Uh, how did Heathy QB look? Coming back from knee injury was super fast before the injury.

Uh, how did Heathy QB look? Coming back from knee injury was super fast before the injury.

He is going to be the best athlete on the field most nights but until Mt Healthy gets their tailback back (sitting out first 5 games) they will be pretty basic on offense. Passing game is non existent as QB is a runner and not a thrower, and they lack the big play receiver they've had the last 4-5 years.

It will come down to the line. That is where they lost a lot.

They lost a center who had never played center and hardly ever knew his assignment, and tackle they moved from guard. The only "veteran" lineman they lost was one senior guard.

What they really lost was inside backers and a kicker. That's about it.

Mt Healthy will be fine. In nearly every SWOC game they play they will have the 4 most dominating players on the field (Crawford, Lanier, Phelps and Howard). Nobody in the SWOC is opening up the season with comparable OOC foes as MH (Anderson and Sycamore specifically).

MH will need to clean up the penalties and big plays they allowed Anderson to capitalize off of but the Owls will be in every game in the SWOC, with a chance to win in the 4th quarter.....that includes the game with the dark blue Kool Aid drinking men from Trenton.

They lost a center who had never played center and hardly ever knew his assignment, and tackle they moved from guard. The only "veteran" lineman they lost was one senior guard.

What they really lost was inside backers and a kicker. That's about it.

Pletz is a huge loss was just watching him kick a 49 yarder in his scrimmage

Mt Healthy will be fine. In nearly every SWOC game they play they will have the 4 most dominating players on the field (Crawford, Lanier, Phelps and Howard). Nobody in the SWOC is opening up the season with comparable OOC foes as MH (Anderson and Sycamore specifically).

MH will need to clean up the penalties and big plays they allowed Anderson to capitalize off of but the Owls will be in every game in the SWOC, with a chance to win in the 4th quarter.....that includes the game with the dark blue Kool Aid drinking men from Trenton.

Kool Aid drinkers will worry about that week 10. Lots of stuff will happen between now and then. Both will be completely different teams by then.