Who wins the SWOC?

EXPRESS

I think this year the SWOC champ comes down to Harrison and Edgewood again with Harrison winning it outright this year. Edgewood loses a lot of offensive talent and Harrison reloads with a strong senior and Jr class.

Lets get the discussion rolling...................

I think this year the SWOC champ comes down to Harrison and Edgewood again with Harrison winning it outright this year. Edgewood loses a lot of offensive talent and Harrison reloads with a strong senior and Jr class.

Lets get the discussion rolling...................

Edgewood lost no senior talent. All the skilled position starters are now seniors and are just bigger and stronger. They should be way better than last year.

What about the Edgewood o-line. Who do they have coming back. Also, is Harrison's QB back?

All the tight ends return, two guards that started all year, tackles and centers will come from a pool of experienced players. Edgewood will have a heavy senior roster with some D-1 recruits in the mix.

Harrison's QB graduated.

What about the Edgewood o-line. Who do they have coming back. Also, is Harrison's QB back?

Harrison will have a new JR QB, he's as good or maybe even a little better. They also return all their receivers. Harrison's d line will be a little bigger and faster than last years and will make for an interesting match up. I give the edge to Harrison as they will score a lot of points fast and there defense will be improved and very solid.

Edgewood v Harrison will be at Harrison which always makes it interesting. Right in the middle of the schedule too.

This Edgewood senior class as a team has always beaten their Harrison counterparts. Should be interesting.

All the tight ends return, two guards that started all year, tackles and centers will come from a pool of experienced players. Edgewood will have a heavy senior roster with some D-1 recruits in the mix.

Harrison's QB graduated.

Unless Mt. Healthy or Northwest get back to there winning ways. I just don't see anyone beating Edgewood for years to come. They have good teams from 7th grade and up. LM 8th grade beat edgewood last year but I've heard the stud RB and a few other players are going to Moeller. Express, what about the Harrison O-line. If there not experienced the it could be a long season for the new QB. That's LM's problem were getting some skilled guys but both lines need work.

Well I should say Edgewood will win this year but how long will the SWOC last. I think with no one going to the ECC this year eventually LM has to enter that league. SWOC attendance is terrible except Harrison and Edgewood.

Unless Mt. Healthy or Northwest get back to there winning ways. I just don't see anyone beating Edgewood for years to come. They have good teams from 7th grade and up. LM 8th grade beat edgewood last year but I've heard the stud RB and a few other players are going to Moeller. Express, what about the Harrison O-line. If there not experienced the it could be a long season for the new QB. That's LM's problem were getting some skilled guys but both lines need work.

I'm not to familiar with Edgewood's underclasses but I know the 8th grade team this year has only lost 2 or 3 games as a team since the third grade or even earlier. There are also some pretty good sized kids in the Sophomore class. They should be in good shape for some time. Good culture and off season training is now established and flourishing.

Talawanda will surprise people this year I think. Northwest is done until they get a new HC.

Harrison O-Line will be the big ?. They're placing 3 Srs i believe. The replacements have good size and strength but have limited varsity experience. They have the potential to be good but may take some time.

Well I should say Edgewood will win this year but how long will the SWOC last. I think with no one going to the ECC this year eventually LM has to enter that league. SWOC attendance is terrible except Harrison and Edgewood.

I think your spot on with LM wanting out but does the ECC want them? Not sure what schools are out there that could replace them in the SWOC. Candidates could be Princeton, Three Rivers, Winton Woods but i don't see two of those schools leaving their conference and I don't think the SWOC wants WW or they would already be there. Any others I'm missing??

I think your spot on with LM wanting out but does the ECC want them? Not sure what schools are out there that could replace them in the SWOC. Candidates could be Princeton, Three Rivers, Winton Woods but i don't see two of those schools leaving their conference and I don't think the SWOC wants WW or they would already be there. Any others I'm missing??
Taylor struggles right now as a member of the CHL so I think it will be a long time before they start playing larger schools. The district is growing so this should allow them to be more competitive in the years to come.

Uh, facts, Edgewood returns 3 offensive linemen , all outstanding players.The QB is back and 2 running backs who ran for all most 2000 yards last year. The defense returns 2 of the best players in the league in Justin Hiltbrand and Evan Brown. Season will probably come down to the o-line and the new kids on defense.Healthy will be good and Harrison is always Harrison.Talawanda has one class that is outstanding but don't know about their depth.Should be interesting.

Edgewood lost no senior talent. All the skilled position starters are now seniors and are just bigger and stronger. They should be way better than last year.
UH Edgewood lost a bunch of talented players. Seth Phipps, Nick Noble, DJ Whiles,Austin Scott,Jake Paulsen,Garret Gabbard,Logan Young,Deric Mcintyre, Julian Pletz and CJ Broughton and many more. Could be better than last year but a bunch of inexperienced players must step up and play at a high level.Losing Julian Pletz is probably the biggest loss punter and place kicker.

Uh, hoping Edgewood, Talawanda, and Ross, will go to the SWBL large school division with Franklin,Monroe,Bellbrook,and maybe Valley View.Great crowds and great competition

Harrison will have a new JR QB, he's as good or maybe even a little better. They also return all their receivers. Harrison's d line will be a little bigger and faster than last years and will make for an interesting match up. I give the edge to Harrison as they will score a lot of points fast and there defense will be improved and very solid.
Uh, Harrison lost 14 starters including all their skill people except for their spilt end who is an excellent player.Harrison is always good but I don't think they are the league favorites.

Uh, Harrison lost 14 starters including all their skill people except for their spilt end who is an excellent player.Harrison is always good but I don't think they are the league favorites.

Hey your brother keeps posting on the DB hose clamp. Have any good possum samiches lately?

UH Edgewood lost a bunch of talented players. Seth Phipps, Nick Noble, DJ Whiles,Austin Scott,Jake Paulsen,Garret Gabbard,Logan Young,Deric Mcintyre, Julian Pletz and CJ Broughton and many more. Could be better than last year but a bunch of inexperienced players must step up and play at a high level.Losing Julian Pletz is probably the biggest loss punter and place kicker.

I should have been more specific in response to the "Edgewood loses a lot of their offensive talent" statement in the first post.

That being said. I'm not too concerned with the holes in the defense. The senior class has a lot of talent there. More concerned about tackles, center and kicker. I agree the biggest loss is Pletz. Always nice to have a kicker that is just straight money.

Actually, harrison returns all their wide receivers, a running back that split time with our senior running back, three of our linebackers two starters and one that played but got hurt during the season, three d-linemen, senior defensive end/OL that was out last year injured but played as a sophmore, one DB, the top place kicker and punter in the league or possible city and o-line has three or four if you include the tightend. New QB, that is big and a dual threat with a lot of experience. Question marks are a few holes on the o-line and the DBs. I still think Edgewood is the team to beat but harrison will give them all they can handle.

Unless someone pulls a rabbit out of their hat, the SWOC is Edgewood's to lose this upcoming season. They clearly have the most talent coming back from a team defending its title from last year.

Harrison has a strong program even if they took some hits to graduation so I can see them being towards the top of the heap again this year.

Mt. Healthy could be towards the top if they can stay, um, healthy.

My bold prediction: Ross will win at least one SWOC game, maybe two?! They lost a lot of close games that could have gone either way last year.

Hey your brother keeps posting on the DB hose clamp. Have any good possum samiches lately?
Uh nice try Zeepapa but everybody knows you are my little brother once removed. Uh possum and lite beer a match made in heaven. UH looks like Badin might be going to Columbus 3 or 4 times a year to play the Columbus all-star teams.Uh, don't know much about Hartley or StCharles, but Desales is a really good program. D1 in baseball,ouch.

Unless someone pulls a rabbit out of their hat, the SWOC is Edgewood's to lose this upcoming season. They clearly have the most talent coming back from a team defending its title from last year.

Harrison has a strong program even if they took some hits to graduation so I can see them being towards the top of the heap again this year.

Mt. Healthy could be towards the top if they can stay, um, healthy.

My bold prediction: Ross will win at least one SWOC game, maybe two?! They lost a lot of close games that could have gone either way last year.
Uh actually Mt Healthy has the most returning starters back.

Actually, harrison returns all their wide receivers, a running back that split time with our senior running back, three of our linebackers two starters and one that played but got hurt during the season, three d-linemen, senior defensive end/OL that was out last year injured but played as a sophmore, one DB, the top place kicker and punter in the league or possible city and o-line has three or four if you include the tightend. New QB, that is big and a dual threat with a lot of experience. Question marks are a few holes on the o-line and the DBs. I still think Edgewood is the team to beat but harrison will give them all they can handle.
Uh Harrison lost 15 starters . QB,top RB, 3 or 4 o-linemen, all their LBS and the Browning kid who played on both sides of the ball.Dont get me wrong Harrison will be good, but I don't think they are the favorites to win the league. Fette and Young are the returning recievers, but someone has to get the ball to them.Farfsing is definitely the best kicker returning and will be a huge weapon.

Uh to say your QB has a lot of experience, is simply not true. Frankie Young who was a great player, took 95% of the snaps for Harrison last year.The new QB might be a world beater, but he is not experienced.

Uh Harrison lost 15 starters . QB,top RB, 3 or 4 o-linemen, all their LBS and the Browning kid who played on both sides of the ball.Dont get me wrong Harrison will be good, but I don't think they are the favorites to win the league. Fette and Young are the returning recievers, but someone has to get the ball to them.Farfsing is definitely the best kicker returning and will be a huge weapon.

Let me clean this up, 4 returning receivers, Reinstatler, Tidwell, Fette and Young. Browning may have played a couple of offensive down last year but less than five. LBS, one starter returns Shirley, the other two had plenty of reps and came in for different packages all year. QB has been a QB his whole career and it won't be his first rodeo, not to mention he's 6'3", cannon arm and much faster than Young. Youre correct on Farsing, D1 looks already happening. Still think the three new, young offensive linemen will be the big question mark.

Let me clean this up, 4 returning receivers, Reinstatler, Tidwell, Fette and Young. Browning may have played a couple of offensive down last year but less than five. LBS, one starter returns Shirley, the other two had plenty of reps and came in for different packages all year. QB has been a QB his whole career and it won't be his first rodeo, not to mention he's 6'3", cannon arm and much faster than Young. Youre correct on Farsing, D1 looks already happening. Still think the three new, young offensive linemen will be the big question mark.
Uh as far as I can see there are no starting LBS returning for Harrison. Uh the QB hasn't had a lot of snaps at the varsity level. Uh he might be the second coming of Tom Brady ], but he has no varsity experience. Harrison is always good , but I cant see them as good as last year.

Any way you look at it Edgewood should be better this year. Critical position players are seniors with a year of varsity time under their belts. QB, FB, RB, LG, RG, TE, OLB's etc...

I think their season comes down to staying healthy and figuring out who the ILB's will be along with the OT's. They aren't short of choices just depends on who rises to the position and how the coach's incorporate that specific skill set to the scheme.

Hiltibrand, who has always been the best all out football player in this class, is huge now and getting stronger everyday. He can be used in a lot of ways. Evan Brown, same story and the D-1 recruiting of these two speaks for itself. Logan Loftus who came in for an injured Nick Noble last year and demonstrated not only no drop off but I think an improvement at the position. Brady Richmond at safety or corner at 6'3" and fast has to be dealt with. Williams is pushing about 220 and brings a load at FB, much more than last year. Wade Phillips ran for 1300 plus last year, faster and stronger now for sure, legit low 4 second 40 speed. And good luck on trap and sweep with 6'2" 240 LG Andy Weaver bringing the load down on you with Phillips and Williams right behind. Cap that with second year starter Corbin Craft at QB who has been this classes field general since the second grade.
I look for some sleepers to make large contributions. Kory McCall, another 6'3, 6'4 TE/LB, Caden Nance, a very fast center and DL, and Isaac Hamilton, a strong and athletic OL/DL and returning starter.

Yeah, I think they'll be ok.

Teams looking to unseat the conference champs have their work cut out for them and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm also curious to see how Franklin and Badin contend with this group.

You win with your seniors as they say, and Coach Clemmons is certainly blessed with this group this year. Hopefully they can make some noise in the region too.

Any way you look at it Edgewood should be better this year. Critical position players are seniors with a year of varsity time under their belts. QB, FB, RB, LG, RG, TE, OLB's etc...

I think their season comes down to staying healthy and figuring out who the ILB's will be along with the OT's. They aren't short of choices just depends on who rises to the position and how the coach's incorporate that specific skill set to the scheme.

Hiltibrand, who has always been the best all out football player in this class, is huge now and getting stronger everyday. He can be used in a lot of ways. Evan Brown, same story and the D-1 recruiting of these two speaks for itself. Logan Loftus who came in for an injured Nick Noble last year and demonstrated not only no drop off but I think an improvement at the position. Brady Richmond at safety or corner at 6'3" and fast has to be dealt with. Williams is pushing about 220 and brings a load at FB, much more than last year. Wade Phillips ran for 1300 plus last year, faster and stronger now for sure, legit low 4 second 40 speed. And good luck on trap and sweep with 6'2" 240 LG Andy Weaver bringing the load down on you with Phillips and Williams right behind. Cap that with second year starter Corbin Craft at QB who has been this classes field general since the second grade.
I look for some sleepers to make large contributions. Kory McCall, another 6'3, 6'4 TE/LB, Caden Nance, a very fast center and DL, and Isaac Hamilton, a strong and athletic OL/DL and returning starter.

Yeah, I think they'll be ok.

Teams looking to unseat the conference champs have their work cut out for them and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm also curious to see how Franklin and Badin contend with this group.

You win with your seniors as they say, and Coach Clemmons is certainly blessed with this group this year. Hopefully they can make some noise in the region too.
Uh pretty much spot on.Hiltbrand and Brown have unlimited potential on defense. Weaver is probably the best guard in the league and I believe Mccall will be one of the best tight ends in the league. The keys to this team are OT,ILB, kicking game, and the secondary. We will find out soon enough as Monroe and Franklin have really good QBs, especially the kid from Franklin.