• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You got this s*** so confused lol. Nobody cares about your respect now go find a hobby. Check the offer lists of the kids folks more important than "Seymore Hiney" got respect for the program
Nobody deserves respect when ethics have no value. When a transfer comes into your school, the school admins have paperwork to complete and some of that is confirming the legit situation of the transfer. Obviously RH admins signed papers saying a transfer had moved into the district when in fact he did not. RH is actively looking to break the rules and this should be addressed. Transfers have become a part of hs sports but the adults in charge should be trusted to follow the rules, otherwise the kids never will.

Nobody deserves respect when ethics have no value. When a transfer comes into your school, the school admins have paperwork to complete and some of that is confirming the legit situation of the transfer. Obviously RH admins signed papers saying a transfer had moved into the district when in fact he did not. RH is actively looking to break the rules and this should be addressed. Transfers have become a part of hs sports but the adults in charge should be trusted to follow the rules, otherwise the kids never will.
Just brace for the arrival of Crumble for a full year. And they will be staying down . . .

Just brace for the arrival of Crumble for a full year. And they will be staying down . . .
The adults are the ones who lied about him. RH admins had to submit papers stated he had moved into the district and it had been confirmed. They clearly lied. If a school has that kind of leadership, our youth have little chance.

The adults are the ones who lied about him. RH admins had to submit papers stated he had moved into the district and it had been confirmed. They clearly lied. If a school has that kind of leadership, our youth have little chance.
Its crazy how yall dont think yall go too far. Last sentence is absurd. I could easily say the kids at Richmond will have better lives than you and yours and probably be right but that is a ridiculous statement to make about an internet stranger....

Its crazy how yall dont think yall go too far. Last sentence is absurd. I could easily say the kids at Richmond will have better lives than you and yours and probably be right but that is a ridiculous statement to make about an internet stranger....
Not at all. With leadership comes responsibility. We cannot tell kids to do the right thing knowing we are breaking rules. If you think otherwise you are part of the problem.

Not at all. With leadership comes responsibility. We cannot tell kids to do the right thing knowing we are breaking rules. If you think otherwise you are part of the problem.
With this logic then it would be a bunch of Richmond players in prison or doing nothing with their lives post HS but theyre all in college getting an education while yall sit here and say this bs.

I know nothing about whether RH cheats or not, but their coach said in open court that a player would lose scholarship offers if the judge didn't let him play in the Ohio D4 state tournament, which everyone knows is not the truth. I'm not sure that is a great example to set for the kids

With this logic then it would be a bunch of Richmond players in prison or doing nothing with their lives post HS but theyre all in college getting an education while yall sit here and say this bs.
Just because some is not made to follow the rules doesn't put them in prison. But success by breaking rules does set an example that will be a part of a future character choice.

I know nothing about whether RH cheats or not, but their coach said in open court that a player would lose scholarship offers if the judge didn't let him play in the Ohio D4 state tournament, which everyone knows is not the truth. I'm not sure that is a great example to set for the kids
That kid had more offers from his parents paying for his AAU travels than he got from RH. His parent will end up paying more money during his hs career to get him a scholarship than what it would cost to send him to any school in the country. So it's not about a scholarship.

Man I hope RH stays down . . .
This is a loser mentality imo. Take away OSHAA and their horrible system. There’s still a school and community who seemingly wants to pound their chest about beating what most would consider lower competition. If it was about being the best… they would take the option to opt for D1. It’s almost comical that some of you take pride in beating teams you know you are supposed to be. Weird.

Now the Richmond community is pounding their chest. I thought they had no support. I also couldve sworn they beat the D1 champs wire to wire. The crying is done over and over again. Its baseball/track season. Acting like Richmond or the people on here defending them are going around rubbing it in people faces is the real "loser mentality"

This is a loser mentality imo. Take away OSHAA and their horrible system. There’s still a school and community who seemingly wants to pound their chest about beating what most would consider lower competition. If it was about being the best… they would take the option to opt for D1. It’s almost comical that some of you take pride in beating teams you know you are supposed to be. Weird.
For the record, I'm not affiliated with Richmond Heights or any other program for that matter.

I'm simply over the incessant whining by all the "they're ruining the chances of our once in a generation team that's put together the right way and finally has a chance for MY community to pound our chests" people.

Sorry but that's the system.

For the record, I'm not affiliated with Richmond Heights or any other program for that matter.

I'm simply over the incessant whining by all the "they're ruining the chances of our once in a generation team that's put together the right way and finally has a chance for MY community to pound our chests" people.

Sorry but that's the system.
I’m not worried about these generational teams everyone is supposedly going on about. Does the Richmond hts situation seem weird? Yea .. but them moving to D1 would quiet the constant complaining. And winning 3 years in a row should be enough for anyone to realize they aren’t being challenged. You can’t tell schools to get better against schools who have high level kids moving to join other high level players.

Now the Richmond community is pounding their chest. I thought they had no support. I also couldve sworn they beat the D1 champs wire to wire. The crying is done over and over again. It’s baseball/track season. Acting like Richmond or the people on here defending them are going around rubbing it in people faces is the real "loser mentality"
Ooo I hope they stay in d4 and keep pounding these smaller schools. What is being gained by that? Seriously let’s be real here. I said nothing about support because I know nothing about the community. You’d think they’d want to win at the highest level of competition but everyone has diff goals

Ooo I hope they stay in d4 and keep pounding these smaller schools. What is being gained by that? Seriously let’s be real here. I said nothing about support because I know nothing about the community. You’d think they’d want to win at the highest level of competition but everyone has diff goals
What is being gained by continously crying when there wasnt even a bylaw to move up until next season? Why do yall keep ignoring that part? There was no way else for them to go lol. My comment about them staying down forever was facetious after another round of bitching. I would like to see them in D1 next year at least but they truly dont owe anybody a damn thing

You can’t tell schools to get better against schools who have high level kids moving to join other high level players.
Yes you can. That is the reality for 99% of D1 and D2 publics and will continue to be until the end of time. Life goes on for them so why does every small school need a safe space division? Contrary to popular opinion nobody needs this mythical "fair shot" at a state championship to enjoy high school atheltics.

What is being gained by continously crying when there wasnt even a bylaw to move up until next season? Why do yall keep ignoring that part? There was no way else for them to go lol. My comment about them staying down forever was facetious after another round of bitching. I would like to see them in D1 next year at least but they truly dont owe anybody a damn thing
No one ignored it. No one should be complaining until it’s set in stone that they are staying… then let the usual commence.

You sound somewhat like the coach at RH!!!!

Stupid comment….they cheat the system and say to hell with the rules and the teams who actually think about a legitimate chance to win state with friends they went through life with since kindergarten and doing things the right……AAU and the wannabe coaches are ruining high school sports…..this fiasco started in the early 2000’s….check past attendance in state tournaments…..not even close to what it was and only going to get worse…7divisions are also a joke….OHSAA is trying to recover from lost capital from the past….not going to work!!!!
What rules have they broke ? Just because you grew up with the kids you play with does not mean you are good enough or deserve to win a state title. Times are changing. Look at the college landscape - much different as well. All schools play by the same set of rules. If you can find an actual rule they broke (other then you not liking it) let me know.

What rules have they broke ? Just because you grew up with the kids you play with does not mean you are good enough or deserve to win a state title. Times are changing. Look at the college landscape - much different as well. All schools play by the same set of rules. If you can find an actual rule they broke (other then you not liking it) let me know.
Why did the OHSAA have to get involved with a player this year who did not live inside the school district? IF RH was not trying to cheat they would have just told this play and everyone that he was only going to play 11 games and then sit until next season.

Why did the OHSAA have to get involved with a player this year who did not live inside the school district? IF RH was not trying to cheat they would have just told this play and everyone that he was only going to play 11 games and then sit until next season.
That would mean they are over 100 "cheaters" in the state. 10-12 Maple Heights had a kid who finished his season at Huntington Prep but they sure as hell tried too. You just didnt hear about it.

That would mean they are over 100 "cheaters" in the state. 10-12 Maple Heights had a kid who finished his season at Huntington Prep but they sure as hell tried too. You just didnt hear about it.
I never said RH was alone. I'm saddened by adults falsely completing documents so their school is better at a sport. People that are supposed to be educators of youth but yet they cannot follow rules for a high school team.

The OHSAA ruled against TJs transfer - and he sat. Again what rule did they break. They have open enrollment and a kid transferred in - it happens at a lot of schools.

The OHSAA ruled against TJs transfer - and he sat. Again what rule did they break. They have open enrollment and a kid transferred in - it happens at a lot of schools.
Again I'm not claiming RH has the only adults with poor ethics. When a student like TJ transfers to a new district there is paperwork to be filed. If the student is an open enrollment, the rules are clear they can play half a season their first year then sit until the second. If they moved into the district the residence must be confirmed by the administrators and verified it was an actual relocation inside the district to be eligible for a full season the first year. RH admins documented the family moved and relocated inside the school district when in fact they had not and were not living there. Then when this lie was challenged RH officials went to court and spoke on the players behalf to not be made to follow the rules.

The OHSAA clearly states they rely on schools to police themselves. They pretty solidly proved the kid transferred for basketball reasons and that he probably wasn't living where they said he was and ruled him ineligible. The family sued OHSAA with the schools support. At the very least they failed to police themselves.

The OHSAA did not rule against his transfer, they actually confirmed that his transfer was due to an open enrollment. But the school admins claimed he transferred by moving into the district.

Question? What is the required number of years for “home grown”. By next year the core of RH will all have 4 years at same school.