• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This right here. It's like they get triggered that parents and athletes make life decisions with athletics in mind lmao.

I guess they don't do this in small towns, you know, relocate for better opportunities. I don't get why it's like a foreign concept to them. Do they not have friends or relatives in metro areas?
Do you live in a small town? In a rural area? Both sides don't understand what it's like and never will. RH got caught with TJ. No one wants to talk about that. They tried to pull a fast one and got caught. So everyone's questioned it for years and now even more so. For every TJ Crumble how many have they gotten away with? If you think this is the only time it's happened your delusional. He left LE. Is RH a better school then LE? I honestly don't know but I doubt it. So yes that's why the whole state questions everything they do.

Do you live in a small town? In a rural area? Both sides don't understand what it's like and never will. RH got caught with TJ. No one wants to talk about that. They tried to pull a fast one and got caught. So everyone's questioned it for years and now even more so. For every TJ Crumble how many have they gotten away with? If you think this is the only time it's happened your delusional. He left LE. Is RH a better school then LE? I honestly don't know but I doubt it. So yes that's why the whole state questions everything they do.
Seeing as your definition of "being caught" is a kid having to sit out the second half of a season after transferring...do you realize how many schools got "caught" between football and basketball season?

Its also impossible not to understand your guys pov because its everywhere on here. All people are saying is when you have a Metropolitan area with many different school choices people will send their kid to the best situation possible. Its literally this simple. The rural pov that every high school team should be comprised of kids from grade school is just beyond unrealistic for the rest of the state lol. The suburbs dont even work like that.

Seeing as your definition of "being caught" is a kid having to sit out the second half of a season after transferring...do you realize how many schools got "caught" between football and basketball season?

Its also impossible not to understand your guys pov because its everywhere on here. All people are saying is when you have a Metropolitan area with many different school choices people will send their kid to the best situation possible. Its literally this simple. The rural pov that every high school team should be comprised of kids from grade school is just beyond unrealistic for the rest of the state lol. The suburbs dont even work like that.
They literally fought the ohsaa on this and were dishonest about the living arrangements so no its not close to same as all the other kids that sat out. They lied and got caught. It's not defensible yet your on here saying it's some honorable thing to do. It's not and it's a bad look. There are cases where it makes sense and there are cases where lines get crossed. It does happen at other schools to but if your the best team you get the attention and the scrutiny.

They literally fought the ohsaa on this and were dishonest about the living arrangements so no its not close to same as all the other kids that sat out. They lied and got caught. It's not defensible yet your on here saying it's some honorable thing to do. It's not and it's a bad look. There are cases where it makes sense and there are cases where lines get crossed. It does happen at other schools to but if your the best team you get the attention and the scrutiny.
No you just have trouble arguing the words in front of you. I never said it was a honorable thing. I said thats how life works in a city. The final ruling (the move did not compel the transfer) was very similair to many across the state. Saying otherwise is actually being dishonest at best but you got it.

No you just have trouble arguing the words in front of you. I never said it was a honorable thing. I said thats how life works in a city. The final ruling (the move did not compel the transfer) was very similair to many across the state. Saying otherwise is actually being dishonest at best but you got it.
So the way the Crumbles did it and RH did it is the way most people did it across the state? I understand the final ruling is similar. What the articles described with TJs housing situation and move to RH etc is how most people approach it? Yeah I don't think so. You never address the details of what actually happened and how they tried to fool the ohsaa. I have no issue actually with kids transferring for better opportunities. I do have an issue with a school thinking they are above the law. Doesn't matter if it's city or rural it's wrong. In this case it was nationally ranked player so it was an arrogant approach. We obviously disagree and that's ok. From everything I've heard he's a really respectful young man and I wish him the best. They won without him.

Full disclosure, I live in a suburb of 13000 right now where I grew up, University Hts. First thing is my town sends more children to private schools than any community in Ohio (around 45%) so perspective maybe more than any public school guy is that people are going to private schools.

I am a Cleveland Heights grad but there are some excellent private schools within a 10 mile radius. I live within 2 miles of Hathaway Brown, Beaumont, US lower, Lutheran East. Some of the best schools in Ohio.

If I had a child, every option is on the table..public or private. I might go public K-12, maybe private K-12...maybe public K-9 and private 9-12.

If I choose a high school for my child, the educational reputation would be a major factor and their hobbies and talents and does that school provide opportunities and or specialize in said hobby.

If my child is an athlete and has an interest in that and it is important and maybe has the opportunity to play a sport post college, I am 110% factoring in sports into where my child would attend. My child will also have a say buy parents have veto power.

For example Heights is not good at baseball. If my child is like the best baseball player at a public CH-UH middle school and Heights baseball is terrible, I personally am looking into St Ignatius, Walsh, Hoban, etc. Same with soccer, hockey etc...and I am a Heights alum lol. If my child was the best 8th grade basketball player in East Cleveland and had a 4.0 GPA, I would look into Ignatius, Ed's, Lutheran East, VASJ before I would send him to Shaw.

If the local public is good enough I will send them public lol. Now if the child got into Hawken or US along with Lutheran East then you have a decision to make...but I digress.

Point being where I live we got options and all would be on the table for my child. That being said even I can admit some transfers are questionable. I never understood transferring to Garfield Hts from Ignatius but that's just me.

Full disclosure, I live in a suburb of 13000 right now where I grew up, University Hts. First thing is my town sends more children to private schools than any community in Ohio (around 45%) so perspective maybe more than any public school guy is that people are going to private schools.

I am a Cleveland Heights grad but there are some excellent private schools within a 10 mile radius. I live within 2 miles of Hathaway Brown, Beaumont, US lower, Lutheran East. Some of the best schools in Ohio.

If I had a child, every option is on the table..public or private. I might go public K-12, maybe private K-12...maybe public K-9 and private 9-12.

If I choose a high school for my child, the educational reputation would be a major factor and their hobbies and talents and does that school provide opportunities and or specialize in said hobby.

If my child is an athlete and has an interest in that and it is important and maybe has the opportunity to play a sport post college, I am 110% factoring in sports into where my child would attend. My child will also have a say buy parents have veto power.

For example Heights is not good at baseball. If my child is like the best baseball player at a public CH-UH middle school and Heights baseball is terrible, I personally am looking into St Ignatius, Walsh, Hoban, etc. Same with soccer, hockey etc...and I am a Heights alum lol. If my child was the best 8th grade basketball player in East Cleveland and had a 4.0 GPA, I would look into Ignatius, Ed's, Lutheran East, VASJ before I would send him to Shaw.

If the local public is good enough I will send them public lol. Now if the child got into Hawken or US along with Lutheran East then you have a decision to make...but I digress.

Point being where I live we got options and all would be on the table for my child. That being said even I can admit some transfers are questionable. I never understood transferring to Garfield Hts from Ignatius but that's just me.
Transferring to Garfield Hts? Rationale is probably related to whatever Sonny promised

The issue was not with TJ - the issue was with the parents and their home situation. The details were cloudy but it had to do with the listing price of the home if I'm not mistaken. The OHSAA decided to make an example of TJ - even though there were transfers that were questionable all over the state during football. That is fine TJ was there the rest of the season cheering on his teammates and has paid his due. He has two years remaining.

Appreciate the response and the honesty. Good points.

The issue was not with TJ - the issue was with the parents and their home situation. The details were cloudy but it had to do with the listing price of the home if I'm not mistaken. The OHSAA decided to make an example of TJ - even though there were transfers that were questionable all over the state during football. That is fine TJ was there the rest of the season cheering on his teammates and has paid his due. He has two years remaining.
The details weren't cloudy. Everyone knows what happened. It was on the news and the appeal was denied. Plenty of details in the article. Nothing terrible happened but it's more a RH thing then a TJ thing. There have been rumors for years but the Ohsaa couldn't prove it till this year when it was done blatantly.

The details weren't cloudy. Everyone knows what happened. It was on the news and the appeal was denied. Plenty of details in the article. Nothing terrible happened but it's more a RH thing then a TJ thing. There have been rumors for years but the Ohsaa couldn't prove it till this year when it was done blatantly.
It was not a RH thing. TJ knew several kids in the program and wanted to play with them instead of with the kids at LE. I'm not sure of the reason - but something happened. Why else would you leave program that won state and was favorite to win again. I heard it was between RH and VASJ (I believe his dad went there) and he picked RH. He has two quality years left to win a state championship - or two.

It literally cant be one or the other. You clearly just want to call Richmond cheaters which is fine but youre tap dancing. How is it more a Richmond thing than the Crumbles when the Crumbles bought the house in question? Did Richmond bribe them?

the hypocrisy of Berlin Hiland fans not admitted they don't win 2 Championships without a transfer move in is so pathetic on there part ..

It literally cant be one or the other. You clearly just want to call Richmond cheaters which is fine but youre tap dancing. How is it more a Richmond thing than the Crumbles when the Crumbles bought the house in question? Did Richmond bribe them?
Honest question. Do you believe when players transfer there's no communication between the coaches the kids are going to play for and the families of the player? Of course they do. There's communication among everyone. Stop acting like the Crumbles just went went rogue and did their own thing. The process gets discussed

Honest question. Do you believe when players transfer there's no communication between the coaches the kids are going to play for and the families of the player? Of course they do. There's communication among everyone. Stop acting like the Crumbles just went went rogue and did their own thing. The process gets discussed
I am not saying there is no communication IMO.

What I am saying is you/we don't know who initiated the conversation. Who is the driver ..who reached out to who. I don't believe you know either.

From the outside looking in, it would seem to me TJ would have more incentive to try to play for RH than RH would recruiting Crumble to move. Do you have inside info on the communication between the two sides? I do not.

Also I do know RH core three played as freshman. I don't know where they went to middle school but I personally don't care. I do know one of the juniors parents is Brush's girls varsity basketball coach (he is a jr, didn't stalk him lol) but could live in RH. He obviously didn't try to get his kid into Brush.

I am not the guy to look into where these kids went to middle school and RH is open enrollment.

First off many of the top players in most areas know each other. Many of these kids spend their Spring and Summer playing each other in the AAU circuit. These kids begin in some cases to form friendships. In MOST cases it's the kids who get that ball rolling by wanting to play together in high school. In the case of Trumble something had to happen between TJ and someone on the team. I guess its possible that he just liked the RH kids better and would rather play with them - who knows. Maybe he liked the coaching staff better or wanted to play that national schedule - something LE does not currently do.

Between the private schools and publics with open enrollment it's only going to get harder for mediocre teams to keep their star players. Crumble is a unique situation because he left a state champ to play for a state champ - that is not normally how it works. Get used to it because unless something changes its only going to get worse.

It’s the kids in most cases initiating the conversation. Modern social media allows any kid to “hit up” another with incredible ease. A kid can start a private conversation with any guy or girl on Snapchat and/or Instagram within minutes of meeting them. This isn’t the good old days of seeking a phone number, calling long distance and hoping you called the right number.
Would the level of animosity be the same had O-G been the beneficiary of a Shelby standout with O-G ties transferring in during his high school years? Same with DSJ and a family of elite hoopers in Hilliard with ties to Delphos.

Last edited:
It’s the kids in most cases initiating the conversation. Modern social media allows any kid to “hit up” another with incredible ease. A kid can start a private conversation with any guy or girl on Snapchat and/or Instagram within minutes of meeting them. This isn’t the good old days of seeking a phone number, calling long distance and hoping you called the right number.
Would the level of animosity be the same had O-G been the beneficiary of a Shelby standout with O-G ties transferring in during his high school years? Same with DSJ and a family of elite hoopers in Hilliard with ties to Delphos.
I think the issues started years ago when it was well documented where all the players came from including from other states. Different from 1 kid transferring. That's where the scrutiny started. Either way those kids are good and they play the game the right way. They play unselfish and play terrific defense.

That's a completely different situation. The kid from Shelby's dad was an OG grad. His grandparents still live in the OG district. The Hilliard kids' dad is a St John's alum....and they have family in Delphos. A bit of a different situation from random kids just happening to show up at a school lol

That's a completely different situation. The kid from Shelby's dad was an OG grad. His grandparents still live in the OG district. The Hilliard kids' dad is a St John's alum....and they have family in Delphos. A bit of a different situation from random kids just happening to show up at a school lol
Not really. Posters have been led to believe that all transfers in NW Ohio are to be frowned upon regardless of circumstance(s). I guess I proved there are extenuating circumstances, most notably having relatives and attending family cookouts in said towns. You and I know many in those communities would’ve been at their doorsteps to help unpack because they would’ve made both programs better immediately and both communities have good people. You can’t prove without exhaustive research the RH kids have no family ties to their new community too. They moved from neighboring areas so it’s possible. On the surface these look like a basketball above all else transfers, but I’m also not privy to conversations about academics, friendships, family ties and school culture/safety.

If you're referencing the Norris family at Hilliard, Brett was head coach at DSJ but is not an alum. Fantastic coach and very talented sons.

Would DSJ face animosity? We're a Catholic school, of course we would. We were crushed with recruiting allegations after the football team beat Shadyside in 2010. Even sports writers were accusing us of recruiting. Any Catholic/private school is instantly accused of recruiting any time they're successful.

Within a 15 mile radius of Delphos there are some fantastic sophomore basketball players. I'm sure they all know each other well from AAU, etc... I'm pretty confident that none of them would ever consider all of them transferring to one school to play together. Never. It's not something that would happen here. But if it did that coach and school would be a pariah here. But apparently in other parts of the state it's as big a deal. We live in different worlds.

Comes down to a lot of people are clueless to almost anything about these people and these places that they complain about. The assumptions are interesting.
This might be the best comment on here honestly. People just need to accept urban life and rural life are different. Maybe we could save some time.

First off many of the top players in most areas know each other. Many of these kids spend their Spring and Summer playing each other in the AAU circuit. These kids begin in some cases to form friendships. In MOST cases it's the kids who get that ball rolling by wanting to play together in high school. In the case of Trumble something had to happen between TJ and someone on the team. I guess its possible that he just liked the RH kids better and would rather play with them - who knows. Maybe he liked the coaching staff better or wanted to play that national schedule - something LE does not currently do.

Between the private schools and publics with open enrollment it's only going to get harder for mediocre teams to keep their star players. Crumble is a unique situation because he left a state champ to play for a state champ - that is not normally how it works. Get used to it because unless something changes its only going to get worse.
This is an excellent point. RH has the national schedule and they would have reason to beef up the roster. Our point remains nobody here knows who initiated what.

Also I am.not sure if anyone he when some of these kids moved to RH. I do know Steele came from Heights a couple years ago.

Don't say everyone who watches basketball knew Richmond Heights would win. They were like 6 in the AP poll. Technically you can say they were underdogs.
Only an idiot would call them underdogs. If we are gonna be anything, let’s be foreal here. Played a national schedule against top competition and you think they were underdogs against a few d4 schools from Ohio? The delusion is real

Only an idiot would call them underdogs. If we are gonna be anything, let’s be foreal here. Played a national schedule against top competition and you think they were underdogs against a few d4 schools from Ohio? The delusion is real
It was tongue and cheek. Explain why they were ranked so low in the AP.poll.

It was tongue and cheek. Explain why they were ranked so low in the AP.poll.
Because polls are worthless. It is impossible for the voters to see all of the teams, so they go by record, even though a team might play top-flight opponents and a higher voted team might play an inferior schedule. RH was 19-9.