Who becomes the new HC at Perrysburg?

BG has had some success the since 2014 but they’ve also been blessed with the likes of Garcia, Dohonas and Brown at QB for 4 or 5 of those 7 seasons. All 3 are, were or will be division 1 baseball players

BG only had roughly 20 sophomores and juniors combined on the roster last year, they remain the 6th biggest school in the conference with arguably the worst athletic facilities. Call me skeptical but I don’t see it as a job many will want to jump to.

Last edited:
BG has had some success the since 2014 but they’ve also been blessed with the likes of Garcia, Dohonas and Brown at QB for 4 or 5 of those 7 seasons. All 3 are, were or will be division 1 baseball players

BG only had roughly 20 sophomores and juniors combined on the roster last year, they remain the 6th biggest school in the conference with arguably the worst athletic facilities. Call me skeptical but I don’t see it as a job many will want to jump to.

Valid points, I wonder if they will attach a the athletic director job to the next head coach, could be a huge incentive for some you would think.

I am being told by employees of the district that Andy Brungard of AW was consulted during the hire? I am not trying to degrade Coach Connor's hire by any means, he has done as great job but I just wonder why Jaco would consult with an opposing league coach who didn't want the job? I think the BG job will draw plenty of applicants.

yes

Any good offensive minds in the area that Connor could potentially hire?
I have been thinking aboit this also.

I like Archbold’s offense. I like what coach does with it and they always score points.

what do the Pburg folk think? Keep the offensive staff at Perrysburg? Adopt the triple?

Who’s offense in NW Ohio fits at Pburg?

Last edited:
Conner is the current AD at BG. How soon does that become an issue?

Exactly, he is leaving at the end of the year to teach at Perrysburg so I assume he wouldn’t be involved in the hiring process considering they are a conference foe, but it does leave an open AD spot at BG. Didn’t know if they will hire that as a package deal or wait until Connor is officially gone to hire a new AD.

Exactly, he is leaving at the end of the year to teach at Perrysburg so I assume he wouldn’t be involved in the hiring process considering they are a conference foe,
No kidding.

but it does leave an open AD spot at BG. Didn’t know if they will hire that as a package deal or wait until Connor is officially gone to hire a new AD.
You think there is any chance that they might have two AD's for several months?

If I was the Superintendent at BG I would fire Conner as soon as Perrysburg makes some sort of official announcement. Conner is a really good guy, but there will be increasing conflicts of time and interest as the school year continues toward June.

No kidding.

You think there is any chance that they might have two AD's for several months?

If I was the Superintendent at BG I would fire Conner as soon as Perrysburg makes some sort of official announcement. Conner is a really good guy, but there will be increasing conflicts of time and interest as the school year continues toward June.

It is a very odd situation to be in, I assume they will be on the hook for him either way, may be hard to justify to a school board but would make logical sense to hire someone immediately.

It is a very odd situation to be in, I assume they will be on the hook for him either way, may be hard to justify to a school board but would make logical sense to hire someone immediately.
I'm not sure he can be fired in the middle of the school year for this.

There is zero chance they will pay 2 AD salaries.

BG AD job posted. Don’t need an Administrator license, Bachelor’s degree is required. Salary starts at $55,000. Not sure a lot of people are going to be banging down the door for this gig.

BG AD job posted. Don’t need an Administrator license, Bachelor’s degree is required. Salary starts at $55,000. Not sure a lot of people are going to be banging down the door for this gig.
"Salary is commensurate with experience. (Minimum $55,000)."

Interesting that the application deadline is January 10.

BGHS was not well served by the two AD's previous to Conner. I wonder if they have someone in mind already?

"Salary is commensurate with experience. (Minimum $55,000)."

Interesting that the application deadline is January 10.

BGHS was not well served by the two AD's previous to Conner. I wonder if they have someone in mind already?
I was going to say I can't imagine anyone wanting an AD position for $55k.

This is really interesting, they have to have their guy for this AD position already. That is probably why they posted the salary so low and haven’t really advertised it with a short end date. They have to publicly post it, but I would bet thats just for show and they already have their guy. I just wonder if he will also be the HFC.

No longer coaching, long time hockey coach Dan DeWitt is the Jr. High AD.

They have a couple of guys on staff who could be the HC. I believe someone else mentioned Mike Ward.

But I haven't talked to anyone in the school in weeks.

So who will be the next BGHS coach? I know people have said Mike Ward but I would think he would want to get back into the college game at some point. Is there anyone in-house who wants the gig?

Heard Ward is trying to get to PB with Dirk. Not sure why you would leave college, to try and return one season later.
I don't think Ward "left" college...I think it left him. I would bet that the grind of recruiting, etc. would wear a lot of people down. HS in some ways is a better gig. Steve Gwin was a UT coach and moved on and had a lot of success at Springfield.

I don't think Ward "left" college...I think it left him. I would bet that the grind of recruiting, etc. would wear a lot of people down. HS in some ways is a better gig. Steve Gwin was a UT coach and moved on and had a lot of success at Springfield.

Ward was most certainly fired from his LB job at Toledo. He was terrible, to put it nicely.