Who becomes the new HC at Perrysburg?

Wonder if he will bring BG's offense to Pburg?
Doubt he brings the offense. Perrysburg won't want the triple option in there with the QB and RB they have coming back. Im sure he will hire a good spread OC. Heard that he would be told that he is not going to get the job if he wants to run the triple.

I know Conner has been on staff at BG since Seeliger took over in 2013, and has done a really nice job. Don't know anything beyond that.

Conner has 16 years of coaching experience. 8 as asst. at Boonville HS (Indiana), and 8 at BGHS with 6 of those as HC (36-26 record, 4 playoff app.),
and 1 as DC.

Besides Central, PBurg is the best job around. Why wouldn’t he apply for it?
Not to mention private school pay is garbage. Every whiny public school teacher in the region needs to spend a year or two at a private school.

I would argue that Pburg is the best job around.

I'm disappointed that Perrysburg did not go outside of the region and find a proven D1/DII HC but I do wish Conner the best of luck.

If Connor does become the guy, that leaves the door open at BG. If Chipka becomes the guy, obviously leaves the door open at SFS. Those two jobs would attract some people. Although, you have to know that if you take the job at SFS, you aren't beating Dempsey anytime soon.

If Connor does become the guy, that leaves the door open at BG. If Chipka becomes the guy, obviously leaves the door open at SFS. Those two jobs would attract some people. Although, you have to know that if you take the job at SFS, you aren't beating Dempsey anytime soon.

Per Chipka, the time is next year. CCHS has no proven RB or experienced QB.

With all due respect, what has Coach Chipka accomplished that has warranted him being mentioned for every single job that opens? I get tired about hearing "next year is their year" every season with the Knights. Stop talking, just go out on the field and do it! Maybe us alumni wouldn't be as annoyed by the constant comparisons to the folks on Cherry St. if there was actions on the field to back it up.

I would also disagree that Perrysburg is the 2nd best job in NWO. I would put Central Catholic, Whitmer (yes I know they had a down year), the Johnnies, then Perrysburg/Anthony Wayne then St. Francis. Thats just my 2 cents which don't count for much!

It seems like Perrysburg moved awful fast on this search. If they really had 49 applicants and widdled that down to 10 then 4, you would think it would take longer than 2-3 weeks? I know of an assistant coach from BGSU, one from Ohio Northern, a highly successful retired head coach, and coordinators from a few successful programs in Lucas and Wood county that didn't even get an interview. Maybe Perrysburg had their eyes on someone from the beginning? Maybe Brungard isn't out of the mix as much as we thought?

I would also disagree that Perrysburg is the 2nd best job in NWO. I would put Central Catholic, Whitmer (yes I know they had a down year), the Johnnies, then Perrysburg/Anthony Wayne then St. Francis. Thats just my 2 cents which don't count for much!

I think it has more to do with trajectories. SJJ has had multiple high recruits and not been able to make progress in play-offs. PBurg and AW have with less. PBurg is DI and that's still king.

BG JV were pretty horrible this year. I think this was a special class and wouldn’t expect them to be nearly as good coming up.