What the Hell is going on!

It could be argued that migrants love America so much that they're willing to break laws (and, in many cases, risk their lives) to come here and make a new start.

In other words, pretty similar to the original immigrants to America.
It has always been this way. Generations upon generations arguing about an influx of "new" immigrants who are coming here with weird customs and funny languages. It has been used as a scare tactic for 200+ years.

It has always been this way. Generations upon generations arguing about an influx of "new" immigrants who are coming here with weird customs and funny languages. It has been used as a scare tactic for 200+ years.
How old are you? I have lived on this earth for 78 years and until Obama I really had heard little about illegals coming across the border. I heard about drugs crossing but little about people. I am sure there we some but not like today. It has to stop and if that means protecting our border with force so be it. There has been a way to immigrate to this country legally long before I was born so let the people wanting to come use the legal system only.

6 months to a year? These people are getting hearings in 5 to 10 years. and most don't show up anyway, why would you you've already made it. Why show up to possibly get deported?
It’s 6 months to a year to apply for the green card hearing … this is what should want … them working legally and paying taxes as the wait for their hearing … but we have made it so difficult to do now … that’s why they are not showing up

How old are you? I have lived on this earth for 78 years and until Obama I really had heard little about illegals coming across the border. I heard about drugs crossing but little about people. I am sure there we some but not like today. It has to stop and if that means protecting our border with force so be it. There has been a way to immigrate to this country legally long before I was born so let the people wanting to come use the legal system only.
Unreal . On Obama’s watch border crossings were at a 50 year low and he was actually called the “. Deporter in chief”. Are you saying people didn’t cross the border until the bad brown man came into office ? Or that you just never knew ? Either way ? Yikes

I could also argue that they were told that now that Biden is President, they can come here illegally, and get free health care, welfare, and schooling.

Hey, that turned out to be true!

Which is why early in Biden's presidency, they were wearing Biden T shirts.

The original immigrants to America were not given handouts. They were also literate in their native languages,
and eager to learn English.

Many of those coming here now cannot even read or write in their native languages.
Many of those graduating from inner city schools cannot read or write in their native languages.

It could be argued that migrants love America so much that they're willing to break laws (and, in many cases, risk their lives) to come here and make a new start.

In other words, pretty similar to the original immigrants to America.

So, their law breaking is admirable. That's a unique take!

And no, it's nothing similar to the "original immigrants." That's a ridiculous take.

lmao

They pay more into the system than they suck. That is a fact. Who told you schools, and hospitals are only for citizens? MAGA Dumb.
he did not say schools and hospitals are only for citizens he is pointing out they are not paying for them when being used. Even as a democrat I can realize that.

I could also argue that they were told that now that Biden is President, they can come here illegally, and get free health care, welfare, and schooling.

Hey, that turned out to be true!

Which is why early in Biden's presidency, they were wearing Biden T shirts.

The original immigrants to America were not given handouts. They were also literate in their native languages,
and eager to learn English.

Many of those coming here now cannot even read or write in their native languages.
The below link seems fairly descriptive of your point with illegals wearing Biden T-Shirts, as debated by another poster. I picked this BBC article, out of many, since they are center but with a slight left view. I will caveat this considering the clean, white appearance of the shirt and in what manner it was given to the pictured individual. I try to keep an open mind and this could go one of two ways. Liberal pleas to the administration for asylum or a Conservative callout to the administration's failure to secure the border. No matter how the individual is pictured it seems apparent to me the shirt was given to him within ear shot of the border. How he got it and who gave it to him is not known to me but the fact remains, what you stated is FACT.

Last edited:
Many of those graduating from inner city schools cannot read or write in English when than is their native language.
I apologize but I will have to push back a bit on your statement. I believe less than 30 states have adopted English as their "official" language. Being from Texas, I know this comes up on a ballot from time to time and each time English is voted down, thus Texas does not have a "native" or "official" language. I am/was a case of an American assimilating to the culture and language of a state that is majority Hispanic. Right or wrong, not for me to judge but if I, as an English speaking American, can do it, the immigrants can do it as well.

However, I understand the point you are trying to make.

Lol, no, your "news" got you all worked up about it during Obama's presidency. Keep in mind Reagan signed the immigration reform bill that gave anyone coming over the border amnesty in 1982.

BUT I was talking about the general nativism vs. immigration beyond just the Mexican border.

Unreal . On Obama’s watch border crossings were at a 50 year low and he was actually called the “. Deporter in chief”. Are you saying people didn’t cross the border until the bad brown man came into office ? Or that you just never knew ? Either way ? Yikes
What you are stating may be smoke in mirrors, article below. Obama, Trump and Biden have all failed individually but put together there could be a basis of policy moving forward. I may add the "cages" and separation of mother and child at the border detection facilities were established, yet the orange man, was impugned.

President of the U.S.A. Proclamation, what we know as an Executive Order that was signed by Biden on his first day in office.
"Like every nation, the United States has a right and a duty to secure its borders and protect its people against threats. But building a massive wall that spans the entire southern border is not a serious policy solution. It is a waste of money that diverts attention from genuine threats to our homeland security. My Administration is committed to ensuring that the United States has a comprehensive and humane immigration system that operates consistently with our Nation’s values. In furtherance of that commitment, I have determined that the declaration of a national emergency at our southern border in Proclamation 9844 of February 15, 2019 (Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States), was unwarranted. It shall be the policy of my Administration that no more American taxpayer dollars be diverted to construct a border wall. I am also directing a careful review of all resources appropriated or redirected to construct a southern border wall."

Federal Register 5 Oct 2023: "Therefore, I must use my authority under section 102 of IIRIRA to install additional physical barriers and roads in the Rio Grande Valley Sector. Therefore, DHS will take immediate action to construct barriers and roads. Construction will be funded by a fiscal year 2019 appropriation through which Congress appropriated funds for the construction border barrier in the Rio Grande Valley, and DHS is required to use those funds for their appropriated purpose. This project is consistent with DHS’s plan to fulfill the requirements of President Biden’s Proclamation (Proclamation No. 10142, 86 Fed. Reg. 7225 (Jan. 20, 2021)), which ended the diversion of funds for border wall from military projects or other sources while calling for the expenditure of any funds Congress appropriated for barrier construction consistent with their appropriated purpose. The areas in the vicinity of the border within which such construction will occur are more specifically described in Section 2 below. Such areas are not located within any of the areas identified in section 231 of title II of division A of the Fiscal Year 2019 DHS Appropriations Act. See Pub. L. 116-6, Div. A, Title II, sec. 231".

What changed? in your words, YIKES!

Lol, no, your "news" got you all worked up about it during Obama's presidency. Keep in mind Reagan signed the immigration reform bill that gave anyone coming over the border amnesty in 1982.

BUT I was talking about the general nativism vs. immigration beyond just the Mexican border.
That is true. Though he signed the law into effect/affect (I can't keep them straight), in 1986, under an Amnesty clause of those entering into the US, 1982 and prior. I have read several books about Regan and IMO, he saw the growing immigration, both legal and illegal as an action the US would need to undertake in the future. Essentially, he kicked the can down the road but now we are under the thought of Reganism that all immigrants crossing into the US, illegally, should be given amnesty, without cause. The Democrats use Amnesty as weaponization in the current state of affairs against the Republicans and probably for good reason.

In today's political spectrum neither JFK or Regan would be recognizable within their own party.

They pay more into the system than they suck. That is a fact. Who told you schools, and hospitals are only for citizens? MAGA Dumb.
You honestly cannot believe that....you're joking? Right? Please, tell me your statement was a joke.

In the most simplistic way to explain things and as a VERY broad perspective. The next time you see someone on the side of the road holding up a sign begging for money. You invite that person into your house, provide them with a bed and room, feed them, clothe them, take them to the doctor, dentist and give them a living wage of 0.1%, weekly, of your annual salary to do nothing more than sit on your couch while not asking or wanting anything in return. Then get back to me that they have not sucked anything out of your life. Dude, that is what we are dealing with here.....WAKE UP!!!

I knew it was happening but it was not headline news until Obama wanted to give amnesty to how many illegals? Now it is headline news and if you look at the numbers you can see the job Trump did and then look and Joe's numbers. In spite of Joe and the gang saying the border's closed the numbers say different. Joe if you have any hope of my vote as a new Democrat you really need to get this fix now just like you have gotten that nasty inflation number down. Good job playing with the numbers. Now do that with the border numbers.

You honestly cannot believe that....you're joking? Right? Please, tell me your statement was a joke.

In the most simplistic way to explain things and as a VERY broad perspective. The next time you see someone on the side of the road holding up a sign begging for money. You invite that person into your house, provide them with a bed and room, feed them, clothe them, take them to the doctor, dentist and give them a living wage of 0.1%, weekly, of your annual salary to do nothing more than sit on your couch while not asking or wanting anything in return. Then get back to me that they have not sucked anything out of your life. Dude, that is what we are dealing with here.....WAKE UP!!!
The vast majority of them are willing to work … if given the opportunity … my bother-in-law owns a construction company in the south … he has told me numerous times that his best workers(laber) are the legal migrants … they show up everyday, do what they are told, and are happy to be working and getting paid … the problem is we made it difficult for them to legally work.

The vast majority of them are willing to work … if given the opportunity … my bother-in-law owns a construction company in the south … he has told me numerous times that his best workers(laber) are the legal migrants … they show up everyday, do what they are told, and are happy to be working and getting paid … the problem is we made it difficult for them to legally work.
One place you say legal migrants and them you imply that it is difficult for them to legally work. I have never heard that it was hard for legal migrants to be able to work legally. Did I not not read between the lines enough?

Dude, I am not arguing immigrants that come into this country legally and are offered work and benefits for their labor but it is the illegal immigration that is the problem. You said it in your post and is somewhat contradictory, as highlighted. A legal immigrant working will pay their due taxes as any American working in this system but those that are illegal are under the table, cash on the barrel head, no taxes, etc.

I have ZERO problem of a unnaturalized American, legal immigrant, working under a legal visa that pays their taxes and collects their dues but the illegal immigrant trying to do the same is not only ILLEGAL but a slap in the face to all tax paying Americans and those immigrants that have done things the correct way under the laws of this Nation...just ask one.

It also must be a slap in the face to the Unions to have illegals occupying jobs without paying dues while receiving compensatory benefits...Is that even allowed under the MOB rules of the UNION?

Your argument and justification has no merit.

Last edited:
he did not say schools and hospitals are only for citizens he is pointing out they are not paying for them when being used. Even as a democrat I can realize that.
Yes they are. Immigrants work and pay taxes. Duh.

I knew it was happening but it was not headline news until Obama wanted to give amnesty to how many illegals? Now it is headline news and if you look at the numbers you can see the job Trump did and then look and Joe's numbers. In spite of Joe and the gang saying the border's closed the numbers say different. Joe if you have any hope of my vote as a new Democrat you really need to get this fix now just like you have gotten that nasty inflation number down. Good job playing with the numbers. Now do that with the border numbers.
This just shows your ignorance. Obama was tougher on immigration than any president in the last 30 years. You have no idea what you are talking about.

One place you say legal migrants and them you imply that it is difficult for them to legally work. I have never heard that it was hard for legal migrants to be able to work legally. Did I not not read between the lines enough?
Asylum seekers need to wait 6 months to apply for a work permit. Once they obtain it, they are working.

Asylum seekers need to wait 6 months to apply for a work permit. Once they obtain it, they are working.

Based on the USCIS, what you state is true; however, there are caveats which you failed to mention in this process. Do you pick and choose as to fit your narrative? Maybe you need to understand what Asylum is before you jump into a realm of something that is beyond your ken.

Under the Obama and Trump administrations the defensive asylum grants were lower than under the Biden administration. Why?

This just shows your ignorance. Obama was tougher on immigration than any president in the last 30 years. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Yet if a Republican tries to do what you tell me Obama did who is throwing up the road blocks and screaming at the top of their lungs to get deporting of those poor souls stopped?

Based on the USCIS, what you state is true; however, there are caveats which you failed to mention in this process. Do you pick and choose as to fit your narrative? Maybe you need to understand what Asylum is before you jump into a realm of something that is beyond your ken.
I simply answered a question about the process to obtain a work permit. There is no narrative. If you want to talk about caveats, make your point. What are they and who do they apply to?
Under the Obama and Trump administrations the defensive asylum grants were lower than under the Biden administration. Why?
They were lower with the exception of Biden’s first year which was the lowest in 20 years. If you want to talk about picking and choosing to fit a narrative, you need to look in the mirror. The rise in defensive asylum did not occur under Biden, it rose dramatically every year of the Trump presidency until the pandemic. You fraudulently tried to give Trump credit for Obama’s reduction in asylum claims. The dramatic rise began with Trump.

MAGAs going to lie.

I simply answered a question about the process to obtain a work permit. There is no narrative. If you want to talk about caveats, make your point. What are they and who do they apply to?

They were lower with the exception of Biden’s first year which was the lowest in 20 years. If you want to talk about picking and choosing to fit a narrative, you need to look in the mirror. The rise in defensive asylum did not occur under Biden, it rose dramatically every year of the Trump presidency until the pandemic. You fraudulently tried to give Trump credit for Obama’s reduction in asylum claims. The dramatic rise began with Trump.

MAGAs going to lie.
You fail to see the log in your own eye. I am neither Rep or Dem. I give credit where credit is due and none of that rests upon this administration. If you would have paid attention, I did state under Obama the defensive asylums were lower than now. Now if you want to talk about Prez Biden first years, Title 42 was still in effect until such time as he suspended and thus the defensive asylums would have increased, as expected. Hell Dude, read the Federal Registers and US Codes and not the news.

That is true. Though he signed the law into effect/affect (I can't keep them straight), in 1986, under an Amnesty clause of those entering into the US, 1982 and prior. I have read several books about Regan and IMO, he saw the growing immigration, both legal and illegal as an action the US would need to undertake in the future. Essentially, he kicked the can down the road but now we are under the thought of Reganism that all immigrants crossing into the US, illegally, should be given amnesty, without cause. The Democrats use Amnesty as weaponization in the current state of affairs against the Republicans and probably for good reason.

In today's political spectrum neither JFK or Regan would be recognizable within their own party.
Some truth here due to polarization. I want LEGAL immigration as much as the next guy. Process these folks and put them to work. There are countless companies that will take them. Mine included.

He was widely criticized for his tough on immigration stance.

Though you may label me as MAGA, you could not be further from the truth... I have provided non partisan references and opinions as I see them based on research, beyond MSM. If that makes me a MAGA, well, there seems to be a issue and maybe orange man bad wasn't that bad, just my take. Look at the national perspective, get out and talk to people. Yes it can be civil and many times humorous, visit other parts of the Nation, the border, talk to those immigrating within the laws of our country and you may find they are more conservative in that approach than you think. I have served in Central and South American, Africa, Middle East and have had genuine conversations about their issues, etc. These are parts of my opinion as I may not projected so eloquently.

I do not know how the 2024 election will pan out but rest assured my vote will be for who I think is best for our Nation going forward and NOT by party. However, the left (far left) talking points and anger in which they try to make points will do more harm than good to elect a Democrat in the next term. You do not have to convince a Democrat to vote Democrat, you have to convince the Independent and middle Republican to vote Democrat and right now, that is a failure...remember the deplorable comment? It is being repeated with a lot more words and smart people will not forget.

I am still awaiting the nation of unity and the most transparent administration under this President's promise.

Dude, I am not arguing immigrants that come into this country legally and are offered work and benefits for their labor but it is the illegal immigration that is the problem. You said it in your post and is somewhat contradictory, as highlighted. A legal immigrant working will pay their due taxes as any American working in this system but those that are illegal are under the table, cash on the barrel head, no taxes, etc.

I have ZERO problem of a unnaturalized American, legal immigrant, working under a legal visa that pays their taxes and collects their dues but the illegal immigrant trying to do the same is not only ILLEGAL but a slap in the face to all tax paying Americans and those immigrants that have done things the correct way under the laws of this Nation...just ask one.

It also must be a slap in the face to the Unions to have illegals occupying jobs without paying dues while receiving compensatory benefits...Is that even allowed under the MOB rules of the UNION?

Your argument and justification has no merit.
I don’t disagree … I just think many on here thinks the huge numbers of immigrants are coming in illegally … they are not … if they were coming in illegally … would they be in huge groups waiting in long lines at the border … you don’t wait in lines or camp out at the border … to sneak in illegally … my problem is that the ones that are going through the correct process are having to wait a long time (6 months to a year or more) to work legally in this country … IMO if they are coming in legally … let them work.

Last edited: