What stadiums are getting turf this summer?

In addition to turf at Rayen, I believe practice fields at both East and Chaney are being installed. Not sure if that is happening this year or not.

SWBL Stadiums

***CORRECTION*** Best small school stadium in OHIO

For a small school league The SWBL Southwestern Division has some great Stadiums . Monroe,Franklin,Bellbrook,Eaton and Valley View all have nice stadiums with turf and plenty of seating . The other 2 schools, Oakwood and Brookville have nice stadiums but no turf.

If this is what EagleFan has pulled up through arbiter, the dates are notoriously wrong because he uses the Friday for that week unless he knows for sure the week's game is a different day.
In fairness, I have many sources including the AD's themselves.
And all have been wrong at times.

Game dates change right up to the week of the games and old schedules/posts/websites often don't get the updates.

Road warriors like Sykotyk and LCF know to verify and re-verify. Some schools have significant media coverage and social media presence. Some have virtually none. Impossible to be 100%.

For a small school league The SWBL Southwestern Division has some great Stadiums . Monroe,Franklin,Bellbrook,Eaton and Valley View all have nice stadiums with turf and plenty of seating . The other 2 schools, Oakwood and Brookville have nice stadiums but no turf.

I like Monroe best overall. Great views for a fall evening game, however the Oakwood stadium is just flat out cool. Probably my favorite small school stadium around.

I've never been to that part of the state to watch games. Campbell is one of the few high school stadiums I have been to that has an upper deck. Lower portion is built into a hill. Very nice setting.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1759

absolutely right

I like Monroe best overall. Great views for a fall evening game, however the Oakwood stadium is just flat out cool. Probably my favorite small school stadium around.

You are right on both counts! I heard that Monroe has never been sold out, even with play-off games there. Oakwood ,if you are lucky enough to catch it on a dry Friday night, is a great old Stadium!

In fairness, I have many sources including the AD's themselves.
And all have been wrong at times.

Game dates change right up to the week of the games and old schedules/posts/websites often don't get the updates.

Road warriors like Sykotyk and LCF know to verify and re-verify. Some schools have significant media coverage and social media presence. Some have virtually none. Impossible to be 100%.

Trust me, I've been burned before. Drove to Buffalo once for a Thursday night game that was rescheduled for Saturday afternoon. Before the proliferation of social media. Didn't find out until I got to the stadium.

Now I'll check up until I leave and for ever longer trips will keep checking Twitter for any word on games being rescheduled.

What's annoying is a game that's listed for Friday but really scheduled for Thursday but not publicized so you lose that as a Thursday night option.

I've never been to that part of the state to watch games. Campbell is one of the few high school stadiums I have been to that has an upper deck. Lower portion is built into a hill. Very nice setting.

http://ohiostadiums.com/stadium.php?id=1759

My photo there. Great stadium and the double-decker is so unusual for such a small school. Turf will help but so many turf fields will make playoff games difficult to host given location.

Great stadium

My photo there. Great stadium and the double-decker is so unusual for such a small school. Turf will help but so many turf fields will make playoff games difficult to host given location.

Very nice photo of Knapic. Haven’t been to this new masterpiece.
Only the old stadium. Lots of memories there.

Can’t believe there’s any DVI school with a larger or more impressive stadium.
Only problem I could see is parking. With most being on surface streets.
:clap:

Very nice photo of Knapic. Haven’t been to this new masterpiece.

Only the old stadium. Lots of memories there.

Can’t believe there’s any DVI school with a larger or more impressive stadium.

Only problem I could see is parking. With most being on surface streets.

:clap:

Definitely a nice stadium. Last time I saw they had a decent amount of fans but still didn’t fill their side. (About 40%) was in 2011 against Struthers.
But that’s such a big stadium for such a small town. Odds are it will never be filled unless they start hosting playoff games for bigger teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There are actually 4 parking lots. Plenty of parking. 750 parking spots plus street parking.

Exactly. Plenty of parking. Concession stands and restrooms on home and visitors sides. Handicap accessible. Superb lighting for the field. Roughly 7,000 seats (too many for such a small school), and now turf is going to be laid down.

And apparently are talking with Ursuline about playing home games there.

Would be nice for both of them to get out of that cavern at YSU.

In all the games I've been to over the years there watching both play I can remember a small handful of games with any kind of atmosphere. One was when Mentor came to play Mooney in 2007, another was Massillon playing at Ursuline with Danny Clark at QB and a couple holy wars.

Mostly though it stinks.

What schools will be installing turf this summer?

I'll kick it off by sharing that Campbell Memorial will be getting turf in Youngstown

Also Rayen Stadium, which is shared by both Chaney and East, will be getting turf this summer.

Wellsville High School is getting new turf this year

Barberton’s turf getting laid down.

40986d5de3aab975fbccbfebfb210b02.jpg

c2412e0140d8477a7217fca3b1664220.jpg

83ddc7a091e8282c743a2daa63e93ae5.jpg

d36ea1ed1fc53f7b43c641d615d1ca5f.jpg

Len Dawson Field, adjacent to Alliance High School will be getting turf as part of a $1.8 million upgrade. Also included is a new 8-lane track and lighting. The Aviators currently play their home games at Mount Union. New bleachers and locker room proved a little too costly so until some significant private donations can be raised, expect Alliance to continue to play at Mount.

https://www.cantonrep.com/news/20190405/len-dawson-field-to-get-artificial-turf-lights-and-new-track

Why spend 1.8 million when you have Mount Union? Seems like a waste of money that will cause problems passing operation levies.

Someone mentioned Conotton Valley and that turf project is in progress now,but they are also building an 18 million dollar fitness/wellness facility in addition to lights for the baseball and softball fields that were built 1 year ago.

Why spend 1.8 million when you have Mount Union? Seems like a waste of money that will cause problems passing operation levies.

I don't know if Alliance wishes to host track competitions during the course of its season, but if they do, that would seem to be a necessary renovation. I know they have boys and girls soccer in the fall that could use that facility, sub-varsity football as well ... if they have lacrosse of either gender, they would probably use it too.

Brookville is putting Turf in , tor ado damage may put that behind for the season opener

Another new artificial playing surface is being installed at PAUL BROWN TIGER STADIUM in Massillon.