What Movies Did You Watch in November 2023?

Shazam: Fury of the Gods - 4.5/8

Some of DC’s recent movies have failed to land with audiences, I think because they feel like movies geared towards kids. This definitely felt that way. It felt a lot more “Spy Kids” than “Man of Steel”.

Available on both Max and Prime Video.

Last edited:
Please Don’t Destroy: The Legend of Foggy Mountain - 5/8

The third act is a little messy, but still one of the better comedies of the year. A similar story to 2004’s Without a Paddle, but not as good. Still, a good showing for the group’s first movie.

Available on Peacock.

Last edited:
Please Don’t Destroy: The Legend if Foggy Mountain - 5/8

The third act is a little messy, but still one of the better comedies of the year. A similar story to 2004’s Without a Paddle, but not as good. Still, a good showing for the group’s first movie.

Available on Peacock.

Was curious about this. These guys are about the only saving grace on SNL these days.

OLD DADS 2023. (5.5/8)

3 middle aged men navigating life, marriage, work and fatherhood in an environment that favors youth and political correctness. Starring Bill Burr, Bobby Carnivale and Bokeem Woodbine.

‘No Hard Feelings’ (5/8)

Not the greatest movie of all time but is fairly enjoyable. Kind of a throwback to the raunchy teen movies from the 80s.
I never watched the Hunger Game franchise so I was unfamiliar w/ Jennifer Lawrence. But I thought she did a great job and had me laughing the majority of the movie

Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes - 5/8

Not as good as I hoped it would be, but still pretty good. I haven’t finished the book, but I see why some people say it could/should have been two movies. There is a huge tonal shift just after the halfway point of the movie.

I’ve heard some say that the third act cut quite a bit from the book but my daughter also says the movie stays pretty true to the book. 🤷‍♂️

I would have liked to have seen them flesh
out some plot points more to make two 100 minute movies rather than one 140 minute movie. Granted, I say that not knowing everything that is in the book.

Currently in theaters.

The Longest Week: 3.75/8

I’m always up for anything that Jason Bateman is in, but I didn’t quite get what they were going for here.

Currently on Peacock.

Thanksgiving (2023) - 7/10

I personally have always loved slasher whodunnit movies. This one was solid and another good movie made by Eli Roth.

The In-Laws (1979) ... 5.0/8

I like Peter Falk and Alan Arkin but the comedy at times was over the top and not my cup of tea. Loved the old Impala cab in the movie I wonder if it survived and someone still has it......

Arnold's Christmas

This is cheating as this is not a movie. This is S1E20 of the 90s cartoon "Hey Arnold". IMO, this is the best Christmas episode/special to ever air. Take your Rudolph and Peanuts deal and shove it. Season one of a kids show and they have the balls to tie the Fall of Saigon in with Christmas. An outstanding lesson in selflessness and everything Christmas should be about. Available on Paramount+

8/8

"You'll Find Out" (1940) - 5.0/8

Frightfully fun comedy, with some really good big band music thrown in. Great fun on a dark and foreboding night. The only time Peter Lorre, Bela Lugosi, and Boris Karloff appeared in the same film.

Napoleon (3/8): Had high hopes for this movie considering it involved Ridley Scott and Joaquin Phonenix, but it just didn't do much for me.

It’s not getting great reviews.
I try not to pay too much attention to reviews, just because people have different tastes. I just wanted to be entertained for a few hours. My son made the comment that he wanted "more action and less love story", but you really can't tell the story of Napoleon without having alot of Josephine involved.

Hebi musume to hakuhatsuma (Japan-1968)

Horror/Fantasy: "The Snakegirl and the Silver Haired Witch" ... an orphan girl learns of a mistake that was made and her family has been found but what dark secrets do they hide? This one is more kiddy like adaptation of two Shojo manga horror blended into one.... 3.5/8

Last edited:
Cuando acecha la maldad (Argentina-2023)

Horror: "When Evil Lurks" We are remote in South America where two brother farmers find a horrific murder victim and suspect something demonic is to blame. This one had its moments .... 5.0/8

The Grinch (2018) No, this is not the Jim Carrey version. This is from Illumination studios, the same people who made the Minions and Sing and man... I cannot get into their stuff. This one makes the Grinch too normal; he's able to walk around Whoville and just carries a little bit of a grudge. Most of the movie is filler and an excuse to distract you with a pop song.

3.7/8

Shazam: Fury of the Gods - 4.5/8

Some of DC’s recent movies have failed to land with audiences, I think because they feel like movies geared towards kids. This definitely felt that way. It felt a lot more “Spy Kids” than “Man of Steel”.

Available on both Max and Prime Video.

#RestoreTheSnyderverse

Hebi musume to hakuhatsuma (Japan-1968)

Horror/Fantasy: "The Snakegirl and the Silver Haired Witch" ... an orphan girl learns of a mistake that was made and her family has been found but what dark secrets do they hide? This one is more kiddy like adaptation of two Shojo manga horror blended into one.... 3.5/8
Awesome title:

"The Snakegirl and the Silver Haired Witch"

Paddington: 4.75/8

Based on everything I’ve ever heard about this movie I’m certain it deserves a higher score. I’m just not the target audience here.

Available on Prime Video.

The Midnight Meat Train: 4.5/8

Well that did not end at all the way you’d expect.

Available on Prime Video, Tubi and PlutoTV.

The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)- a weird movie about two friends who find themselves in conflict when one of them decides he no longer wants to be the others friend and the crazy fallout from that decision. The movie was very well received and Colin Farrell won awards along with the screenplay, but I found it damn odd and annoying. 4/8.