What are you watching?

Just finished the new live action Avatar - The Last Air Bender series on Netflix and it was quite good. If you liked the original animated version you will like this one. It's superior to the movie in every way.

The only issue was in episode 7 the producers couldn't resist throwing a little woke, girl power crap in the story. But it wasn't to much and not nearly as intrusive as what you get from Disney in their Star Wars & Marvel stuff.

Finished up a re-watch of Freaks & Geeks, last episode is an all timer. Maybe they could do a sequel where Lindsey becomes a successful programmer in Silicone Valley and plans a weekend with the old gang to see Dead & Company at the Sphere in Las Vegas.

Just finished the new live action Avatar - The Last Air Bender series on Netflix and it was quite good. If you liked the original animated version you will like this one. It's superior to the movie in every way.

The only issue was in episode 7 the producers couldn't resist throwing a little woke, girl power crap in the story. But it wasn't to much and not nearly as intrusive as what you get from Disney in their Star Wars & Marvel stuff.

Don't care for the casting of most of the Fire Nation characters. And really didn't like what they did to Bumi and Roku.

"Behind Her Eyes"

Finished the show in about two weeks. There were 6 episodes. Really like the slow burn of the show. Knew that there was supposed to be a major twist in the finale. Kind of thought it was a little lazy way to wrap up the show. Maybe if I hadn't heard there was a twist, maybe it would have been better. I liked all the main characters except for the leading man. He never really made much sense throughout the show. He was always agitated but never showed why. Rob, Adele, Louise, and Adam were all great characters.

I'm guessing there will be a part 2 at some point and I'll probably watch.

"Resident Alien"

I always like these quirky shows. So far, I'm three episodes in and really enjoy the show. The kid and the alien have stolen the show so far.

Netflix Documentary Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche

Survivors (Ski Patrol, Avalanche Managers, Employees, Residents) recount the days before, during, and after the killer avalanche devastated the resort.

Just watched Napoleon on Apple TV very, very long but I learned some history I wasn’t aware of. 6/10

Shogun on FX has tons of graphic violence and sex. It’s pretty sweet. Almost like a Feudal Japanese version of Game of Thrones.

There seems to be a streaming British invasion of the US. Here are a couple of really good series out there right now:

Sexy Beast (Paramount +): just finished season 1 of this series about London criminals. Excellent in every way with a compelling story.

The Gentlemen (Netflix): I watched the first 2 episodes of this Guy Ritchie series about unusual British crime family's and it's fantastic. It has one of my favorite actors, Giancarlo Esposito, who plays a polite American gangster and steals every scene he's in.

Shogun on FX has tons of graphic violence and sex. It’s pretty sweet. Almost like a Feudal Japanese version of Game of Thrones.
The new Shogun is a spectacular series as good as and maybe better then the original miniseries that I loved. I can't believe they found a guy just as good as Toshiro Mifune to play Lord Toranaga. Production values are first rate and the cast of largely unknown actors (at least to me) is excellent.

I loved this series, but primarily the first season and a half. It's not bad after that, but it does feel like it tapers off a bit. It's well worth binging through.
Peter Farrelly says 2 more seasons. I’d definitely like to see this happen.

I’ve been watching Orange Is The New Black. Never watched it when it first came out but a friend of mine recommended it recently.

The new Shogun is a spectacular series as good as and maybe better than the original miniseries that I loved. I can't believe they found a guy just as good as Toshiro Mifune to play Lord Toranaga. Production values are first rate and the cast of largely unknown actors (at least to me) is excellent.
They don’t skimp on the violence.