What are you watching?

Finished season one of "The Righteous Gemstones". Love Danny McBride so it's that got me started. I'm not sure if this is hybrid comedy/drama? If Danny McBride wasn't in it I don't know if I would've stuck with it.

Dusty Slay: Workin' Man on Netflix. I love comedy and his comedy especially. It's clean but does a great job.

finished The White Queen today. It was good though not something I’d put in the great category.

It was basically bargaining level, Game of Thrones budget wise. Especially the fight scenes that looked like something you would see in an old history channel reenactment.

That said, I can definitely see where Game of Thrones used the historical story as a heavy influence for their show, especially in the first season. There are things that happened in the White Queen, which retells the War of the Roses in 15th century England, that Game of Thrones almost copied verbatim.

Overall, I’m glad I watched it if nothing else for the historical knowledge.

Not thrilled with True Detective season 4 despite the great reviews. Season one had some odd and occult stuff but was still focused on the investigation. I gave up on seasons 2 and 4. This season feels more like an installment in American Horror Story.
It’s ok, I’ll wait until things wrap up before making a full judgement.

Finished season one of "The Righteous Gemstones". Love Danny McBride so it's that got me started. I'm not sure if this is hybrid comedy/drama? If Danny McBride wasn't in it I don't know if I would've stuck with it.

Dusty Slay: Workin' Man on Netflix. I love comedy and his comedy especially. It's clean but does a great job.

no love for these two? I was in tears the first time I saw this scene.

"We Are The World" Documentary.

I planned to watch the first 10 minutes and save it for a later day. Really enjoyed it and just kept watching.

Talked my sister in law into watching it and while the technology and drugs are now dated the characters and writing seem timeless. I look forward to your thoughts.

The first two episodes have been OK. I agree that it feels dated. I’m sure I will get more into it the farther and I get.

What stands out the most is how loaded the cast is with people who are well-known actors now.

I'm a bit behind the times, LOL I just finished "Band of Brothers". This was excellent! The whole series was well done. There was one scene in Episode 4 that reminded me of a story my dad told. He was a tank driver in WWII in Europe and he once told the story about when they drove into a town they liberated, the townspeople stoned a woman to death in the town square. They were ordered not to intervene. The woman was stoned to death because she was a Nazi Sympathizer who slept with the Germans when they had occupied the town.
Speaking of WWII. Does anybody recall a BLATANT misrepresentation of the U.S. war machine's Third Army in the movie PATTON? They used Korean War SHERIDAN TANKS, rather than the SHERMAN pissant tanks, actually used in WWII. The Sherman's were nicknamed RONSON'S for the lighter. Because they lit FIRST time, EVERY time! The United States, in its infinite wisdom, and total disregard for the American fighting man. Decided to use the inferior Sherman, because they were CHEAPER, and many more could be built to go against the mighty Tiger and Panther tanks of Germany. Who knows how many American tank crews were sacrificed, all in the name of saving money. Not unlike today, where the United States sends soldiers, sailors, and marines into harms way, to be mangled. Only to leave it to CIVILIAN groups (Wounded Warriors, et al.) to pick up the pieces.

And I once went to a Thomas Co. Central (Charlie Ward's alma mater) vs Stephens Co. State Championship game, when the batteries in my radio froze up. If Stephens Co. doesn't ring a bell about WWII. Easy Company, 506th, 101st Airborne, trained three miles down the road at Camp Toccoa and Mt. Currahee.

Last edited:
I stumbled across this show a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a binge watcher but I finished 3 seasons in about 1-2 weeks.
Somewhat in the same vein I watched Bookie the week before Loudermilk
My parents have been telling me to watch it.