Western Football Conference 2019

He knew my name, and I didn’t deserve much attention bc I wasn’t any good.

I think Weber passed maybe 5 yrs ago from ALS. Very sad.
If your talking about Jeff, he's fine. I think possibly maybe your thinking about Ryan. Brad and Adam's dad.

The idea that the old WFC conference had coaches that could take teams to undefeated seasons on all three levels is remarkable when you think about and to have 3 teams in the new league mirror it is surprising.

The idea that the old WFC conference had coaches that could take teams to undefeated seasons on all three levels is remarkable when you think about and to have 3 teams in the new league mirror it is surprising.
The reality is Dominic had great athletes, but they also had more boys to choose from back in the day. Visitation is very similar now. I do not want to discredit the coaching, but when you have better players, coaching is easier.

The talent Dominic had year in and year out in the 80's and the first half of the 90's blew everyone else away. And that was saying something because the league as a whole had very good talent at just about every school.

The talent Dominic had year in and year out in the 80's and the first half of the 90's blew everyone else away. And that was saying something because the league as a whole had very good talent at just about every school.

Agree with both of you on that. There is some consistency with the length of time the coaches have been there at Visi sort of like Lourdes coaches. Having good players helps make it easier

Was some very good Coaches in the old WFC. I played for some good Coaches at All levels at St. William. Mr. Jim (Ennie) was Varsity Head Coach. I believe his brother was long time Victory Varsity Head Coach. Dominic had some quality Coaches also at every level. The Coaches at the younger levels at these Parishes Taught us how to get better at playing Football. They truly did develop a good amount of Talent by the time a number of kids reached Varsity (7/8th grade). Never played Football in high school but loved every bit of it all the way through grade school!

Coach Ennie Jim (sr.) is one of the greatest men I know........taught me more about life than anyone ever has.......
He's a good man for sure. Really cared for his players and found a way to make sure they had rides back and forth to practices.

The reality is Dominic had great athletes, but they also had more boys to choose from back in the day. Visitation is very similar now. I do not want to discredit the coaching, but when you have better players, coaching is easier.

It’s fine to reminisce, but things are never going to be that way again. We can’t get caught up on thinking the Feeder talent is going to be enough to compete at a high level.

It’s fine to reminisce, but things are never going to be that way again. We can’t get caught up on thinking the Feeder talent is going to be enough to compete at a high level.
Not sure who said it was or why you quoted my comment with your statement? No reason to take this thread in the same direction every other one eventually goes in. You and I are on the same page. They have to do better at attracting feeder and non feeder students of all shapes sizes and colors.

Last edited:
Not sure who said it was or why you quoted my comment with your statement? No reason to take this thread in the same direction every other one eventually goes in. You and I are on the same page. They have to do better at attracting feeder or non feeder students of all shapes sizes and colors.
I think the thread was going in the wrong direction, too much talk about the past. Those old grade school rivalries are meaningless now.

I think the thread was going in the wrong direction, too much talk about the past. Those old grade school rivalries are meaningless now.

Let’s talk about the WFC then in its current state. Well half the schools don’t have enough kids to field a team. Visi went undefeated in all 3 levels this year. Is Tommy Touchdown going to X or Elder? What’s left to talk about now?

Let’s talk about the WFC then in its current state. Well half the schools don’t have enough kids to field a team. Visi went undefeated in all 3 levels this year. Is Tommy Touchdown going to X or Elder? What’s left to talk about now?

Any kids from outside the feeders going to Elder? I’ve heard about Dawson’s Brother, but I don’t know who he plays for.

Some people on here can get too nostalgic and forget that era of WAC football is over. Grade school affiliation really doesn’t matter, the days of bragging about going undefeated in grade school should be over. Being at Elder is all that matters, that should be the unifier.

Any kids from outside the feeders going to Elder? I’ve heard about Dawson’s Brother, but I don’t know who he plays for.

Some people on here can get too nostalgic and forget that era of WAC football is over. Grade school affiliation really doesn’t matter, the days of bragging about going undefeated in grade school should be over. Being at Elder is all that matters, that should be the unifier.

I’m not into basically stalking teenage boys, so no clue if Tommy TD for white oak middle is going to Elder. Have to admit I’m kind of shocked that you don’t know. Being at Elder is all that matters,to you. Most on here have a realistic view involving Non Feeder Kids and Elder. It’s blatantly obvious that you do not. To many concussions being a Tackling dummy at Dominic?

What about the kids from IHM? Weber? Dugan? I've heard they are interested?

I’m not into basically stalking teenage boys, so no clue if Tommy TD for white oak middle is going to Elder. Have to admit I’m kind of shocked that you don’t know. Being at Elder is all that matters,to you. Most on here have a realistic view involving Non Feeder Kids and Elder. It’s blatantly obvious that you do not. To many concussions being a Tackling dummy at Dominic?
What’s realistic and what’s being achieved are two different things. It’s not realistic thinking 10 non feeders will show up and be big time players. It is realistic thinking 1-3 will be. There’s been a few yrs, where Elder was only a few athletes on Defense away from being a legit contender for a State Title. And being a contender is not the same as winning a title, don’t put those words in my mouth.

Last edited:
One thing that does mildly concern me is the Colerain Levy. If that fails and all athletics are cut, LS, X, the open enrollment HS will have a major boost to their talent pool. I guess in theory, Elder could benefit, but I doubt it.

All that said, this seems like a scare tactic to me. I can’t envision Colerain eliminating the one thing that identifies the school.

What’s realistic and what’s being achieved are two different things. It’s not realistic thinking 10 non feeders will show up and be big time players. It is realistic thinking 1-3 will be. There’s been a few yrs, where Elder was only a few athletes on Defense away from being a legit contender for a State Title. And being a contender is not the same as winning a title, don’t put those words in my mouth.

Blah blah blah, the Non Feeders aren’t coming (least not as many as you want,if any at all). Elder Football is not everything to these people! You simply can’t grasp that!

Keep PBOY BANNED and OSP is a LIAR!!!

Blah blah blah, the Non Feeders aren’t coming (least not as many as you want,if any at all). Elder Football is not everything to these people! You simply can’t grasp that!

Keep PBOY BANNED and OSP is a LIAR!!!

They’ve had a few classes with multiple non feeders who were impact players. The fact is, nobody really knows until the kids show up for Frosh Football. I’m hoping in the vast Yappi universe there’s one person that might be able to clue us in on this topic. I’d rather talk about the future than dwell on the past that’s never coming back.

The question that also has to be raised is why the big drop off from freshman to reserve football. I get that kids move on from the sport usually, but the mass exit's we had this year wasn't good for Elder. Anyone, Anyone?

Weber is a tossup, from what I heard.
Some family's are looking for something different or special for their oldest or only kids and its pretty common this day and age. I'm sure this situation is not different. Good luck to both of them and agree Dugan seems to be locked in.

They’ve had a few classes with multiple non feeders who were impact players. The fact is, nobody really knows until the kids show up for Frosh Football. I’m hoping in the vast Yappi universe there’s one person that might be able to clue us in on this topic. I’d rather talk about the future than dwell on the past that’s never coming back.

Correct,nobody knows until they show up! Hard to talk a whole lot about the unknown. The east side Catholic kids legacy kids? If so, I don’t really consider those Non Feeder
The question that also has to be raised is why the big drop off from freshman to reserve football. I get that kids move on from the sport usually, but the mass exit's we had this year wasn't good for Elder. Anyone, Anyone?

Keeping the kids currently involved in the program is not important, just getting more Non Feeders and Minority’s?. Oh and more minority Coaches. I’m sure the list of minority’s looking to Coach at Elder is extremely long, may even have a wait list?

22 spots, 55 kids.

Probably 5 are just on the team to make friends and keep busy (which is fine). 20-25 in the middle have a legit shot of being a varsity contributor if they work hard and stick with it over 3-4 years. Problem is, those 20-25 don't get nearly the playing time as 1-22, so they're left with a choice. If those 20-25 feel like they'll get an opportunity, they'll likely stick around. If they were players who were ignored and didn't play, they'll likely quit.

The more you engage those middle kids, the more numbers you'll have. Pretty simple.

That wasn’t good. Hopefully, it was an anomaly. I guess the bright side is attrition from JV to Varsity should be very low, and it’s not like this class doesn’t have talent. I said it before, I’d rather have the 25 kids in this class than the 35-40 from the class of 2015.

Last edited:
That wasn’t good. Hopefully, it was an anomaly. I guess the bright side is attrition from JV to Varsity should be very low, and it’s not like this class doesn’t have talent. I said it before, I’d rather have the 25 kids in this class than the 35-40 from the class of 2015.
Thats very true.