Western Football Conference 2019

Gives you a lot of hope things will change. I guess the football numbers will continue to tank because parents don't want their kids involved with this crap.
How do you propose to make it better? Seriously whats your plan? They will continue to tank and more teams will merge

Big Silly is really sick. Will talk about a 1st Grader and safety but wouldn’t discuss with the adults of the Team he thinks is involved. Gutless and Pathetic!!

Anyone who truly feels a first graders/kindergarten safety may be at risk doing anything should say something to someone in charge. Don’t have to be an a** Clown about it, but should be done. Instead this guy comes on Yappi and calls out a kid and complains,WTF!!!

Last edited:
I would assume the league rules are all the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe the football and baseball rules are different. Here's what the WBC basketball rule says from their website.

a. 3rd Grade: A player is eligible to play at the 3rd grade level provided he is in the 3rd grade or lower and he will not become 10 years of age before August 1st.

A kid born right before that August deadline (the oldest eligible kid) could absolutely be close to 2 years older than the youngest eligible kid IN THE SAME GRADE. 100%.

Almost 2 FULL YEARS - and you don't think that's a problem? Talk about gutless and pathetic.

Last edited:
With so many of you fine/rational people out there, who wouldn't want to go approach a team you aren't even playing about this topic?

95% of them are like this. I call it the westside flu.

You questioning their tactics is a threat. Once they get threatened, all rational thought goes out the window and the purple mob attacks to quell the threat.

Jimmy and Johnny Elder MUST play for Elder!!!!! It's a nameright and birthright.

No comment on Mad Dogg telling OSP his kid sucked? Is that just because he is on your side? Very noble of you going after me who asserts a kid is too large to be playing with kindergartners... which affects more than just that kid. Will anyone in their right mind blame that kid for anything here? Heck no. Coaches, the league or parents? That's another story.

The history behind that is the everyone thinks I question all of this craziness because my "kid" (I don't have any) got cut and I have sour grapes. Not because it's real and obvious.

It's a special group, in more ways than one.

It's probably best we (and 1-2 rational others) just disappear, but some of their assertions and denials are so head scratching, I can't help myself but to insert my opinion.

I would assume the league rules are all the same. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe the football and baseball rules are different. Here's what the WBC basketball rule says from their website.

a. 3rd Grade: A player is eligible to play at the 3rd grade level provided he is in the 3rd grade or lower and he will not become 10 years of age before August 1st.

A kid born right before that August deadline (the oldest eligible kid) could absolutely be close to 2 years older than the youngest eligible kid IN THE SAME GRADE. 100%.

Almost 2 FULL YEARS - and you don't think that's a problem? Talk about gutless and pathetic.
There wouldn’t be kids just turning 8 in August of their 3rd grade year. If so, that’s rare. That’s the extreme in the opposite direction.

There wouldn’t be kids just turning 8 in August of their 3rd grade year. If so, that’s rare. That’s the extreme in the opposite direction.

But possible - and has happened. And if not 23 months, 12-18 months happens ALL THE TIME, just as I said.

I guess it's just me throwing out things that are untrue again. What a joke.

Biggest b*llsh*tter on here.

The WBC has always allowed basically a kid to flunk a grade and play with the new grade. So again, 12-18 months older in that scenario. Not 24.

The WBC has always allowed basically a kid to flunk a grade and play with the new grade. So again, 12-18 months older in that scenario. Not 24.

Because having kids dominate other kids 12-18 months younger is cool, especially in grade school, where 12-18 months is an eternity.

How about we change it to 4-6 months, and then we'll get a real barometer of the kids that are actually studs.

If a kid flunks a grade or is held back because of a summer birthday, he can play sports at the appropriate age level.

Well for one, I don't know what the weight limit is for k-1 but that would be a good start. Limiting them to certain position so they can't blow up every play, throw little safety's around etc.
Here is what is in the rule or recommendation to protect little johnny online-
Mismatches  If there is a mismatch on the line of scrimmage, the offense can ask the defense to move a player. o Example: Left defensive tackle is very aggressive and weighs 95 lbs. The right offensive tackle is not very aggressive and weighs about 60 lbs.

What else you got SIllyboy?

Because having kids dominate other kids 12-18 months younger is cool, especially in grade school, where 12-18 months is an eternity.

How about we change it to 4-6 months, and then we'll get a real barometer of the kids that are actually studs.

If a kid flunks a grade or is held back because of a summer birthday, he can play sports at the appropriate age level.
6 months would definitely make sense......but it’s not the 18-24 months you were basing your bashing on.

You are using the rare extreme of both sides of the birthdays to prove your point. Not reality.

12-18 months is absolutely a reality. It happens every year in every sport. Every one of these dominant westside teams over the past few years have had multiple kids at least a year older.

12-18 months is a HUGE advantage for a grade school kid. That starts to even out in early high school, and doesn't mean much at all when you reach varsity.

Not in baseball, and they all played baseball together in the summer. 10u,11u,12u etc. Every year requires a birth certificate to prove your under 10, under 11, under 12. Of course people get defensive when they are accused of holding their kids back for sports and it's not true. At some point you just have to let it go, your boy just wasn't an athlete and it's ok. Several of mine weren't

Not in baseball, and they all played baseball together in the summer. 10u,11u,12u etc. Every year requires a birth certificate to prove your under 10, under 11, under 12. Of course people get defensive when they are accused of holding their kids back for sports and it's not true. At some point you just have to let it go, your boy just wasn't an athlete and it's ok. Several of mine weren't

Again, I never once said they did anything wrong.

I just said there's a tremendous advantage to being 12-18 months older in grade school competition, and that perception of being so dominant carries over alot of times into high school, when in fact, they were so good because they were significantly older. It's a perfectly logical explanation.

Some kids continue that dominance, most revert back to the pack, so let's hold off on the Heisman talk until at least junior year.

You claim to have no kids yet you somehow know how old grade school kids are every year? The energy you put into bashing kids is unbelievable.

I have friends with kids around this age. I've heard it all from them.

You can bash me all you want to try to discredit me - but what I'm saying isn't out of left field.

I can't help it if you feel the need to go on the defensive when these issues are brought up.

Trey2k/backstabpanther claimed this same thing about 4 or 5yrs ago on several Vis kids.Turned out most of them played baseball with my neighbor and needed a birth certificate to play at the appropriate age. Which they were all along. He views a kid with a summer b-day being the oldest instead of the youngest as 1 or 2 yrs older and held back. He also dispises Visit
I think that was Antoninous where ppl made claims about kids being a yr older.

Some have kids that are done, some have kids that aren't.

And I never made any claims about any school cheating. Ever.

I said when teams in grade school are stacked with multiple kids that are older, let's wait a little bit before we roll out the purple carpet for them. And that makes sense.

Don't understand how something so simple can get you so hot and bothered.

Again, I never once said they did anything wrong.

I just said there's a tremendous advantage to being 12-18 months older in grade school competition, and that perception of being so dominant carries over alot of times into high school, when in fact, they were so good because they were significantly older. It's a perfectly logical explanation.

Some kids continue that dominance, most revert back to the pack, so let's hold off on the Heisman talk until at least junior year.
1-12 months is more accurate if they played baseball together...which those Visi kids did in the years you've brought up 50 times in the last 5 yrs.
I think that was Antoninous where ppl made claims about kids being a yr older.
That would make sense, because Trey used to be obsessed with St Antonitus vs Visi basketball. Now that his prescious isn't playing hoops for St A's, he's on to Elder bashing. He's so bitter on so many levels. Wish he would change his screen name to Jussie

Wasn't Anotninus one of the teams that had multiple kids that were older? They were one of the dominant teams that I'm talking about that had a bunch of older kids. So now I'm bashing my own "kids" team apparently.

And I'm really not bashing any teams. They were all within the rules. Just saying these details are important when Elder evaluates incoming talent. I'll never understand the massive leaps you people make from something so simple.

And then tell me I make stuff up. Dense.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, continue to talk about this type of thing within the groups of people that can change it. Your underlying reaction to what you saw wasn't wrong. And you're dead right about changing it to keep more kids in playing football.

I'm done here.

I think your right on the Blackhawks Coach O and Niehaus boys had come great teams.
Omar was not a good coach, Tom Niehaus was a great coach on the other hand.... I believe Niehaus was a part of the Varsity championship every single year he was the coach except his last year, that's amazing.

Another phenomenal coach at Dominic was David Brandhorst. He coached every level there in the 90s and early 2000s and each year he coached his team was also in championship, didn't matter what level.

Both Niehaus and Brandhorst were very patient and worked well with the kids and DEVELOPED them. When a kid messed up, they took the time to explain how and why it was wrong and worked with the player to correct it. Every kid on their teams played every single game, and meaningful snaps too. Something Coach Omar never even attempted, all he did was yell at kids and never corrected any wrong they did.

Omar was not a good coach, Tom Niehaus was a great coach on the other hand.... I believe Niehaus was a part of the Varsity championship every single year he was the coach except his last year, that's amazing.

Another phenomenal coach at Dominic was David Brandhorst. He coached every level there in the 90s and early 2000s and each year he coached his team was also in championship, didn't matter what level.

Both Niehaus and Brandhorst were very patient and worked well with the kids and DEVELOPED them. When a kid messed up, they took the time to explain how and why it was wrong and worked with the player to correct it. Every kid on their teams played every single game, and meaningful snaps too. Something Coach Omar never even attempted, all he did was yell at kids and never corrected any wrong they did.

Weber was the Varsity coach when I played. Great coach, sad he passed away so young. I don’t recall Ohmer being much of a yeller. Then again, I rode the pine, so I doubt he gave much of a thought to anything I did.

Weber was the Varsity coach when I played. Great coach, sad he passed away so young. I don’t recall Ohmer being much of a yeller. Then again, I rode the pine, so I doubt he gave much of a thought to anything I did.
Weber took ever after Niehaus, not even in the same league. I didn't know he died? How and when? Also, Omar definitely calmed down some as he aged, but as you said ignored everyone but his 11 guys that played every single snap.

Weber took ever after Niehaus, not even in the same league. I didn't know he died? How and when? Also, Omar definitely calmed down some as he aged, but as you said ignored everyone but his 11 guys that played every single snap.

He knew my name, and I didn’t deserve much attention bc I wasn’t any good.

I think Weber passed maybe 5 yrs ago from ALS. Very sad.