Week 8: Winton Woods

Omar

A win locks up a playoff spot and very likely a home playoff game.

Obviously, WW has always been a bad matchup for Elder due to their speed. The WW Defense seems to be a bit down vs previous yrs, but no doubt their Secondary can disrupt the E passing game. No reason Royer shouldn’t be targeted 8-10 times this game.

Defensively, all E can do is hope Williams doesn’t beat them. Moeller had some good runs early in last night’s game and the TD called back raised a red flag for the edge speed of the Defense.

I think, but am not certain, that Grace, WW’s big time WR is out. If that’s the case, E has to stack the box and force Wingfield to beat them through the air.

To start the year, I thought this was a certain Loss, but now it’s shifted to a tossup in my eyes.

Elder is the better overall team. There are some obvious athleticism advantages WW will have, but it won't be enough to beat the overall team (including a strong E coaching advantage and a tendency of WW to lack some discipline in some cases).

E 42
WW 28

Think Elder will win this game. WW does have another WR that’s pretty good. He has a long last name that I don’t want to totally screw up. Believe the WW Offense will go as Miyan goes. Supposedly he has had an ankle issue as of late.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

A win locks up a playoff spot and very likely a home playoff game.

Obviously, WW has always been a bad matchup for Elder due to their speed. The WW Defense seems to be a bit down vs previous yrs, but no doubt their Secondary can disrupt the E passing game. No reason Royer shouldn’t be targeted 8-10 times this game.

Defensively, all E can do is hope Williams doesn’t beat them. Moeller had some good runs early in last night’s game and the TD called back raised a red flag for the edge speed of the Defense.

I think, but am not certain, that Grace, WW’s big time WR is out. If that’s the case, E has to stack the box and force Wingfield to beat them through the air.

To start the year, I thought this was a certain Loss, but now it’s shifted to a tossup in my eyes.

Grace is a Safety that is a Rutgers commit. Demeer Blankumsee is one of the BIG play receivers you are ralking about.

Think Elder will win this game. WW does have another WR that’s pretty good. He has a long last name that I don’t want to totally screw up. Believe the WW Offense will go as Miyan goes. Supposedly he has had an ankle issue as of late.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

Myan Williams sat out this week. He and another 6 starters sat out Friday's game vs Edgewood to rest them and get healthy for games vs. Elder and Lasalle. He will be ready Friday.

Elder is the better overall team. There are some obvious athleticism advantages WW will have, but it won't be enough to beat the overall team (including a strong E coaching advantage and a tendency of WW to lack some discipline in some cases).

E 42
WW 28

You guys say this every year but WW has been able to pull out wins often. Good luck. WW will be ready, like always.

You guys say this every year but WW has been able to pull out wins often. Good luck. WW will be ready, like always.
Say what every year? I think 2015 open up everyone’s eyes. No Elder fan with any sense thinks this will be some kind of cakewalk. WW is usually a very bad matchup for Elder, which is why they’ve won 3 of the last 4.

Last edited:

Most Elder fans are homers and believe they can't possibly not be the best team every year. Elder wasn't the better team the past few years. This year, they are. They're not as good as Eds, but they're in that stratosphere.

I think it will be a close game as the Elder D has some holes, but they are so strong everywhere else. Panthers pull away and win by 2 TDs.

[QUOTE="warriorblue, post: 7418975, memb
[/QUOTE]
You do pull out wins often but not as often as Elder does. 6-3 vs. WW since 2003. It is silly however for you to think we take your team lightly. The Panthers will be ready for the dogfight,keeping Williams from running wild is a most difficult challenge.

[QUOTE="warriorblue, post: 7418975, memb
You do pull out wins often but not as often as Elder does. 6-3 vs. WW since 2003. It is silly however for you to think we take your team lightly. The Panthers will be ready for the dogfight,keeping Williams from running wild is a most difficult challenge.
[/QUOTE]
I remember some of those early losses! Elder went on to win the State Championship to years in a row. But playing you and other South teams has helped WW compete on your level. We are very physical and that helps!
If Im not mistaken WW is 3 of the last 4 with a loss in OT. With the games before that WW losses, 28 to 21 and 31 to 28 respectfully. Should be a hard fought game with a point difference of 14 or less.

Read in another thread that DonMagicRon, a loyal WW poster, passed away a couple of days ago. Very sad news.

He always provided an interesting perspective and some friendly banter. He was a great fan of WW. He would have enjoyed this thread this week.

RIP DMR

Last edited:
The big take away from last yr is WW’s DBs can disrupt the Elder Passing game. That’s why Royer needs to be a tgt.

I think the changes Elder has made to their D has been significant in the last few weeks. Sandhas and wandstrat at safety, the younger Paff coming up to play OLB and the switch of Seeger to OLB, along with Keyes playing d-line.

I also think involving Larkins inthe offense is a good thing, with the TE screen......another wrinkle that teams will have to prepare for.

Should be a fun game Friday night. I hope that both teams come out injury free. I will also miss playing WW in the future, assuming we get dropped due to EEC scheduling. I enjoy playing teams that make us better, and WW is definitely one of those.

In the past few years when Elder traveled to WW, the Elder crowd was a bit on the small side. The weather is supposed to be nice and its not that far. How about we show them a good crowd?

Good luck. I've been there each year and it's always small. Elder fans treats the game like it's in Columbus for some reason. It's close, parking is ample and free in the strip mall across the street, stadium is nice enough, etc.

Elder really doesn't travel well and hasn't for years.

People like to listen to games on the radio, drink beer, and relax on Friday nights. To most who have no one on the team, it's just not worth the hassle.

Speaking of parking, does anyone know what parking will be like at the school this year with the construction of the new building?

The strip mall is still across the street in with Kroger. The parking lot in the area between the school and park is still open (probably be full early). Across Winton Rd a Dr Office with a small parking lot. Also across the street where Walgreens used to be, that strip mall is mostly empty. Not sure if they allow parking for games but they have a very good size lot.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

Good luck. I've been there each year and it's always small. Elder fans treats the game like it's in Columbus for some reason. It's close, parking is ample and free in the strip mall across the street, stadium is nice enough, etc.

Elder really doesn't travel well and hasn't for years.

People like to listen to games on the radio, drink beer, and relax on Friday nights. To most who have no one on the team, it's just not worth the hassle.
It would be nice to have a real SS and Cheerleaders at this game. Does anyone know if they’re trying to get a bus for the students?

It would be nice to have a real SS and Cheerleaders at this game. Does anyone know if they’re trying to get a bus for the students?

Bus to Forest Park? How about the Senior leaders and Cheerleaders along with some juniors have the sophomores and freshman who want to go pile in the car!

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

W
Bus to Forest Park? How about the Senior leaders and Cheerleaders along with some juniors have the sophomores and freshman who want to go pile in the car!

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

Whatever gets them to the game, they need to be there.

I hope so but not counting on them. Last few showings (students) have not been good at WW.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!
No, but none of those teams were as good as this one. E has a chance for their best season in over a decade, the students really need to show up.

The last time the Panthers were 6-1 was 2008 (the loss was to STA), so it has been a while since they racked up that record.
While I come down for all regular season games played at The Pit and neutral sites, I normally skip regular season Panther Cincy road games. But Omar and others are right, barring injury this team has a chance to make a real run in the postseason. I’ll be making the trip to WW and also plan on going to the LaSalle game. I hope those who are on the fence, adults and students alike, decide to make the short drive to the game.