Week 8 Fort Loramie vs Sidney

Loramie has one of the best WR in the area, the skins like to throw fades to him and he goes up and gets it.... the QB doesn't throw the ball with alot of ZIP on it, but throws a great deep ball. the Mescher boy is a athlete, they try to get the ball to him on swing passes, and is very good in open field, I havent seen them since the Versailles game, in which the Tigers dominated them up front, put over 500 yards of total offense against them.
Eilerman is going to be a lot of trouble for Sidney. Don't know if they have a DB that can match him. They'll have to keep the ball out of his hands by getting to Maurer.

Loramie people, is Mescher playing? Heard he's been injured.

They run the spread. I think the starting running back still maybe out. I wish they would throw deep more especially to 2 and 19. Heck they just forget about 19. I don't think 6'4 and a 6'2 recievers should be running bubble screens all the time. Although the QB doesn't have the best deep ball.

On defense they run a 3/4. I hope 78(DE) is told to get after the QB. He likes to read run sometimes but is good at running that down as well. Number 4 is a great outside Linebacker and 11 the other outside linebacker is pretty good as well. 6 the inside LB is a great run stopper.

I'm not going to say where they should attack us because most teams haven't tried what I think is are weakness.

Good luck to your team on Friday.
Sidney's D hasn't been real good against pass, which is why second I heard this matchup I knew they were in dangerous situation. Bellefontaine and Piqua threw all over them.

They don't throw deep because QB can't. Tried that late against Bellefontaine. Three INTs on last three possessions. Personally as far as starting RB is concerned, I hope it means more of Davis and Taborn in the backfield. RB is okay but doesn't have the big playmaking ability of those two.

Too bad Sidney doesn't have last year's offense, I wouldn't be as worried.

It's hard to believe Fort Loramie is in this position. I remember posting months ago that being independent can be very difficult. I think of Winton Woods two years ago. They beat LaSalle (DII State Champ) in the regular season, but missed the playoffs due to an extremely difficult schedule and only playing 9 games. They finished 9th in R8 and missed the playoffs. Now, Fort Loramie finds itself in a similar situation. They already had an extremely difficult schedule, but a Covid cancellation has made the schedule even more difficult. Couple that with two losses by a single point and another by 3 points, and the Skins find themselves in a rough situation. They'll need to find a win in the final 3 weeks, this might be their best opportunity. It truly would be a shame to see one of the better teams in R28 sitting at home come Week 11.

It's hard to believe Fort Loramie is in this position. I remember posting months ago that being independent can be very difficult. I think of Winton Woods two years ago. They beat LaSalle (DII State Champ) in the regular season, but missed the playoffs due to an extremely difficult schedule and only playing 9 games. They finished 9th in R8 and missed the playoffs. Now, Fort Loramie finds itself in a similar situation. They already had an extremely difficult schedule, but a Covid cancellation has made the schedule even more difficult. Couple that with two losses by a single point and another by 3 points, and the Skins find themselves in a rough situation. They'll need to find a win in the final 3 weeks, this might be their best opportunity. It truly would be a shame to see one of the better teams in R28 sitting at home come Week 11.
Not just one COVID cancelation. They were supposed to play Dunbar I believe the week they ended up playing in Indy.

How do these two match up in the trenches size wise? How many go two ways? Every game is decided on which line can push the other around and how fresh the bodies are.

View attachment 22039
I... uh, I mean. Is the outer MAC teams the 35 min dogs? Or the independent schedule? Either way, you can totally prepare for either thanks to Hudl. 35 mins isn't all that far, especially when the other option is 25 min. That 10 minutes rationally comparable. And why would I go walk dogs you don't know??? Questions continue to conjure as I type...
This is an ambiguous analogy.
I was just creatively saying that Loramie would rather travel further to battle a good Fort Rock team than go to Fairlawn and clock em

How do these two match up in the trenches size wise? How many go two ways? Every game is decided on which line can push the other around and how fresh the bodies are.
As I'm sure you know (as Greenville usually is the same), Sidney's usually always outsized on the lines. Unlike Piqua or Troy, 300 pounders are a rarity, not the norm. And Sidney's best linemen (and probably largest) has been out for a while. Sidney runs a 3-man front on D with some two-way guys.

Loramie people can answer how big they are this year, and if they have a bunch of linemen going both ways. But going off when I last saw them (playoffs against Marion at St. Marys), Sidney should have a size and depth advantage in the trenches, but it's not some huge gap that Loramie couldn't overcome. And since they throw a lot, if they throw quick, that may be mostly a moot point.

As I'm sure you know (as Greenville usually is the same), Sidney's usually always outsized on the lines. Unlike Piqua or Troy, 300 pounders are a rarity, not the norm. And Sidney's best linemen (and probably largest) has been out for a while. Sidney runs a 3-man front on D with some two-way guys.

Loramie people can answer how big they are this year, and if they have a bunch of linemen going both ways. But going off when I last saw them (playoffs against Marion at St. Marys), Sidney should have a size and depth advantage in the trenches, but it's not some huge gap that Loramie couldn't overcome. And since they throw a lot, if they throw quick, that may be mostly a moot point.
Loramie was pretty big last year on the line, not as big this year, i'm not sure they have the depth of last years team..

Eilerman is going to be a lot of trouble for Sidney. Don't know if they have a DB that can match him. They'll have to keep the ball out of his hands by getting to Maurer.

Loramie people, is Mescher playing? Heard he's been injured.
Loramie was pretty big last year on the line, not as big this year, i'm not sure they have the depth of last years team..
Mescher, similar to how his older brother was, is frequently in and out for injuries. For whatever reason they both seem to get dinged up in basically every game but rarely miss significant time. I would assume whatever injury you heard about will likely not keep him out.

Definitely not as big or as deep as the teams have been the last few years. To be fair to the current team, those teams were state championship caliber teams.

Mescher, similar to how his older brother was, is frequently in and out for injuries. For whatever reason they both seem to get dinged up in basically every game but rarely miss significant time. I would assume whatever injury you heard about will likely not keep him out.

Definitely not as big or as deep as the teams have been the last few years. To be fair to the current team, those teams were state championship caliber teams.
I thought last years team really had a shot to make it to Canton

I thought last years team really had a shot to make it to Canton
I thought the teams two and three years ago had the best chance. Three years ago falling in the state semis, two years ago they lost to Marion in OT (after giving up conversions on multiple 4th and longs.....still a tough one to swallow) then Marion didn't have another game within 20.

I thought the teams two and three years ago had the best chance. Three years ago falling in the state semis, two years ago they lost to Marion in OT (after giving up conversions on multiple 4th and longs.....still a tough one to swallow) then Marion didn't have another game within 20.
yes, that play in overtime, where FL were stopped, running wide, wasn't a very good decision.... being a Monday morning coach....LOL!!!

I thought FL was the better team against MSML two years ago when the game was in St Mary's. They seemed to play not to lose instead of playing to win after they were having some success.

BUT...like usual, Coach Goodwin and his staff put together a great second half game plan adjustments and those two fourth and long pick ups......some programs just know how to win the close games.

I thought FL was the better team against MSML two years ago when the game was in St Mary's. They seemed to play not to lose instead of playing to win after they were having some success.

BUT...like usual, Coach Goodwin and his staff put together a great second half game plan adjustments and those two fourth and long pick ups......some programs just know how to win the close games.
Completely agree. That's what is going to make that one painful for a long time.

Glad to see that FL could come back from that 14-0 deficit they were facing when they scheduled this. Impressive 28 points in a row to get the W!

Sidney never had a 14-0 lead. They scored the first TD to go up 7-0 and then FL scored the next 3 TD’s and added the 2 pt conversions to go up 24-7. Sidney added a late TD to make it 24-14.

Sidney’s coaching is simply lacking (and that’s putting it kindly). Schematically lacking, lacking in play calling, lacking in game management and lacking in coaching the fundamentals. All around they are lacking. It’s time pressure is put on the AD to move on from this Head Coach and staff. They have had plenty of opportunity to try and turn things around and haven’t been able too. It’s time to bring some new blood in and change things up.

Crazy that McDonald’s, hothead, Walmart, Culver’s, chipotle, Dan hemm, wingers and buckeye Ford, etc lost to the als bruckens and wagners tonight. Who would’ve thought?

Yeah I forgot about 89, wasn't in town then.

Uh no, Gordon leaving one semester to go to a prep school to get bigger basketball scholarships and then coming right back for basketball isn't at all the same as dozens of kids leaving for Lehman and Anna before Doenges got the job. He played FB 3 years at Sidney. Is he playing 3 years for Cairns in a wing t when they're going 3-7 every year?

You're right, Sidney had no D that year. Guess what, they have a decent D now and had good Ds before then when Doenges was coach. Sorry, those kids on that D in 17 played hard, but they just weren't that good. It wasn't for lack of coaching. All Troy, Tipp, Xenia and everybody had to do was run straight ahead and they were getting a first down.

Are there players plural talking back? There's one player talking back that I've seen and it's been the case since he's been on the field, multiple years now. It ain't ideal but he may be too good to not to play (I guess they think so). I'm not saying there's not more talking back that I haven't seen. Conditioning, yeah, they cramp a lot and have more injuries than other teams, I won't argue there.

They aren't world beaters under Doenges, but they're winning 5 games a year under him and competing. That's a whole lot more than they did before him. 2-8 in 2005, 3-7 in 2006, 5-5 in 2007, 3-7 in 2008, 5-5 in 2009, 0-10 in 2010, 0-10 in 2011. 5 win seasons were cause for celebration, not the norm.
Are you sure it's not coaching? Sidney runs the same plays all game. They never throw the ball to the left. Now tell me the QB can't, well then as a coach you find a QB then or don't run the spread.

Then the defense, Loramie throws the ball alot right. Why rush 3 guys all night and have DB's that are faster than the receivers 10 yards off the ball.

Then the sidelines again. Same player walking away from coaches and then they throw the ball to him. I don't care if he is your best receiver, you send him to the locker room.

Crazy that McDonald’s, hothead, Walmart, Culver’s, chipotle, Dan hemm, wingers and buckeye Ford, etc lost to the als bruckens and wagners tonight. Who would’ve thought?
Love me some Wingers! I had lost track of them for a bit after they moved.
Won got Laramie Into the playofftalk