Week 6: St X

Omar

Alright, get the discussion going. I’m expecting a shootout as both teams have solid Offenses and subpar Defenses. Whichever team wins the TO battle, wins the game.

Alright, get the discussion going. I’m expecting a shootout as both teams have solid Offenses and subpar Defenses. Whichever team wins the TO battle, wins the game.

St X has had some stellar Special Teams play so far this season. Turnovers and Special Teams will definitely be a factor. The Elder O is going to try and do what they always do,curious to see what kind of plan Specht has to try and counter with this year. Should be an outstanding game. The mom drama at the tailgate for this game is always top notch as well,Lol! Pboy you allowed to attend this one?

FREE PBOY!!!

St X has had some stellar Special Teams play so far this season. Turnovers and Special Teams will definitely be a factor. The Elder O is going to try and do what they always do,curious to see what kind of plan Specht has to try and counter with this year. Should be an outstanding game. The mom drama at the tailgate for this game is always top notch as well,Lol! Pboy you allowed to attend this one?

FREE PBOY!!!

X doesn’t have a dominant Defense. If they let Moe’s QB beat them deep twice, that’s a huge issue. Not wanting to be harshly critical of HS player, I’ll just say he’s not a great deep ball passer. Their best DB (Hundley) was hurt during the Moe game and they’ll need him.

Elder needs to wrap up on their tackles. X’s RB will kill you if you let him break free or bounce to the Outside. I was listening to the Moe broadcast in the 2nd half, and they talked about X’s Qb hanging on to the ball too long. E will have to get better pressure on him to speed up his decision making. If he gets time to sit back in the pocket, he will pick Elder apart.

Let me try again... you are an idiot. Elder needs to have a few stops to win and the over/under on double cheeseburgers pun eats is 6 (for the first half).

As far as the game, yes, it comes down to which ever Defense wins the turnover battle. Elder can’t let Clifford get behind the Secondary or miss tackles on Newman

X doesn’t have a dominant Defense. If they let Moe’s QB beat them deep twice, that’s a huge issue. Not wanting to be harshly critical of HS player, I’ll just say he’s not a great deep ball passer. Their best DB (Hundley) was hurt during the Moe game and they’ll need him.

Elder needs to wrap up on their tackles. X’s RB will kill you if you let him break free or bounce to the Outside. I was listening to the Moe broadcast in the 2nd half, and they talked about X’s Qb hanging on to the ball too long. E will have to get better pressure on him to speed up his decision making. If he gets time to sit back in the pocket, he will pick Elder apart.

Nothing was said about X and a dominant Defense. Nobody respects you because you talk all tough,stupid and crazy on here but everyone knows that it’s just how you are. Your mouth has overloaded your a** I’m sure quite a bit in your life. If you don’t think that Both teams want to win bad but also don’t have friends on one side or the other your just plain Stupid!

FREE PBOY/boy!!!

Bombers - 49
Puddy Tats - 21

cat-chewing-cactus-8.jpg

If Elder is able to run the ball they will win. Luebbe's running ability as a QB is something X tends to struggle with defensively. I think Elder will need to take some shots over the top, that's where Moe had some success.

Defensively, they need stops and turnovers. Playing X, especially over there isn't some place you want to get into a shootout. I think first team to 24 wins and there will be more punts than the experts believe.

there will be more punts than the experts believe.

It be that way sometimes. I agree, though. We all thought X would running-clock Moeller and it just didn't work out that way. This looks like a 54-52 game on paper, but I doubt it turns out that way.

If Elder is able to run the ball they will win. Luebbe's running ability as a QB is something X tends to struggle with defensively. I think Elder will need to take some shots over the top, that's where Moe had some success.

Defensively, they need stops and turnovers. Playing X, especially over there isn't some place you want to get into a shootout. I think first team to 24 wins and there will be more punts than the experts believe.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that turned out to be true. Rivalry games like this sometimes buck trends.

I think Elder needs to force Rueve to move. He seems most effective when he delivers the ball from the pocket. They need to make him move and force him to throw on the run. I haven't seen much of his running ability, I'm not sure that would be something that concerns me as an Elder fan.

We've heard all year the secondary is the strength of this team. Friday is a great opportunity and good challenge.

I think Elder needs to force Rueve to move. He seems most effective when he delivers the ball from the pocket. They need to make him move and force him to throw on the run. I haven't seen much of his running ability, I'm not sure that would be something that concerns me as an Elder fan.

We've heard all year the secondary is the strength of this team. Friday is a great opportunity and good challenge.

IDK if it’s a strength, but it’s not necessarily a weakness. E can’t let Clifford get behind the Secondary, bc it’s almost a guaranteed TD if that happens.

You’re 100% correct about making Rueve move out of the pocket. He’s extremely accurate if given time, but if Elder can create pressure and force him out of his comfort zone, that’s when mistakes happen

Last edited:
You can bet Specht is going to take away something we like to do. My bet is that he tries to neutralize Royer and Ramsey in the passing game and to make another wide-out beat them. A spy on Luebbe?

They can't take away everything so it will be interesting to see the gameplan.

Royer and Luebbe got the best of them last year - though Luebbe was at slot/RB/spot that Ramsey now occupies. I don't think X can stop all three of those guys, they're going to live with one of them - my bet is Ramsey. They will try to limit the number of runs from Luebbe, they will bring FS help over Royer whenever they can. Elder will need big nights from the OL/Catania/Johnson as well as the WR corps outside Royer - Vollmer, Dakota and Ramsey.

Royer and Luebbe got the best of them last year - though Luebbe was at slot/RB/spot that Ramsey now occupies. I don't think X can stop all three of those guys, they're going to live with one of them - my bet is Ramsey. They will try to limit the number of runs from Luebbe, they will bring FS help over Royer whenever they can. Elder will need big nights from the OL/Catania/Johnson as well as the WR corps outside Royer - Vollmer, Dakota and Ramsey.
Elder will need to get creative Offensively. X knows Elder’s Base Offense down to a T. X will be ready for the QB Draw, Bootleg Post/Corner, WR Tunnel Screen.

IDK if it’s a strength, but it’s not necessarily a weakness. E can’t let Clifford get behind the Secondary, bc it’s almost a guaranteed TD if that happens.

You’re 100% correct about making Rueve move out of the pocket. He’s extremely accurate if given time, but if Elder can create pressure and force him out of his comfort zone, that’s when mistakes happen

Yeah, not a strength, but the strength of the defense, which most agree is pretty below average overall.

The games I've seen of X, their center looks like he weights about 165 lbs. Perhaps Elder needs to plug a big nose tackle in and push the pocket right back into the face of Rueve and likely force a double team. They like to get rid of the ball quick, maybe tight coverage by the secondary, with some help on Clifford more often than not and then deploy some zone blitz schemes to confuse the line and QB.

Yeah, not a strength, but the strength of the defense, which most agree is pretty below average overall.

The games I've seen of X, their center looks like he weights about 165 lbs. Perhaps Elder needs to plug a big nose tackle in and push the pocket right back into the face of Rueve and likely force a double team. They like to get rid of the ball quick, maybe tight coverage by the secondary, with some help on Clifford more often than not and then deploy some zone blitz schemes to confuse the line and QB.
Elder likes to disguise Blitzes by bluffing pressure in the A Gap with an ILB. Maybe they’ll call off the bluff and bring pressure in the A Gap.

I said it already, but it is so damn important, Elder needs to wrap up on Newman. He’s extremely effective at bouncing runs outside to the edge and we know that’s a big weakness for Elder’s Defense.

Boo. Elder fans are soft. My posts were deleted.

Go Bombers!

Or they were moved. Only few Elder fans are soft (you know who they are). This thread is about the Game, not bullying. Still curious to see the plan of the X D against the high powered Elder O. Should be a great game!

FREE PBOY!!! FREE PBOY!!! FREE PBOY!!!

I'd have Sandhaus on Lang if they go man. Otherwise, just make the sure the DEs and LBs jam him as he goes out for his routes.

The mods are bullying us, I mean moving are posts to proper thread. Anyway who on the Elder D going to chase Lang around all night Friday?

FREE PBOY!!! FREE PBOY!!! FREE PBOY!!!

I think they could easily move Keyes to OLB since he has experience there from last season. He matches up size wise with Lang. I think you'll see Seger on Lang if they keep Keyes at DE.

With the weather turning cooler by Friday night, I think we'll see Royer more at Defensive end in certain situations to get a rush on the QB. I think you'll see Kandra, Smith, and Larkins with an increase in snaps on defense also.

This is a great time for Elder to be playing St. Xavier. X is coming off a big rivarly game vs. Moeller, and Elder is coming off an easy game vs. Ryle. St. X is somewhat limping in with a couple injuries and Elder is full strength.

I like Elder defense to come through in this one. Elder 45 St. Xavier 24