Week 4 and I said it last week; Does Coach Naumann make it to year 2 as Head coach of Moeller?

Peterson

As anyone can see and hopefully agree with; he is CLEARLY over his head as head coach....does he make it to year 2 at Moeller after getting completely eviscerated by Winton Woods? Is this the WORST team in the history of Moeller? They have been shut out THREE times this year in each of their defeats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you explain getting rid of John Rodenberg with 2 fatties on his fingers for this guy? Bad bad hire by the AD!! Barrett, what are your thoughts the 2019 Moeller Crusaders and their coaching staff?

Last edited:

I should hope not we have not been dominantt nor will ever be again ....but we have never been this inept.

#sendyourkodstopublicschool

This thread, as per usual, seems overly mean-spirited. Why the constant focus on other people getting fired and recommending other people get fired?

This thread, as per usual, seems overly mean-spirited. Why the constant focus on other people getting fired and recommending other people get fired?

Why are you worried about what I post (as usual)?
Moeller is a premiere program in the state of Ohio. They have been shut out three times this year. To say he will make it to year 2 is not a guarantee.

Why are you worried about what I post (as usual)?
Moeller is a premiere program in the state of Ohio. They have been shut out three times this year. To say he will make it to year 2 is not a guarantee.

This is a message board. Post and open yourself up to a response. Post the same type of Schadenfreude all the time and open yourself up to critical response. What team do you follow and how are they doing this year? Or are you just all about Princeton's, Moeller's and La Salle's problems?

Hes making it to year 2. The administration doesnt want to admit that they made a mistake. This has already been decided

I haven’t gotten to see Moeller play this year, but considering how they did Rodenberg after a couple tough years with close losses to other really good programs, I don’t feel bad.

He'll get a 2nd year, will get benefit of doubt as 1st yr. HC and the team is young. How they finish the season and improve next year will determine his future. I was shown a twitter post before they waxed the Ky. team of his pre-game. Has he posted any pre-game speeches of any of the other games?

As anyone can see and hopefully agree with; he is CLEARLY over his head as head coach....does he make it to year 2 at Moeller after getting completely eviscerated by Winton Woods? Is this the WORST team in the history of Moeller? They have been shut out THREE times this year in each of their defeats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you explain getting rid of John Rodenberg with 2 fatties on his fingers for this guy? Bad bad hire by the AD!! Barrett, what are your thoughts the 2019 Moeller Crusaders and their coaching staff?

Have you even seen them play? If so, how many of their starters do you think would start for Ed's or Iggy or even St. X ?

Time will tell. Pretty nervous about the X and Eds games. Hoping the scores don't end up like the Miami/OSU game yesterday. Its plain ugly going back the last 6 games. Very ugly that we are being dominated by WW, pretty sad statement right there. I guess to Todd's defense we are getting killed a couple of power 5 players. Roddy was embarrassing us by how the program was operating and we were getting smoked with Michigan and Penn State commits on our roster. Now we get our A** kicked with class I suppose. Wouldn't be shocked if he returned next year or steps down within a few months.

Just is disturbing they are getting crushed. I know we play a tough schedule and we didn't win much during the 2000's but at least we were .500 or put up a fight and could have some sense of pride. This is just getting embarrassing. Not nice I know, but such expectations come with being a part of a storied program. Every Coach and player knows that average is not acceptable when we sign up. Hoping we can rally the troops to salvage something from this year. Todd is a great guy, and man of Moeller. Really helping the current kids learn the culture that is at the core of Moeller football. (discipline, faith, toughness, great pride, strong work ethic). But we are seeing that there is a lot more to winning games than being the most disciplined and hard working team.

Looks like the decision to pass on McLaughlin for Rosfeld is back firing. Maybe bring back Dwills ;)?

Time will tell. Pretty nervous about the X and Eds games. Hoping the scores don't end up like the Miami/OSU game yesterday. Its plain ugly going back the last 6 games. Very ugly that we are being dominated by WW, pretty sad statement right there. I guess to Todd's defense we are getting killed a couple of power 5 players. Roddy was embarrassing us by how the program was operating and we were getting smoked with Michigan and Penn State commits on our roster. Now we get our A** kicked with class I suppose. Wouldn't be shocked if he returned next year or steps down within a few months.

Just is disturbing they are getting crushed. I know we play a tough schedule and we didn't win much during the 2000's but at least we were .500 or put up a fight and could have some sense of pride. This is just getting embarrassing. Not nice I know, but such expectations come with being a part of a storied program. Every Coach and player knows that average is not acceptable when we sign up. Hoping we can rally the troops to salvage something from this year. Todd is a great guy, and man of Moeller. Really helping the current kids learn the culture that is at the core of Moeller football. (discipline, faith, toughness, great pride, strong work ethic). But we are seeing that there is a lot more to winning games than being the most disciplined and hard working team.

Looks like the decision to pass on McLaughlin for Rosfeld is back firing. Maybe bring back Dwills ;)?
Speaking of WW Moeller was competitive the previous two years, losing in part by some position switching at the center position that backfired on them. Moeller does not have enough studs at the skill positions( running back, receivers, QB that played Friday looked good but was pressured in part because of a what I just said, and a young inexperienced o- line that is at best so so. They look unorganized at times and the word is the players are demoralized. This does not bode well for the head coach and I predict some kind of change soon.
This was not a decision made by the AD...

The President of Moeller (Marshall Hyzdu) hired Nauman not the AD. Naumann was a part-time coach at McNicholas prior to being hired by Rosfeld last year. What does that tell you? There is no reason why we shouldn't be competitive. Naumann and the Administration wrote this season off prior to the start of the season. Excuse after excuse has been given for not being competitive. They fired Rodenberg because they were not winning so why does Naumann get a free pass because he's an alum? The program has hit rock bottom and there is no reason why it should be where it is. I feel for the seniors on this team. They deserve better.

What we’re dealing with here is a total lack of talent
If you haven't seen them play how do you know it's a lack of talent? They have a three year starter at LB (Toepher), three year starter at corner (Valentine who is a UK commit), two year starter in Rotello (LB and RB), a QB who was a two year starter at Sycamore before transferring to Moeller, a safety in Deyhle who is a two year starter along with French who is a two year starter. Not to mention they have one of the best kickers in the City/State who has an offer from Navy who can't even attempt a field goal because the offense is so pathetic. I'm sure I'm missing one or two others but that's just off the top of my head. I wouldn't say it's a total lack of talent. The biggest issue, outside of them hiring a guy who isn't qualified to be the head coach, is that the offensive line is coached by a young guy (Blum) that had no varsity coaching experience when he was named the line coach by Rosfeld when he got the job. When Rosfeld was the head coach he made Blum the offensive line coach. Rosfeld spent a lot of time working with the line and mentoring the young line coach (Blum) but Rosfeld gone there is nobody there with line experience to assist the young coach. I don't care how "young" we are upfront they should be much better than what they have shown in three weeks and two scrimmages. It all starts upfront with the offensive line.

See what happens when you get rid of our beloved traditional block M's on the helmets for the damn shield for branding? ?

Our brand now is as a basketball, soccer and lacrosse school.

As bad as Moeller's record has been, I didn't see any quit in those kids last night. They just had nothing for Branam, Payne and Porter. If not for about four stupid penalties I can think of, it would have been about 56-6.

I hold this opinion in all sports at all levels: You have to give a coaching staff a few years to take hold and progress. Starting over over and over is a bad move.

Last edited:
As bad as Moeller's record has been, I didn't see any quit in those kids last night. They just had nothing for Branam, Payne and Porter. If not for about four stupid penalties I can think of, it would have been about 56-6.

I hold this opinion in all sports at all levels: You have to give a coaching staff a few years to take hold and progress. Starting over over and over is a bad move.

At this point in time the team should be improving in all aspects of the game. Same can be said for the coaching staff. Still burning time outs after a change of possession an an incomplete pass. All three time outs were burned by the middle of the second and third quarters. Special teams kick coverage is woeful. If #1 doesn't put it in the end zone, opposing teams are getting +30-40 yards. On the one quarterback draw Branum) for a TD the entire Moe D-line and secondary missed tackles. I lost sight of #13 in the scrum only to see the replay on TV. He literally ran by 8-9 defenders. It is pretty obvious that the kids and staff have a lot of work to do. I just hope and pray that the staff learns a lot from this year and can make the necessary adjustments before next season. Going 1-9 in the last ten games might be OK at some other school, but this has to be a severe case of culture shock for anyone that follows the program. GBM (hopefully sooner rather than later)

Moeller faithful, are they improving? Sounds like game management is an issue. On a sarcastic note has he posted anymore more pre-game speeches on twitter like the one before the game they knew was a blow out win?

Moeller faithful, are they improving? Sounds like game management is an issue. On a sarcastic note has he posted anymore more pre-game speeches on twitter like the one before the game they knew was a blow out win?

Not that I am aware of, but the "speech" was played on the public address system before the game. It got my juices flowing but unfortunately the LaSalle players were not fazed by it. LOL GBM (sooner rather than later)

Not that I am aware of, but the "speech" was played on the public address system before the game. It got my juices flowing but unfortunately the LaSalle players were not fazed by it. LOL GBM (sooner rather than later)

They did fumble the ball on their first two snaps. :cool:

On the one quarterback draw Branum) for a TD the entire Moe D-line and secondary missed tackles. I lost sight of #13 in the scrum only to see the replay on TV. He literally ran by 8-9 defenders.

Over on the good side of North Bend, we are learning that 13 is a pretty special player.