Week 2: Elder vs St. Neumann & Goretti

If the game is delayed tonight bc if storms, would Neumann be able to stay until Saturday to play the game?

Wouldn't surprise me if alot of the games tonight moved to 8pm kicks. It is oppressively hot and humid already this morning.

Since I have to know when to leave, I called Elder; the woman who answered the phone at the main office said that kickoff will be at 7:00 and to her knowledge there is no talk of moving it back.

Not a must win, but the natives will be restless if the Panthers can't pull this one out. It seems NG has some weapons to score some points, but typically in these type of games, the depth is too much to overcome. I also think E will be able to establish the run game against them, especially as the heat wears down on their depth and with some kids playing both ways.

E - 37
NG - 20

If the game is delayed tonight bc if storms, would Neumann be able to stay until Saturday to play the game?
If they had to, I'm sure they would. I am hearing thunder and the radar isn't great right now. This game may not start at 7.

Rain (no thunder or lightning) could be a blessing during this game.

IMO this will be very lightly attended. This heat index is ridiculous and will keep people away.

Last edited:
If they had to, I'm sure they would. I am hearing thunder and the radar isn't great right now. This game may not start at 7.

Rain (no thunder or lightning) could be a blessing during this game.

IMO this will be very lightly attended. This heat index is ridiculous and will keep people away.

The heat, possibility of storms, an opponent nobody knows anything about, and the game being streamed........ all points for probably the lowest attendance of the season.

This game is not over. Neumann can score on any play and E let them back in the game with that TD.

Elder getting more banged up losing Fortkamp & Sandhas. The only good news is neither looked season ending

To this point they’re down: Schacleiter, Meier, Uran, Sandhas, Fortkamp and Goettke. They have to get some of these guys back by Eds.

Defense played well. They bent but ultimately only broke once and it was on a busted play.

This aged well…

Elder beat them pretty soundly.
I made the mistake of thinking Neumann’s coaches weren’t totally brain dead. And Elder won, but I don’t know how soundly it was. Neumann had a lot of chances inside E territory but couldn’t convert.
However, a lot of credit goes to the Elder D that mostly stepped up once Neuman got into their territory. The mounting injuries, particularly in the Secondary are worrisome.

N&G while coached poorly, did have some talent. They're probably on par with a middling GMC team. This wasn't the turbo clock teams that Elder usually finds at least once a year to visit the Pit.

Offensively, they’re still not there. At some point, they need to get healthy. They desperately need someone to become a reliable RB1. Though, I like giving Dugan some carries. OL played better vs a fairly large DL. Mirus had an up & down game, liked seeing Boeing get more targets. And finally, Harmeling needs to be more involved in the Offense. That kick return showed the kind of speed he has, get him the ball on some Sweeps & Screens.

N&G while coached poorly, did have some talent. They're probably on par with a middling GMC team. This wasn't the turbo clock teams that Elder usually finds at least once a year to visit the Pit.
I think they’re more talented than that. They’ve done well the past few yrs in their League.

Brass had another good game and played better this week than last (Im sure the competition played a factor.) Good to see other kids involved in the passing game. Mirus had a great TD but dropped a couple easy ones Im sure he wishes he had back.

On defense Ginn had a great game. Guidugli (?) also stood out. The DB's are undersized but a very solid group. Stallmeyer, Guidugli, Sandhas, Summers, Uran.

Kicker is very confident on extra points and kickoffs. Punting was good. New punter from last week?

Sandhas looks like he escaped a bad knee injury. I hope the same for Fortkamp

Last edited:
I think they’re more talented than that. They’ve done well the past few yrs in their League.
Talent is better sure, but the team as is with coaching staff and lack of execution would finish in the middle of the GMC IMO. They remind me of some Princeton and Fairfield teams, without as good a coaching staff as those two teams currently have.

Neumann Goretti fumbled on their first play of the game when the QB went under center at the 3 yard line. Was that their only play under center?

Dugan punted in week 1 and did well from what I remember. Tonight the punting duties were handled by George Guidugli who also had a nice game. I think we'll see both punt as the season progresses.
No more rugby punts. Those should be outlawed anyway.

Why? Punt how you want
Bc if you’re on the Punt return team and you hit the punter after he gets off that kick, it’s a penalty. However, you don’t know if he’s actually a ball carrier or not bc he’s racing towards the LOS. It’s puts the defenders rushing the punter, in an impossible situation. IMO, once the Punter makes a clear move out of his stance, he should be considered a ball carrier and be open to getting hit.

Jury is still out on this team. I still think they’re a 5 win team as currently constructed but if they can get healthy, maybe that changes. Still think Marshall is going to run for over 300 yards on them.