Week 2: Elder vs St. Neumann & Goretti

Jury is still out on this team. I still think they’re a 5 win team as currently constructed but if they can get healthy, maybe that changes. Still think Marshall is going to run for over 300 yards on them.

They should be 2-2 going into Louisville St. Xavier game. I think 4-2 in that stretch is realistic. 6-4 or 7-3 against this schedule I think would be successful season.

Also, with how portly they’re coached, they were a yard away from a state title last yr.

Dugan looks like a good short yardage back.
I’m concerned better teams are going to take away Brass’ rollouts and there goes one of our best weapons. Harmeling has to get a shot at running jet sweeps.
this was a nice second game for Elder. Neumann had some good players but they executed poorly maybe because it was their first game. Their offensive touchdown was a jump ball pass to a tall receiver in the endzone over one of our 5’6 DBs. Concerning.
6-4 would be a very good season.

Dugan looks like a good short yardage back.
I’m concerned better teams are going to take away Brass’ rollouts and there goes one of our best weapons. Harmeling has to get a shot at running jet sweeps.
this was a nice second game for Elder. Neumann had some good players but they executed poorly maybe because it was their first game. Their offensive touchdown was a jump ball pass to a tall receiver in the endzone over one of our 5’6 DBs. Concerning.
6-4 would be a very good season.
6-4 would not be very good, it would be adequate. It’s bothersome that’s the standard for this team with 2 talented classes.

And Elder didn’t have Uran last night, he’s their best Corner.

Last edited:
6-4 would not be very good, it would be adequate. It’s bothersome that’s the standard for this team with 2 talented classes.

And Elder didn’t have Uran last night, he’s their best Corner.

6-4 would be a successful season given how hard the schedule is. This isn't the old days with automatic wins vs. West Hi, Oak Hills, Lasalle, and a GCL small school team. They are possibly playing state champs from 4 different states plus 3 good GCL teams in Moe, X, LS.

6-4, 7-3 will get them a home game and a reasonable chance of making it out of region 4. They need to get healthy though.

6-4 would be a successful season given how hard the schedule is. This isn't the old days with automatic wins vs. West Hi, Oak Hills, Lasalle, and a GCL small school team. They are possibly playing state champs from 4 different states plus 3 good GCL teams in Moe, X, LS.

6-4, 7-3 will get them a home game and a reasonable chance of making it out of region 4. They need to get healthy though.
Hope you are correct. Outside of Brass I just do not see any offensive power yet to play the big boys. And yes I know we are averaging 35 a game. Brass is about to take a pounding similar to Hamilton.

Hope you are correct. Outside of Brass I just do not see any offensive power yet to play the big boys. And yes I know we are averaging 35 a game. Brass is about to take a pounding similar to Hamilton.

In 2 games, Josh Mirus has 15 catches for 217 yards and 2 touchdowns. He is on pace for an all state season. The competition does get harder starting in week 4.

I don’t agree, 7-3 would be a success but 6-4 should be the floor.

His OL is infinitely better than what Hambleton was behind. And at some point, Schacleiter and Meier have to be healthy.

Thats definitely not the case! No one really knows but hoping he can start practicing soon. Would be great to have him back sooner than later.

Thats definitely not the case! No one really knows but hoping he can start practicing soon. Would be great to have him back sooner than later.
Same with Schacleiter. Not to mention Uran, Fortkamp and Sandhas were also either out Friday or hurt during the game. I’m fairly positive Fortkamp’s injury will not be season ending, but he’s not playing next week. Sandhas harder to tell, it looked bad when he first went down but went off the field under his own power.

Same with Schacleiter. Not to mention Uran, Fortkamp and Sandhas were also either out Friday or hurt during the game. I’m fairly positive Fortkamp’s injury will not be season ending, but he’s not playing next week. Sandhas harder to tell, it looked bad when he first went down but went off the field under his own power.
Pretty sure Sandhas played the rest of the game