Week 14: Division III Region 9 Final #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (11-1) vs #2 Canfield Cardinals (11-1)

Will Canfield finally break through against Chardon or will the Hilltoppers dominate again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they also said the game would be at Byers
It's at Euclid.

Division III State Semifinals – Friday, Nov. 25, 7 p.m.
Region 9 (Canfield) vs. Region 10 (Holy Name) at Euclid Community Stadium
Region 11 (Bloom-Carroll) vs. Region 12 (Tippecanoe) at London Bowlus Field

And so far, no home team (top team in the bracket) has been designated.

1668827343846.png

Last edited:
Congrats to Canfield on a nice win. Chardon’s offense is equivalent to watching paint dry. I’m rooting for Canfield and Region 9, but DIII is down this season.

No doubt Canfield should be playing for State Championship. That said, this Chardon team, offensively at least, is average at best.

I thought Canfield brought a nice crowd and it definitely was a lot more than Chardon. Congrats to the Cards on the win and I look forward to watching them win their first State Championship.
How many fans would you estimate for each team?

Congrats to Canfield on a nice win. Chardon’s offense is equivalent to watching paint dry. I’m rooting for Canfield and Region 9, but DIII is down this season.

No doubt Canfield should be playing for State Championship. That said, this Chardon team, offensively at least, is average at best.
Like most on here, I see Canfield and Tipp in the finals. Tipp has toppled some top programs, and while I see Canfield taking the Championship Tipp has clearly earned respect and I think it will be a great final if these 2 program take care of business this week.

In terms of final word on Chardon, @topperbounce is totally correct - it's not a knock on Canfield or anyone else to say that Chardon's O was average this year. When Chardon's offense was championship level - they won the championship. Defense was championship level again this year, but offense wasn't. Hence, we were vulnerable to Canfield, and even Kenston last week.

Canfield's defense owned the edge and was disciplined between the tackles, and dominated the line of scrimmage. Good gameplan, excellent execution.