Week 12: Coldwater (10-1) @ Archbold (10-1)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coldwater is coming off of a 47-0 victory over the Indian Lake Lakers and Archbold is coming off of a 37-6 victory over Fredricktown. Our kids are resilient. These seniors were 8th graders when we played the Blue Streaks last and before you start, no I did not forget what happened last time. But this Coldwater team is better than that one and I'm expecting a competitive game.

Coldwater 35
Archbold 24

Interesting stat I found on the MAC website. Archbold is tied for the most playoff wins (3) and highest win % (.750) against MAC schools (not counting single wins). Archbold is 3-1 all time against the MAC in the playoffs and 1-0 vs Coldwater. Seems minor, and has no impact on this matchup; but actually an impressive stat.

Interesting stat I found on the MAC website. Archbold is tied for the most playoff wins (3) and highest win % (.750) against MAC schools (not counting single wins). Archbold is 3-1 all time against the MAC in the playoffs and 1-0 vs Coldwater. Seems minor, and has no impact on this matchup; but actually an impressive stat.
Archbold beat the Cats in 87 and 88... they were a very good team..in fact the qb for that team... became a assistant coach for Minster...

Coldwater is coming off of a 47-0 victory over the Indian Lake Lakers and Archbold is coming off of a 37-6 victory over Fredricktown. Our kids are resilient. These seniors were 8th graders when we played the Blue Streaks last and before you start, no I did not forget what happened last time. But this Coldwater team is better than that one and I'm expecting a competitive game.

Coldwater 35
Archbold 24
That Cav team lost its confidence after ANNA.

I'll put all the pertinent info into the VPM (Voice Predictor Machine) and bloviate about thr results later
the hangover GIF

Live action shot of @Thavoice using his machine.

I like Coldwater in this game, but I also think Archbold is no slouch. This is one of the better second round matchups that I see in Divisions V-VII. I'll go with Coldwater scoring late to seal the win:

Coldwater 28
Archbold 14

Although a conference dominated by teams in the Pee Wee divisions, the MAC has done quite well over the years.
The league is at least 338-58 (85%) winning percentage against NON MAC teams in the playoffs.

85%.

The only teams who have a winning record vs the MAC in the playoffs with at least 2 matchups are below.
Archbold (3-1)
Middletown Fenwick (2-1)
Oak Harber (2-0)
tUYU (3-1)
(As of 2019 I do believe these are from. Ill get with my buddy to update these).

The first bit of business is to NOT be intimidated. Archbold is 3-1 VS the MAC with the most recent win in 2019 VS our Cavs. Their only loss was to Anna who was an absolute juggernaut and if they did not slip up vs the Steiners for the only Rocket loss that year they would have a solid argument for the very short list of best all time MAC teams.

Archbold does seem to have a balanced attack with their QB throwing for nearly 1500 yards (19TD/7INT) and their leading rusher near 900 yds and 11TDs and another back with nearly 500 and 13TDs (stats may be only from regular season).

Hurst seems to be a dude as he has 21 TDS (13 rushing, 4 receiving, 2 KO return//avgs 50 yards on 7 returns// and 2 other TDs their stat sheet doe not show) and also plays defense.
They seem to have a 1-2 punch at receiver with a Miller kid with 7TDs.

They do have 3 KO turns for TDS so it would behoove CW to be strong in the kicking game..

Coldwateronians: I realize many have become 'ho hum' in regards to the program with the success over the years. I do still see a number of the 'old crusties' at the games (60+) but each year less and less of them can make it. What I see is a lack of non parent 20-50 types supporting these kids over the years.

This is your team. This is your school. This is your program. Graduated and moved away? Once a Cavalier, always a Cavalier. Make the trip, go down memory lane and support these kids and this team. I was at the school a few weeks ago for an event and saw the cars in the student lot. Took me until about 30 before I bought myself that nice of a car so dont tell me the ticket prices are too high!

Parents: gather up those kids, pry them away from their phones, computers, video games, tablets, get them off their myspace accounts and take them to a ballgame.

Week 12 is not an entitlement, it is a privilege. Shell out that $$ and show this team you support them 100%.

Remember, if we do not support our own, who is going to?

My prediction:
This team is going to fight. They are going to fight like hell to get to the next step of their goal. In Coldwater, the success we have seen is a blessing, and a curse, because way too many think it is our God given right as a Cavalier to make it to week 11, 12, 13, 14, 15+. We have become too spoiled and comfortable.

As for the outcome:

Winning team 27
Non winning team 20.

God Bless the USA.
God Bless the MAC.
and May God Bless The Coldwater Cavaliers.

Last edited:
Although a conference dominated by teams in the Pee Wee divisions, the MAC has done quite well over the years.
The league is at least 338-58 (85%) winning percentage against NON MAC teams in the playoffs.

85%.

The only teams who have a winning record vs the MAC in the playoffs with at least 2 matchups are below.
Archbold (3-1)
Middletown Fenwick (2-1)
Oak Harber (2-0)
tUYU (3-1)
(As of 2019 I do believe these are from. Ill get with my buddy to update these).

The first bit of business is to NOT be intimidated. Archbold is 3-1 VS the MAC with the most recent win in 2019 VS our Cavs. Their only loss was to Anna who was an absolute juggernaut and if they did not slip up vs the Steiners for the only Rocket loss that year they would have a solid argument for the very short list of best all time MAC teams.

Archbold does seem to have a balanced attack with their QB throwing for nearly 1500 yards (19TD/7INT) and their leading rusher near 900 yds and 11TDs and another back with nearly 500 and 13TDs (stats may be only from regular season).

Hurst seems to be a dude as he has 21 TDS (13 rushing, 4 receiving, 2 KO return//avgs 50 yards on 7 returns// and 2 other TDs their stat sheet doe not show) and also plays defense.

They do have 3 KO turns for TDS so it would behoove CW to be strong in the kicking game..

Coldwateronians: I realize many have become 'ho hum' in regards to the program with the success over the years. I do still see a number of the 'old crusties' at the games (60+) but each year less and less of them can make it. What I see is a lack of non parent 20-50 types supporting these kids over the years.

This is your team. This is your school. This is your program. Graduated and moved away? Once a Cavalier, always a Cavalier. Make the trip, go down memory lane and support these kids and this team. I was at the school a few weeks ago for an event and saw the cars in the student lot. Took me until about 30 before I bought myself that nice of a car so dont tell me the ticket prices are too high!

Parents: gather up those kids, pry them away from their phones, computers, video games, tablets, get them off their myspace accounts and take them to a ballgame.

Week 12 is not an entitlement, it is a privilege. Shell out that $$ and show this team you support them 100%.

My prediction:
This team is going to fight. They are going to fight like hell to get to the next step of their goal. In Coldwater, the success we have seen is a blessing, and a curse, because way too many think it is our God given right as a Cavalier to make it to week 11, 12, 13, 14, 15+. We have become too spoiled and comfortable.

As for the outcome:

Winning team 27
Non winning team 20.

God Bless the USA.
God Bless the MAC.
Man I love your posts and your passion for all things Coldwater. The world needs more like you. Flyer Fan in Steinerville

85%.

Archbold (3-1)
Middletown Fenwick (2-1)
Oak Harber (2-0)
tUYU (3-1)

My prediction:

As for the outcome:

Winning team 27
Non winning team 20.

God Bless the USA.
God Bless the MAC.
i would still put that Anna team as one of the best teams in MAC history....

About as good as it gets. 2 lockdown corners in Miller and Juarez. Outstanding safeties in Diller and Gomez. I mean theres 4 grown men right there you just can't get around. You're looking at a secondary that led the league in interceptions. Don't let me get started with the upfront pressure.
The question is this really: Will Arcbhold pitch the shutout or will CW score late to get on the board?
Do not think the Streaks will run rule the Cavs but likely will take this one going away. CW has had their issues with the NWOAL, no doubt about that.

I’m debating on what games to go to this week and am not sure. Not a fan of either but am familiar with both. Is the drive from Columbus to Archbold worth it? Went to school at West Jeff. Saw Arbold in the state finals against WJ in the mud bowl and Coldwater has kicked WJ’s butt every time.
I have a list:
Garaway vs East Knox
Fort Frye vs Newcomerstown
WLS vs Tri Village
Marion Local vs Cedarville
Canton Mckinly vs St Ignatius
Massillon vs Westerville South
Steubenville vs Licking Valley
Archbold vs Coldwater
Portsmouth vs Wheelersburg

To be quite honest here, this region belongs to Liberty Center and that train seems to be steamrolling along and I am not certain either team here could beat them.