Week 11: Massillon Perry (4-6) @ Massillon (8-1)

south park beat a dead horse GIF

I've been called a "Fed poster" before. All the Perry stuff is complete BS, uncalled for and has no place in youth sports.
Interesting that fans from other fed schools are saying this kind of stuff has been going on for years in multiple sports involving Perry. There is a lot going on over there.

Interesting that fans from other fed schools are saying this kind of stuff has been going on for years in multiple sports involving Perry. There is a lot going on over there.
Yes, and I remember earlier this season Slates whining about something after the Jackson game. A poster claims it was about Jackson chop blocking. Ironic huh?

If anything, I hope THESE (multiple) incidents help open up the kids eyes. These local kids from neighboring schools were all brought up to hate Massillon, be it directly being taught, or just being within earshot of ignorant adult conversations. Massillon kids play summer ball or AAU basketball with these other kids and think that they're buddies....and in some....or even most cases that is true....but even in those cases those kids have had some goofy adult in their ear at some point in their childhood spouting anti Massillon propaganda.

#takenoprisoners.
#WARPATH

If anything, I hope THESE (multiple) incidents help open up the kids eyes. These local kids from neighboring schools were all brought up to hate Massillon, be it directly being taught, or just being within earshot of ignorant adult conversations. Massillon kids play summer ball or AAU basketball with these other kids and think that they're buddies....and in some....or even most cases that is true....but even in those cases those kids have had some goofy adult in their ear at some point in their childhood spouting anti Massillon propaganda.

#takenoprisoners.
#WARPATH
Jealousy of Massillon Football runs deep in Stark County. At least it did the 9 years I lived there.

Not a great idea. Stay off Twitter son, geesh. The apology should have been the 1st, last, and only. Hope somebody with a brain is advising him.
100% agreed. Except that what he should have done was say nothing and apologize in private. Because now this is just a ridiculous drama filled with bad actors on both sides.

And it's pretty obvious no one with a brain is advising him.

Massillon has put the Federal league in lockdown. The trolls are in hiding. They won’t even mention this embarrassment. And yes this is a complete embarrassment for the Perry schools, Perry players throwing cheap shots for all to see. Perry students fighting in their student section removed by police. Let’s not forget the McKinley student that entered the Massillon student section last week during the Mck game and tried to start a fight then threw a punch at a police officer when she was being removed. GREAT TO BE A TIGER!!!!
Shut the hell up by including the fed in this. Just because Perry plays in our league doesn’t mean I need to apologize for them. Quit trying to spin this on the whole league. What that Perry kid did was pure trash. I know it. But I don’t speak for Perry. They aren’t Lake, never will be. So why in the hell do I need to apologize for them? That’s like saying you should apologize for the crap mckinley does because you are their rival. Effing moronic logic. By the way, there were multiple other fed posters saying what he did was garbage. Quit your b*tching. It’s old.

Massillon has put the Federal league in lockdown. The trolls are in hiding. They won’t even mention this embarrassment. And yes this is a complete embarrassment for the Perry schools, Perry players throwing cheap shots for all to see. Perry students fighting in their student section removed by police. Let’s not forget the McKinley student that entered the Massillon student section last week during the Mck game and tried to start a fight then threw a punch at a police officer when she was being removed. GREAT TO BE A TIGER!!!!
LOL, the antics of Massillon fans over the years are WAY ahead of this. Oh , and if the Mass player was making fun of his dead brother he was just as much at fault.

Last edited:
Shut the hell up by including the fed in this. Just because Perry plays in our league doesn’t mean I need to apologize for them. Quit trying to spin this on the whole league. What that Perry kid did was pure trash. I know it. But I don’t speak for Perry. They aren’t Lake, never will be. So why in the hell do I need to apologize for them? That’s like saying you should apologize for the crap mckinley does because you are their rival. Effing moronic logic. By the way, there were multiple other fed posters saying what he did was garbage. Quit your b*tching. It’s old.
You may be right, you may be wrong....but we have posters from Perry, McKinley, Green, Jackson and Hoover (all federal league teams) that are regular visitors to any and (almost) all threads involving Massillon giving their 2 cents on every little move Massillon makes, yet....those same posters are hiding in the bushes on this one....I didn't see where he expected ANYONE to apologize let alone Lake posters. Massillon has a history with these trolls on here and you should be able to read between the lines on who he is talking about. Don't be so sensitive.

For me all Firewatch is doing is showing a pattern of behavior like this, mck the week before and now Perry. You have the issues with GO and mck.
Once again the “holier than thou” league is no different then anywhere else but you can make damn sure if something bad happens the excuses fly and you won’t read about it on any news site. 🙄

#takenoprisoners.
#WARPATH
TBH, I’ve said it thousands of times to thousands of people and the message needs to get through…. The path to success in Perry is to develop their own identity and traditions. Too much of the past few decades, including the 90s when my sisters graduated from there, the theme has been to be “not Massillon”

I will point out, whenever the mobs of orange and black start hammering coaches and officials at these surrounding schools you’re not helping those trying to change the culture. Conversely it ends up circling the wagons and set it back.

There are sports and other groups who are doing their own thing and honestly consider Massillon as just another school with their own team and not Darth Vader, so it’s a start.

You’re 100% right, Perry and others need to focus on themselves and stop demonizing Massillon as if it benefits them somehow.

Lake has always taken collateral damage in this mental/verbal spat between Perry, Jackson and the little sisters of Canton McKinley. So when they say “Fed” Massillon posters often completely forget about Lake as it’s generally 4 schools they are referring to and not the entire league.

Honestly I think that’s where a lot of this stems from historically. Before playoff expansion the surrounding stark schools basically lived vicariously through Massillon or McKinley after Friday week 10 and that rivalry is such that it breeds a dislike of one of the other school that’s knee jerk and automatic.

Like anything else “Stark County“ it all gravitates to being all about Canton, and everyone outside of Canton and the townships/cities that touch Canton are forgotten about as “stark county” thumbs their nose at them for not being Canton.

Often wonder what parents think about the play of their child, here is what Kelly's dad said. This was posted AFTER the game

"I can’t even begin to express how proud we are of
You Dude! You and your teammates played great this year. No matter the outcome, this is a once of a lifetime thing is to grace the field of high school football. You have defined team player! Being a leader and what ever happens next we will continue to cheer you on Dude! #63 We love you dude and we are so proud of you ! Let’s go PERRY !!!!!
🐾
63 "

The above was posted at 10:14pm Oct 29th .

Last edited:
Btw, can we all take a second and STOP attacking a teenager? If you want to talk about the adult coaches that failed them if they were fostering an environment that either allows or encourages bad behavior, that’s fair…

but let’s remember please that you’re talking about a teenaged kid who made a bad decision in a emotionally and physically charged situation and it’s the Adults job to be adults not the kids and shaming a teenager into a puddle of emotional goop is just the opposite of what we as adults and fans should be about.

Btw, can we all take a second and STOP attacking a teenager? If you want to talk about the adult coaches that failed them if they were fostering an environment that either allows or encourages bad behavior, that’s fair…

but let’s remember please that you’re talking about a teenaged kid who made a bad decision in a emotionally and physically charged situation and it’s the Adults job to be adults not the kids and shaming a teenager into a puddle of emotional goop is just the opposite of what we as adults and fans should be about.
Good post, El Spizo. We should all take that to heart. Now, about the dad calling his son "dude" four or five times, that's another matter altogether. Tells me all I need to know about that kid's upbringing.

but let’s remember please that you’re talking about a teenaged kid who made a bad decision in a emotionally and physically charged situation and it’s the Adults job to be adults not the kids and shaming a teenager into a puddle of emotional goop is just the opposite of what we as adults and fans should be ab

I don't disagree and think for the most part it has been directed at adults. But this is what drives Massillon fans nuts. Our "teenagers" are open game and have been for years endlessly ad nauseum, now it's a problem???

Having watched the game Friday night at PBTS, I have a few conclusions:

1. The USS Slates PTO battleship is sinking fast, and their football program has all the characteristics of mediocrity. Low numbers, low energy, and more cheap shots than a plastic bottle of Popov vodka purchased from the bottom shelf at Target.

2. If I'm running the PTO, I'm proactively cleaning this situation up and sending contacts to the "other side" of Navarre to see if there's any interest from their currently playoff-bound coach in coming to Perry. Now I know the PTO contingent will say "Slates still has a year on his contract; give him time, blah, blah, blah" but what I observed was a Perry football team that was more demoralized than the Dukakis '88 campaign.

3. Tigers? OMG. Be happy! You can feel the angry tension in the stands from too many people when you watch a game. I'm like....why? The Tigers defense is a million miles better than the 2015-16 defense that was confused more than AT&T telemarketers and offered the same spotty coverage as AT&T. You have a great team, program, stadium, band, and the town has a bunch of hidden gems to enjoy whether it's hole in the wall beer joints, restaurants, bike paths, yoga studios, golf courses, park facilities, museums, double trouble subs, and hippie donut counters. Massillon is a great town to live, come from, and come back to.

Don't let ridiculous haters get in your head. Enjoy what you've got and always keep the foot on the gas.