Week 11: Austintown Fitch (6-3) vs Cleveland John Hay (5-4)

Assuming that Glenville will open at Collinwood's stadium, John Hay would probably play at Case since it's right up the road. Honestly kinda surprised Hay doesn't play at least 1 or 2 games there during the season. More than likely, it's gonna be played at Euclid.

Assuming that Glenville will open at Collinwood's stadium, John Hay would probably play at Case since it's right up the road. Honestly kinda surprised Hay doesn't play at least 1 or 2 games there during the season. More than likely, it's gonna be played at Euclid.
Is CWRU receptive to having City schools play on their field? I don't recall hearing of such games, but I surely don't know of everything that goes on, either. John Hay IS a magnet school these days, since the reopening, so much less likely to have trouble at a game, but maybe CWRU decides to "err" on the side of extreme caution?

There is a reason (sadly) that Senate schools play their games in the City at 3 pm on Friday afternoons...

Wow, it is hard to believe that John Hay got enough points to get a #7 seed. They sure haven't beat anyone any good at all.
If they would have actually played Lincoln rather than the game being canceled they would have dropped below Fitch just barely. Fitch is worse off having played Boardman, they would have gotten a home game if they had a bye rather than playing Boardman.

Similarly Canfield would have been the #6 seed in region 9 had they not played Boardman and Howland and instead had byes.

Last edited:
Is CWRU receptive to having City schools play on their field? I don't recall hearing of such games, but I surely don't know of everything that goes on, either. John Hay IS a magnet school these days, since the reopening, so much less likely to have trouble at a game, but maybe CWRU decides to "err" on the side of extreme caution?
I have never seen or heard of Case Institute of Technology/Western Reserve University allowing any high schools to use their field for any reason. My brother lived in the dormitories overlooking the stadium, so he was always around, and he concured that they never let any of the city schools use the field. And I am pretty certain they would not want them, unless of course the Cleveland City Schools would pay a large fee to use their facilities, which they probably wouldn't be too crazy about. Expect it to be at a high school field.

I have never seen or heard of Case Institute of Technology/Western Reserve University allowing any high schools to use their field for any reason. My brother lived in the dormitories overlooking the stadium, so he was always around, and he concurred that they never let any of the city schools use the field. And I am pretty certain they would not want them, unless of course the Cleveland City Schools would pay a large fee to use their facilities, which they probably wouldn't be too crazy about. Expect it to be at a high school field.
That's about how I figured it too. I never heard of CWRU allowing City schools to play there. I'm sure we all know the reasons they don't even if they have no explicitly stated policy on it. The original poster suggested Euclid, which most years would be an excellent choice. Not too sure about this year though. Guess we'll see. Thanx for the input! (y)

Hopefully the Falcons are motivated by the way the Harding game went. Have to play with more fire this time of year. Get it in gear and make some noise in the post season.

Feels really odd for a 6-3 Fitch team to play a 1st round game on the road against a Senate League team…
In the days when making the playoffs meant something, the Falcons would be on the outside watching from home. It still feels odd that a 6-3 team win no wins over a team with a winning record is in the playoffs period.

I wonder?

Feels really odd for a 6-3 Fitch team to play a 1st round game on the road against a Senate League team…
The Fitch crowd will probably outnumber the home team 4 to 1 if not more so.
When I first saw this thread, I thought it was being held in Austintown. Ludicrous to think it's in Cleveland. :rolleyes:
Good luck to the Falcons! :banana::banana::banana: