Week 10. Girard (8-1) @ Liberty (7-2)

ICBM

Another playoff game for Girard. Win and they may get a 4 seed and a home game after sitting at #14 two weeks ago.
Last year Girard came into this game 9-0 to Libertys 7-2. Great expectations. Girard was a huge favorite. Things didn’t go as expected.
The sequel perhaps? The Indians better come in prepared. The win over LaBrae was huge. But did it drain the energy from the defense? There’s no room for error in this one. It could be sloppy. Only Girards third game on grass. (The first two didn’t go well). Slippery ball. Windy night. Cold hands. Pass oriented offense. Yikes. I’m scaring myself. Must win or the seasons a waisted effort.

Girard will clock them. Liberty isn’t nearly as good as last year and they had close games at half against Champion and Newton Falls before finally pulling away and Labrae easily crushed them.

They can just run all over liberty with waid. Struthers ran and this year it’s the weakest spot on the team for the cats. I don’t see Girard stumbling especially after losing the way they did last year

The defense for Girard has really improved with the new addition of the All Ohio kid playing linebacker now.

Indians crunch them.
They’re nowhere near as good as last year.

I’ve been surprised how Struthers handles them so easily in game one.
Then they finally wake up.

They don’t have a prayer tonight.

Now I’m worried about Hubbard. We need a Hubbard win and a Canfield win to get a home game.

Just read that the 2 teams won’t be playing each other anymore. That is a shame. Anyone know why? I know Liberty is D6 now but they still put out good teams.

White flight is real. At the same time I don't think you can blame parents for making decisions that they think is best for their kids. It is tough for the kids. Families in Youngstown try to get their kids to a better school like Liberty only to see the white kids in Liberty (and their tax dollars) flee to a school like Girard.

I don't know what ending the football game does. It is a competitive series.

I didn't even realize Liberty had open enrollment. Then I saw a Leopards yard sign in one of the mansions on 5th Ave. on the North Side (not in Liberty).

I think what Liberty is doing is shady business. They're going to lose those kids to Girard, Hubbard, or Ursuline anyway. But it is tough, and it's not like Liberty is a bad place to live. Outside of a few blocks right along Belmont and Gypsy the rest of the township is full of nice housing stock and plenty of land.

I didn't even realize Liberty had open enrollment. Then I saw a Leopards yard sign in one of the mansions on 5th Ave. on the North Side (not in Liberty).

I think what Liberty is doing is shady business. They're going to lose those kids to Girard, Hubbard, or Ursuline anyway. But it is tough, and it's not like Liberty is a bad place to live. Outside of a few blocks right along Belmont and Gypsy the rest of the township is full of nice housing stock and plenty of land.

I don’t think it is shady, they are trying to do what they think is best for their district and the students that go there. Same with Girard and the white families that are pulling their kids from Liberty.