Week 10: Austintown Fitch (8-1) vs Warren Harding (2-7)

The most crowded game I attended at Falcon stadium was not a Fitch game. It was YSU vs. Delaware. YSU was undefeated and on its way to the DII playoffs. Delaware was one of the best teams in DII also. We were up something like 33 or 35 -7. Delaware came out and threw all over the Guins for the win. At that game there was way over 10,000.
Wow cool.

The most crowded game I attended at Falcon stadium was not a Fitch game. It was YSU vs. Delaware. YSU was undefeated and on its way to the DII playoffs. Delaware was one of the best teams in DII also. We were up something like 33 or 35 -7. Delaware came out and threw all over the Guins for the win. At that game there was way over 10,000.
1979. The first of two matchups that year. I was at that game as well. My dad took me. It was a great atmosphere. I remember the Delaware fans just kept saying "this is a HS stadium?" Nothing in Delaware compared back then.

1979. The first of two matchups that year. I was at that game as well. My dad took me. It was a great atmosphere. I remember the Delaware fans just kept saying "this is a HS stadium?" Nothing in Delaware compared back then.
Kind of ironic that the offense that did in my Penguins that day and in the national chapionship would become the offense that I came to cherish for so many years.

When will they decide about the forfeit?
I just saw on Joe Eitel that they adjusted for the forfeits by Bennett. Fitch dropped to #4. It looks like they will be either 4 or 5 based on where everyone else is. The only change may be who hosts the 4/5 game assuming both teams make it that far.

I just hope it's not something where he would need surgery. He was having an all-state season, and that would have brought a bunch of offers for him.

Ohio ranks 7th in the country in population, but a lot of people are leaving the Mahoning Valley. The Columbus area is a popular destination. Hence, the rapid growth of its suburbs.
Yes, I misspoke on the Ohio population. I was looking at the Valley and then the fact that since the 1970's the population of the US has doubled while Ohio has had minimal growth. A few years of negative growth, but mostly single digit growth.

I didn't go to that game but I listened to it on radio. Thought it was in the bag.
I was at the Fitch Massillon game in 13. That was probably the most packed game I've witnessed at Fitch

Nov. 10, 1979 #1 Delaware at #2 YSU (@Austintown) 51-45 Delaware. Attendance 13,442. (According to Delaware)

Dec. 8, 1979 NCAA Division 2 National Championship @Albuquerque. 38-21 Delaware. Attendance 4,000.
*YSU was up 21-7 in 2nd quarter in that one. It's on youtube if anyone wants to watch it, surprisingly good quality for a game that was recorded 40+ years ago. Delaware was #1, YSU #2.

the stadium record at YSU was the 82 Fitch/ Mooney game until the TRessel Years. There was Over 16,000 people at that game.

How 'bout that!

Lol, some years back I was at the stadium for a Steubenville-Beaver Local playoff game and it was packed pretty tight. During the game Carano was on the PA begging people to "slide over" so others could sit. There wasnt an inch to be had anywhere and those announcements had people howling!

I have no idea who is still nursing injuries for Fitch,who plays or will still be rested,but I believe we have enough in the arsenal to still win comfortably, tho I expect to see Hardings best shot. It seemed they were in disarray a few weeks ago, but definitely still have my attention after the Chaney game. I'm expecting to see a similar game plan as Boardman used,a heavy dose of runs by Jett,mixing in some passes and rush attempts by the the RBs. Good luck to both sides. Unfortunately we will probably see another sad excuse for a crowd

Hudson only beat Harding 21-7, so I’m not sure why you would say that. Let’s at least see what happens tomorrow night.