Week 10: Austintown Fitch (8-1) vs Warren Harding (2-7)

Harding still has a lot of talent. They played a tight game against a very good Chaney team. They also played Hudson tough. I don't see this as a blowout. I don't know anything about the status of the injured players, but I suspect that if everyone dresses, they will be cautious.

It will be interesting to see how the NY teams forfeits affect Fitch's spot in the playoffs. Joeeitel.com has them up to 3rd right now, but hasn't adjusted level 2 points yet.

Harding still has a lot of talent. They played a tight game against a very good Chaney team. They also played Hudson tough. I don't see this as a blowout. I don't know anything about the status of the injured players, but I suspect that if everyone dresses, they will be cautious.

It will be interesting to see how the NY teams forfeits affect Fitch's spot in the playoffs. Joeeitel.com has them up to 3rd right now, but hasn't adjusted level 2 points yet.
Valid points you made.

Last year, Harding finished 5-6 with, statistically, the most explosive wide receiver duo that they ever had. One of which rarely saw the ball against Fitch last year because a certain someone thought that it was a bright idea to try to win without running any plays for him, but we all saw how that worked out.

Stevie Wonder saw this season’s struggles coming, but the kids play hard and won’t lay down. That’s about it.

This is another game that based upon the records, Fitch should win easily; but we all know better than that. I don't expect Fitch to be at full strength this week. I was shocked how many guys were out against Boardman. There were a bunch of numbers out there that I didn't recognize. Also realize that when a guy like James doesn't play, that is two spots missing because he goes both ways. I know Vaughn got hurt yesterday. Hopefully, it's not serious. Smith will fill in nicely at QB. In fact, I don't think there will be a drop off at all. Where we will hurt is at receiver, we will miss a guys how draws a lot of attention and is a very good blocker. We will also miss Vaughn at safety more than at QB. With him and Smith back their, it's a very tough defense to throw against. Again, I hope we can put them away early, but that is not likely to happen, and with maybe five starters and a couple of key backups out of the game, the backups are going to really need to play hard to get this victory.

This is another game that based upon the records, Fitch should win easily; but we all know better than that. I don't expect Fitch to be at full strength this week. I was shocked how many guys were out against Boardman. There were a bunch of numbers out there that I didn't recognize. Also realize that when a guy like James doesn't play, that is two spots missing because he goes both ways. I know Vaughn got hurt yesterday. Hopefully, it's not serious. Smith will fill in nicely at QB. In fact, I don't think there will be a drop off at all. Where we will hurt is at receiver, we will miss a guys how draws a lot of attention and is a very good blocker. We will also miss Vaughn at safety more than at QB. With him and Smith back their, it's a very tough defense to throw against. Again, I hope we can put them away early, but that is not likely to happen, and with maybe five starters and a couple of key backups out of the game, the backups are going to really need to play hard to get this victory.
Oh yes the Raiders will show up that's for sure. Not going to be an easy win at all. Falcons better be ready. Especially with the injuries.

Last years two games were a combined 77-61.
Fitch is averaging around 40 a game. Harding hasn’t scored more than 17 points in a game this season.
It will be tough sledding but you never know in HS Football.

Honestly, they don't have the skill players they had the last couple years either

Last year, Dalys Jett set a single season WGH record with 22 TD passes and we didn't throw the ball nearly as much as we should have.. As of this moment, his has 2 this season. I bet that certain individuals wish that we would've went all out in '21 like we should have.

Article says Bennett is forfeiting its first 6 games. They won 4 of those games and are a DI equivalent. That would be 2.6804 coming off of Fitch's average.

That likely puts them at the 4th or 5th seed, depending on how St. V. does against Walsh Jesuit. If St. V. beats Walsh Jesuit, then Fitch is likely to end up the 5th seed.

I have Fitch winning this weekend plus wins from Ursuline, Bennett, Strongsville, and Wadsworth. I'm also giving GlenOak the benefit of the doubt against Perry to arrive at a final average of 28.12. I have Hudson finishing at 28.7 (win plus a Nordonia win over Benedictine, their guaranteed points from week 10 league matchups are already figured into their min. win out average).

If St. V. beats Walsh to get to 28.25, they're likely ahead of Fitch. I'd also have St. V. as likely to get L2 points from Buchtel over Firestone, Ursuline over Mooney, and Cleveland Hts. over Shaker Hts.

If St. V. beats Walsh, I've got the top 5 seeds as:
1. Hoban
2. Riverside
3. St. V.
4. Hudson
5. Fitch

Last edited:
In that scenario Fitch will have Hudson on the road in round two of playoffs (assuming both take care of business in first round). I was hoping for the falcons to have two home playoff games but if that’s what plays out then on to Hudson. Nice stadium at Hudson by the way.

In that scenario Fitch will have Hudson on the road in round two of playoffs (assuming both take care of business in first round). I was hoping for the falcons to have two home playoff games but if that’s what plays out then on to Hudson. Nice stadium at Hudson by the way.
I hear ya on the 2 home games. Would be nice.

If I heard right, the Fitch starting QB is out for the year? I wish this wasn't true, he such a fine athlete. Like watching him play

Last years two games were a combined 77-61.
Fitch is averaging around 40 a game. Harding hasn’t scored more than 17 points in a game this season.
It will be tough sledding but you never know in HS Football.
Don't short change them now.🙂 They did score 24 against Boardman. But understand your point totally.

If I heard right, the Fitch starting QB is out for the year? I wish this wasn't true, he such a fine athlete. Like watching him play
Didn’t know this. Heard it was a lower body injury, but YSN does such a poor job with camera work that you can’t really see the play. Any more specifics?

I hope Vaughn is okay, and this is not serious. Like I said before, he will not be missed much at QB; but he will be missed on defense. Plus, we will lose a big receiver. One positive note is that now Smith will have the ball in his hands all the time. I personally think they don't use him enough.

Parker has to rally the troops and get them ready to play. Harding gets up for this game every year. Injuries are apart of the game. At one point last season there wasn’t a healthy varsity running back on the roster and Parker was able to guide the team thru it. If Vaughn is out or not I trust that the staff will have the Falcons ready to play Friday night. When Smith came into the game Friday night he was calm cool and collected! Him being a senior and having been in this position before there is no doubt in my mind the Falcons will be fine on both sides of the ball.

Smith was considered one of the top duel threat QBs when he was a freshman, so I am confident there. I hope that we are able to rest these guys for one or two more games.

Smith was considered one of the top duel threat QBs when he was a freshman, so I am confident there. I hope that we are able to rest these guys for one or two more games.
You have a awesome stadium .been there for track.What does it hold 12000,?

Maybe a little over 10,000. It's been a long time since that many people were jammed into it.
I believe they have always listed the seating at 10,000. Decades ago, with SRO, there have been approaching 15,000. Before they fenced the area in front of the home stands, that would be packed as well as all along the fence and stands full. Ahh, the good ole days, lol.

I believe they have always listed the seating at 10,000. Decades ago, with SRO, there have been approaching 15,000. Before they fenced the area in front of the home stands, that would be packed as well as all along the fence and stands full. Ahh, the good ole days, lol.
Yep people don't travel like they use to.

The most crowded game I attended at Falcon stadium was not a Fitch game. It was YSU vs. Delaware. YSU was undefeated and on its way to the DII playoffs. Delaware was one of the best teams in DII also. We were up something like 33 or 35 -7. Delaware came out and threw all over the Guins for the win. At that game there was way over 10,000.