We needed expanded playoffs for Covid with cancellations. Reduce it now.

ok there were 46 bottom table (under 8 seed) that won.
Most in any Region was 3, R3,R8,R9,R12,R15,R16,R17,R19,R26 (9 regions 27 dogs)
R1,R5,R14 AND R28 had None, Zero
R10,R18,R20 AND R27 HAD 2 ( 8 TOTAL)
R2,R4,R6,R7,R11,R13,R21,22,23,24,25, HAD 1 EACH ((11) TOTAL 46 IN 28 REGIONS AVERAGE 1.6 PER REGION

1 15 SEED THAT WON (LITTLE MIAMI)
1 14 SEED WON (EATON)
7 13 SEEDS WON
2 12 SEEDS
4 11 SEEDS
15 10 SEEDS
16 9 SEEDS 35 OF 46 WERE 11 AND ABOVE (76% OF WINNING DOGS)

(THE TREND BREAKER WAS 13 SEED WITH 7 ) 13 SEEMED TO BE THE LUCKY NUMBER

46 TOTAL

AFTER WEEK 2 THERE WILL BE NO SEED UNDER 10 STILL IN THE TOURNAMENT AND AFTER WEEK THREE THESE WILL ALL BE ELIMINATED

WANNA BET?

Weeks 1-10 used to be the first round of the playoffs. They’ve removed the carrot of making it, and replaced it with the stick of not making it.

46ish pretender teams that are gonna eat the curb in a week or two benefited from this this week but all 702 teams are hurt by this every other week they play. OHSAA took teams’ straightest measuring stick, the objectively most valuable stretch goal, not just against their competition but against themselves historically and turned it into a money grab.

Weeks 1-10 matter less now. Participation and attendance will continue to decline, not JUST because of the longer season of course but no snowflake in an avalanche ever takes responsibility.

And a home playoff game used to be the mothers milk of an AD budget, like a 20% bump from your headliner that normally only gives you 5 home games to suckle at. OHSAA took that too! They only used to take the walk up gate day of, but presale went all to the schools, then started at like $2 to Cbus, now it’s just like schools get Parking and concessions, eF off Columbus ya greedy golems. Schools will not be able to unwind this because once Columbus gets their taste they never stop being hungry.

Congrats to the few schools that get to lie to themselves for a week or two longer so OH$AA can get back to planning its next Hawaii ‘business’ trip a little sooner… I’m in a mood and I know the sport and teams and kids will be fine and all and it don’t matter but I disagree with anyone who thinks any of this is now in a better spot for anyone but like 20 or however many ngo plutocrat hogs there are in Columbus.
I used to agree with you completely until Little Miami beat Xenia last night. The Harbins consistently give high seeds to teams from the north end of Region 8 who haven’t seen anything close to Cincinnati area competion. So teams up north end up taking away a spot from a better team when the playoffs are limited to pre-Covid. Last night Little Miami beat Xenia who was 10-0 and a 2 seed per Harbins. Little Miami is seventh place in the ECC.

I used to agree with you completely until Little Miami beat Xenia last night. The Harbins consistently give high seeds to teams from the north end of Region 8 who haven’t seen anything close to Cincinnati area competion. So teams up north end up taking away a spot from a better team when the playoffs are limited to pre-Covid. Last night Little Miami beat Xenia who was 10-0 and a 2 seed per Harbins. Little Miami is seventh place in the ECC.
maybe Xenia had some key injuries, or the quarterback's GF broke up with him or something.

it's high school kids after all not professionals after all.

there are human condition things also going on in spite of football.

maybe Xenia had some key injuries, or the quarterback's GF broke up with him or something.

it's high school kids after all not professionals after all.

there are human condition things also going on in spite of football.
No this happens every year. Xenia, Troy, Tipp, you name it.

The expanded playoff corrects what’s the Harbins cannot, as long as those teams won’t go south for a non-conference game.

Little Miami got a program-defining win last night. You gave a school that doesn't ever get into the playoffs a chance to compete with the new format. That win probably meant so much to everybody involved. They would never get that chance if it were only 8 teams per region. This is what the expanding playoffs should be about... giving the little guys a CHANCE.

Little Miami got a program-defining win last night. You gave a school that doesn't ever get into the playoffs a chance to compete with the new format. That win probably meant so much to everybody involved. They would never get that chance if it were only 8 teams per region. This is what the expanding playoffs should be about... giving the little guys a CHANCE.
Yep agree! And Little Miami had to play WW, Kings and Anderson in the conference!

oh boy we barely won a playoff game but are going to get drilled next week or the week after

but we still have to go to football practice next week in the cold.

wow such fun!

"program defining win"

ROFLMAO

AFTER WEEK 2 THERE WILL BE NO SEED UNDER 10 STILL IN THE TOURNAMENT AND AFTER WEEK THREE THESE WILL ALL BE ELIMINATED
If this comes true, so what? No big deal. It would NOT mean they were not worthy of playing a tournament game.

Yeah, that's how it should play out in a 16-team regional tournament. Going by chalk, after week 2 there shouldn't be any seed lower than a 4 remaining and after week 3 only seeds 1 & 2 should remain.

Not much has changed other than an extra week of games.

Let the lower seed winners enjoy their victories.

If this comes true, so what? No big deal. It would NOT mean they were not worthy of playing a tournament game.

Yeah, that's how it should play out in a 16-team regional tournament. Going by chalk, after week 2 there shouldn't be any seed lower than a 4 remaining and after week 3 only seeds 1 & 2 should remain.

an extra week of games, expenses, injuries, and for what?

NOTHING. for media companies to feed on the unpaid child labor in the entertainment industry.

it would be different if they kicked 50% back to the school districts to help pay for the unpaid talent's higher education

oh no, we can't have THAT.

thats right so what. so what if it doesn't come true, it's STILL so what?

exactly

in the end, its supposed to be for fun. that's all it is.

its the kiddie NFL. except nobody gets paid anything. the players get paid in pretend money.

You're just a miserable person.
Gene Wilder Nonsense GIF by MOODMAN

yeah I'm just a kid a Xenia player who couldn't sleep last night I was so emotionally disturbed over losing to a 15 seed.

what a disgrace, it was a program defining game for us.

we will never live it down.

Xenia is now the laughingstock of Ohio High School Football.

especially when it gets cold, full contact tackle football isn't that much fun anymore, especially after you've already played ten games and aren't getting squat out of it, you're just a semi scrub on a little podunk school team that isn't going anywhere and everybody knows it.

the hits hurt a lot more when it's cold, and kids get sick of all that rah rah rah nonsense .

if we win we have to go to football practice next week, if we lose we're done with it finally.

lets lose and hurry up and get it over with
Tell me you're a loser without telling me you're a loser.

no the poor kid has to go to football practice for another week and get mercy clocked on Friday night is the loser, not me.

i don't have to go through that humiliation. and crying on the sidelines and stuff. the cheerleaders cry sometimes when getting mercy clocked.

the poor kid on the low seeded team that gave a heroic effort to win in overtime, has to go play some team that got a cream puff in the first round and the starters were out resting in the 3rd quarter,

they're not all beat up like he is. that kid is the loser.

Harbins got the #1 - #6 seeds right most of the time but less than half the time for #7 and #8.

If there's truly need to shrink the playoffs to prevent injuries, etc., then take 6 per Region and give 1-2 a first-round bye. If byes are unacceptable, then throw all the other names of 0.500 teams in a bag and pick at random. The data shows random selection would be better than Harbins for #7 and #8 seeds. Maybe a good game of rock, paper, scissors or Simon Sez.

the poor kid on the low seeded team that gave a heroic effort to win in overtime, has to go play some team that got a cream puff in the first round and the starters were out resting in the 3rd quarter,

they're not all beat up like he is. that kid is the loser.
So now you're calling kids losers?
You really are a loser.

1: the any player can get racked up walking through the halls, or any other sport, false equivalency. No, a person playing full contact tackle football is infinitely more likely to get seriously injured than a person playing tennis. or bowling. or golf, or cross country etc.

your second sentence makes no sense whatsoever.
Well let’s cancel football then. Probably should just go to flag. It’s to scary for our kids to play