WCAL Football 2023

Who will win the WCAL

• Total voters
And your point still don't understand why so hostile towards Garaway, I give Dalton a tone of credit scheduling Kirkland and Moggy. I still have a alot of respect for Dalton. My post about the QB was a joke. Sorry I struck a nerve.
I was trying to remember the Garaway honk that argues with every objective post about Sugar Creek. Welcome back.

I’ve been very complimentary about Wallick’s program. The Pirates could have hung 70 on Dalton and I would have been very non-bothered.

If I don’t have a problem w/ Garaway. Then context clues lead me to taking issue with…?

I was trying to remember the Garaway honk that argues with every objective post about Sugar Creek. Welcome back.

I’ve been very complimentary about Wallick’s program. The Pirates could have hung 70 on Dalton and I would have been very non-bothered.

If I don’t have a problem w/ Garaway. Then context clues lead me to taking issue with…?
I think it is very weak of them to take their ball and go home when they think they are gonna be down they can deal out beatings but don't want to take em
Very weak in my opinion

Did Tuslaw find a “guaranteed win” to replace Dalton on the their schedule yet? Talk about bulletin board material for whoever plays Tuslaw that week.
Not sure there is a guaranteed win for Tuslaw these days. This has to be considered a low point in their sports history. They dropped Dalton in football and basketball. It seems like a completely misguided decision. The tide will always turn at these small schools.

I think it is very weak of them to take their ball and go home when they think they are gonna be down they can deal out beatings but don't want to take em
Very weak in my opinion
I mean yea their not going to be as talented as last year but still should make some noise in the playoffs. What do you mean we still play Bellaire and Carrollton plus our conference that has Ridgewood and Indian Valley. Lol the contract was up btw. To take our ball and leave is funny. I mean you did agree with flag then post this. And I really could give two hoots what he thinks about me, really sad but can't make everyone happy.

I mean yea their not going to be as talented as last year but still should make some noise in the playoffs. What do you mean we still play Bellaire and Carrollton plus our conference that has Ridgewood and Indian Valley. Lol the contract was up btw. To take our ball and leave is funny. I mean you did agree with flag then post this. And I really could give two hoots what he thinks about me, really sad but can't make everyone happy.
Garaway has dominated their series with Dalton on the gridiron for awhile now. I just figured they were looking for a more competitive opponent. Who are they playing instead of Dalton?

I mean yea they’re not going to be as talented as last year but still should make some noise in the playoffs. What do you mean we still play Bellaire and Carrollton plus our conference that has Ridgewood and Indian Valley. Lol the contract was up btw. To take our ball and leave is funny. I mean you did agree with flag then post this. And I really could give two hoots what he thinks about me, really sad but can't make everyone happy.
I get it. You and dead owls don’t give a hoot. Terrific. I see you’re still “all-in” on Bellaire & Carrollton being a solid schedule. (It isn’t.)

After the instant classic with SR in ‘21 and returning almost everybody last year, the talent ceiling was sky high as were the expectations…

I posted that Garaway had a weak schedule and you wanted to argue about it. You told me how tough Bellaire was…(much improved but not dynamic, and potentially right back to the basement after losing their 6th year QB)

Then you jumped on the game thread to let the Bellaire faithful know that Garaway was in a different class than they were and would likely win by 3 TD’s.

WHICH WAS THE POINT I WAS MAKING ABOUT THE PARTICULARLY SOFT SCHEDULE OF GARAWAY.

In fairness, I kind of expected you to input the search terms to find that Wallick quip and come chirp at me. Honestly wouldn’t feel the same if you didn’t. Kudos

I mean yea they're not going to be as talented as last year but still should make some noise in the playoffs. What do you mean we still play Bellaire and Carrollton plus our conference that has Ridgewood and Indian Valley. Lol the contract was up btw. To take our ball and leave is funny. I mean you did agree with flag then post this. And I really could give two hoots what he thinks about me, really sad but can't make everyone happy.
Definitely can't make everyone happy. I'm not talking about Garaway schedule as a whole or the non conference. I mean everyone knew they were supposed to be good last year. Everyone knows they lost a lot off that team. Wallick was ok with playing Dalton when he is strong but he wanted out when he loses a lot of talent.

Reminds me of the bully who's a badass when he has a lot of buddies but when they all leave he runs away 😂😂😂😂

Definitely can't make everyone happy. I'm not talking about Garaway schedule as a whole or the non conference. I mean everyone knew they were supposed to be good last year. Everyone knows they lost a lot off that team. Wallick was ok with playing Dalton when he is strong but he wanted out when he loses a lot of talent.

Reminds me of the bully who's a badass when he has a lot of buddies but when they all leave he runs away 😂😂😂😂
TBH, regardless of what this year would have brought with Garaway - I'm not sad about the series ending. A lot more pzazz to playing Kirtland and Moggy anyways.

Don't be surprised if you see a Dalton/Manchester series if Manchester can get back to its winning ways under new coach Kevin Stacy. I believe Stacy was the QB and Dial was the Center for the only final four football team at Northwest back in the early 2000s.

The contract was up you are something else Lol

TBH, regardless of what this year would have brought with Garaway - I'm not sad about the series ending. A lot more pzazz to playing Kirtland and Moggy anyways.

Don't be surprised if you see a Dalton/Manchester series if Manchester can get back to its winning ways under new coach Kevin Stacy. I believe Stacy was the QB and Dial was the Center for the only final four football team at Northwest back in the early 2000s.
The pzazz of the Moggy, Kirtland series will probably go the same way the Garaway series went too LOL... Some of the comments in this thread have made me roll my eyes so hard hahaha

The pzazz of the Moggy, Kirtland series will probably go the same way the Garaway series went too LOL... Some of the comments in this thread have made me roll my eyes so hard hahaha
I wasn't referring to wins boss. Dalton will very very likely go 0-2 against Kirtland and could go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 against Moggy over the next 2 years. Just was never excited about the Garaway series to begin with personally. The only exciting thing about Garaway, is the pizza out front. IVC football isn't exactly setting the world on fire.....

I wasn't referring to wins boss. Dalton will very very likely go 0-2 against Kirtland and could go 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 against Moggy over the next 2 years. Just was never excited about the Garaway series to begin with personally. The only exciting thing about Garaway, is the pizza out front. IVC football isn't exactly setting the world on fire.....
Neither is the WCL 😂😆

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

A little change of topic: what are peoples thoughts on expanding the WCAL to include Orrville and Triway? In a lot of ways it would be a good fit. There would be some natural rivalries and many of the league members already cross over and play these two schools. I think it would work for many sports both Girls and Boys.

A little change of topic: what are peoples thoughts on expanding the WCAL to include Orrville and Triway? In a lot of ways it would be a good fit. There would be some natural rivalries and many of the league members already cross over and play these two schools. I think it would work for many sports both Girls and Boys.
I think Orrville and Triway would fit nicely in the WCAL. Orrville and Triway used to be above the WCAL level of competition in the main sports, but I think those days are long gone. Orrville and Triway seem to be prone to the same peaks and valleys that every small school experiences these days. Having a 10 team league would really cut down on the non conference schedule in every sport unless you split the league into divisions. Some might see fewer non league games as a positive while others might see it as a negative. Would the WCAL schools be willing to accept Orrville and Triway as members? Would either Orrville or Triway (or both) want to join the WCAL? It makes a ton of sense when it comes to school size and travel.

I think Orrville and Triway would fit nicely in the WCAL. Orrville and Triway used to be above the WCAL level of competition in the main sports, but I think those days are long gone. Orrville and Triway seem to be prone to the same peaks and valleys that every small school experiences these days. Having a 10 team league would really cut down on the non conference schedule in every sport unless you split the league into divisions. Some might see fewer non league games as a positive while others might see it as a negative. Would the WCAL schools be willing to accept Orrville and Triway as members? Would either Orrville or Triway (or both) want to join the WCAL? It makes a ton of sense when it comes to school size and travel.
Soooo....while it makes sense, I condemn all these types of discussions. I'm also a PAC-7 fan and that would wreck that league lol

An 8 team league is perfect. No need for expansion.

Agree that Orrville & Triway are very WCAL-like schools these days. From a competition perspective, can't see that it would do anything to hurt the WCAL. Might help to break the stranglehold that Norwayne & Dalton have on the league.

All that said, WCAL is a "model" conference that any small school league in Ohio outside of the MAC should be jealous of. Can't imagine there's any reason to change it now.