Wadsworth GIT (Saturday 1/25)

You make the call. Take down or not.
behind waist. Hand on mat
Twooooo
1580082080072.jpeg

No two. Whizzer matters in this situation and appears to be in deep the whole time until right before getting flung out of bounds.

The bigger issue for me is control. To have that he needs to restrain the bottom man. Could be wrong, but if he had restraint, there wouldn't have been the need for the fling. Top wrestler should have been able to keep that man in the down position way beyond the amount of time they were there if he really had control. Add in reaction time and that seals it for me. Tough and close call.

No two. Whizzer matters in this situation and appears to be in deep the whole time until right before getting flung out of bounds.

The bigger issue for me is control. To have that he needs to restrain the bottom man. Could be wrong, but if he had restraint, there wouldn't have been the need for the fling. Top wrestler should have been able to keep that man in the down position way beyond the amount of time they were there if he really had control. Add in reaction time and that seals it for me. Tough and close call.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. No two. No control beyond reaction time. Looks like both wrestlers didn't think it was a take down.

Walker is the same kid who posted on social media that he wanted to meet Manchester's head coach in a dark alley after Manchester beat CVCA in football this year. So, I'm seeing a trend here.

I am obviously biased but Shaffer Vs Fields in the same pool was not seeded properly. 5-4 match should have been the finals.
Looking at the seeding criteria it looks like it was seeded correctly to me. How was it not done properly ShafferDad?

Where was Shaffer last year? I am not being mean or funny. I see he had no criteria (I know why Fields and Lilliard had no criteria).

The seeding was criteria based. Fields, Lilliard and Shaffer only had record to go off of.
There was a state placer and a state qualifier as the 1 and 2 seed, I can't see putting either of them in from of them.
Next was record. Fields had the best record of the non state qualifiers. so he was the 3 seed,
Lilliard and Hicks had better records than Shaffer.

It looks to me like it was seeded properly, but Fields, Lilliard, and Shaffer out wrestled their seeds.

I am obviously biased but Shaffer Vs Fields in the same pool was not seeded properly. 5-4 match should have been the finals.
Wait ... Hold the phone ... "odd" seeding at Wadsworth?!? Say it ain't so!

My kids' team went every year, and the contortions they would use to land their kids good seeds was almost comical (potentially maddening?). Also from a position of bias ... my kid was nationally ranked, and wrestled another nationally ranked kid IN THE SEMIS. Guess which team was the beneficiary of NOT having to wrestle either of those guys? (My kid won, so the situation tended toward "comical" rather than "infuriating." All depends on your point of view!)

I once mentioned it to our coach, and he laughed and said that they knew it and expected it. Still lots of very good competition, so well-worth the trip!

Looking at the seeding criteria it looks like it was seeded correctly to me. How was it not done properly ShafferDad?

Where was Shaffer last year? I am not being mean or funny. I see he had no criteria (I know why Fields and Lilliard had no criteria).

The seeding was criteria based. Fields, Lilliard and Shaffer only had record to go off of.
There was a state placer and a state qualifier as the 1 and 2 seed, I can't see putting either of them in from of them.
Next was record. Fields had the best record of the non state qualifiers. so he was the 3 seed,
Lilliard and Hicks had better records than Shaffer.

It looks to me like it was seeded properly, but Fields, Lilliard, and Shaffer out wrestled their seeds.
Shaffer was injured last year recovering from shoulder reconstruction. The 3 best kids were by far Fields, Shaffer and Lillard. It really is not important in the grand scheme of life but the match for 3/4 was horrible.