W.O.A.C.

I am a believer in this awesome team. The Arrows are 13-0, and doing this with less than 30 players from what I hear... Wow! I believe this is a magical team. Should have beat Roger Bacon by 2 or 3 scores. Nice win for the Preble Shawnee faithful on here!

One of the most thrilling games I have had the pleasure to watch. Sometimes the will to win prevails. Shawnee showed a lot of heart tonight. Roger Bacon was the real deal - state semi-finalists last year, the team seems to be rising to the level of their competition. Congrats to the Arrows - ride this wave as long as you can.

Doran and Crockett are the real deal. Roger Bacon really struggled to tackle them. Greenon only stayed in that game because they had a good game plan to contain them and tackle well.

I think Preble is going to put their best foot forward next week and play hard but Versailles has been my pick to win the region since last December. Versailles is too well coached and has too much depth. game will be 14-7 at half and Versailles will wear Preble down after that.

prediction: Versailles 28 Preble Shawnee 14

fun fact: these two teams were slated to play last year in the 2nd round, but Shawnee forfeited the day of. no running away this time ;)

I am a believer in this awesome team. The Arrows are 13-0, and doing this with less than 30 players from what I hear... Wow! I believe this is a magical team. Should have beat Roger Bacon by 2 or 3 scores. Nice win for the Preble Shawnee faithful on here!
Two of those turnovers I thought would be back breakers, Doran is something else and always plays his heart out, no doubt tonight he was the best player on the field but can’t make those two bad throws next week.

Incredible win by a team that never gave up. Some thoughts

-Field position favored Bacon for much of the night, they were able to pin Shawnee inside their own 10 multiple times and many of those times Shawnee was unable to flip the field. A “squib” punt with little hang time led to Bacons first points of the evening. Bacon clearly won the special teams battle for much of the night.

Turnovers need cleaned up, as Shawnee could have pulled away in the third Quarter, they had begun wearing Bacon down on the ground.

our defensive front has been the strength of the defense all season and that didn’t change tonight. Multiple stuffed runs throughout the game.

Team has a punchers chance against Versailles next week, but they have to clean up the turnovers and can’t get forced to drive the length of the field all night. They’ll be the underdog again, but I think we like that right ?

Incredible win by a team that never gave up. Some thoughts

-Field position favored Bacon for much of the night, they were able to pin Shawnee inside their own 10 multiple times and many of those times Shawnee was unable to flip the field. A “squib” punt with little hang time led to Bacons first points of the evening. Bacon clearly won the special teams battle for much of the night.

Turnovers need cleaned up, as Shawnee could have pulled away in the third Quarter, they had begun wearing Bacon down on the ground.

our defensive front has been the strength of the defense all season and that didn’t change tonight. Multiple stuffed runs throughout the game.

Team has a punchers chance against Versailles next week, but they have to clean up the turnovers and can’t get forced to drive the length of the field all night. They’ll be the underdog again, but I think we like that right ?
Underdog squared for Versailles game. Definitely a chance, though I thought the Bacon game would be a 60/40 chance, this one I'll go with 95/5. I've seen it happen before, but is difficult in football. The mere fact WOAC has a team in the regional finals is impressive.

I'll be pulling for coach Jones and the Tigers in this one. Would be cool to see Arrows score though as Tri Village and Riverside have combined for 0 points vs their MAC opponents this week. Keeping it from getting to a running clock would be huge for Shawnee. I'll hope for something in the order of 28 - 7.

Doran and Crockett are the real deal. Roger Bacon really struggled to tackle them. Greenon only stayed in that game because they had a good game plan to contain them and tackle well.

I think Preble is going to put their best foot forward next week and play hard but Versailles has been my pick to win the region since last December. Versailles is too well coached and has too much depth. game will be 14-7 at half and Versailles will wear Preble down after that.

prediction: Versailles 28 Preble Shawnee 14

fun fact: these two teams were slated to play last year in the 2nd round, but Shawnee forfeited the day of. no running away this time ;)
Roger Bacon beat Versailles last year, but all teams are different this year

I'm here to admit I'm wrong. Congrats to Shawnee. Impressive win. Bacon was a very good program that you beat. That win validated your season.
Pulling for you vs Mighty Versailles.

Seems to be some sour grapes from the ol Roger Bacon ball coach..

He might what watch the tape before making foolish statements like that, he wasn’t down he landed on a Roger Bacon player with a official looking right at it, wasn’t even on his side of the field. Bottom line is Shawnee after one big run in the 1st half completely shut down the run after that.

Seems to be some sour grapes from the ol Roger Bacon ball coach..

I certainly thought he was down and I was very close to where the play happened. Even he thought he had been tackled and it wasn’t until the coaches started chirping at him that he took off again. Things like that happen, and didn’t end up deciding the game

I certainly thought he was down and I was very close to where the play happened. Even he thought he had been tackled and it wasn’t until the coaches started chirping at him that he took off again. Things like that happen, and didn’t end up deciding the game
Congrats to Preble! You guys deserve it! That was an outstanding fan showing last night.

I hope this does not take away from the win but it definitely seemed like he was down. You could argue a few calls as well that took points off of the board but Bacon flat out didn’t play good and you guys played better. Spartans have been inconsistent and not well coached all. year. long. The offense can’t score outside of the big plays created by superior skill athletes and the defense was bound to bend at some point. Good luck versus the Tigers!

I've found that Cincinnati schools feel superior to Dayton schools no matter the records. Indian Hill still feels they would've beat MU on a dry field.
Don't worry about what they think. Versailles is a better team than Bacon.

I've found that Cincinnati schools feel superior to Dayton schools no matter the records. Indian Hill still feels they would've beat MU on a dry field.
That whole article from the RB coach sounded like loser talk. I don’t think anyone that matters for Preble Shawnee cares what excuse the RB coaching staff is coming up with, but I can tell you one fact of why they lost, is they got dominated in the run game over 450 yards on the ground for the Arrows you don’t usually win games giving up that many yards on the ground.

That whole article from the RB coach sounded like loser talk. I don’t think anyone that matters for Preble Shawnee cares what excuse the RB coaching staff is coming up with, but I can tell you one fact of why they lost, is they got dominated in the run game over 450 yards on the ground for the Arrows you don’t usually win games giving up that many yards on the ground.
This is not new and it’s sad to see from the coach of a team you root for and expect to compete yearly in the region. Bacon had multiple chances to put the game out of reach but failed to do so. The offense stalled out like it has every game I’ve attended. If you stop them on defense then you win. Bacon got 5 turnovers but couldn’t hold up against the run later in the game after wearing down. I know that going and telling a sob story to the paper doesn’t do anything!

This is not new and it’s sad to see from the coach of a team you root for and expect to compete yearly in the region. Bacon had multiple chances to put the game out of reach but failed to do so. The offense stalled out like it has every game I’ve attended. If you stop them on defense then you win. Bacon got 5 turnovers but couldn’t hold up against the run later in the game after wearing down. I know that going and telling a sob story to the paper doesn’t do anything!
do you think blaut is struggling to adjust without Kiner?

do you think blaut is struggling to adjust without Kiner?
Bacon struggled WITH Kiner. Rumor is that the father almost pulled him out of Bacon because of how abused he would get in the backfield.

It is shameful because they have had guys in the skill positions who are real threats since before Kiner arrived. Even now they have those guys but the offense does nothing with them. If they did not break out for big plays we probably do not score this year.

The move to the MVC was not because Bacon couldn’t compete athletically but because Bacon gets out-coached ever year.

Bacon struggled WITH Kiner. Rumor is that the father almost pulled him out of Bacon because of how abused he would get in the backfield.

It is shameful because they have had guys in the skill positions who are real threats since before Kiner arrived. Even now they have those guys but the offense does nothing with them. If they did not break out for big plays we probably do not score this year.

The move to the MVC was not because Bacon couldn’t compete athletically but because Bacon gets out-coached ever year.
That's a frustrating position to be in. Bacon, being it's a parochial school situated in Cincinnati should be top-shelf every year. Even with the other parochials surrounding them.
Shawnee played physical football, like Milton did vs Indian Hill. It was successful.
Bacon and Indian Hill will be back and they will find success, no doubt

Preble Shawnee continues its march in the state playoffs with a quality win over a perennial powerhouse – number 2 seeded Roger Bacon. The Roger Bacon Spartans are the defending Regional Champs of 2020, but they will be in the stands this year as the Arrows won in come from behind fashion 35-28. With the win this will advance them to the Regional finals against Versailles.

Uncharacteristically for the Arrows, they turned over the ball 4 times on the night. They gave up 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles. You don't want to give gifts to a quality team and that is what Shawnee....

Summary and pics at: Chris Tilton Sports

Congrats to TV on a fine season and nice playoff run. It's probably even more impressive to see how they responded to adversity hitting immediately by losing Sarver early in Week 1. Keating did a fine job filling in for him this season and the team itself kept everything moving forward.

Preble Shawnee has been a pleasant surprise this season. The wins over Greenon, Williamsburg, and now Roger Bacon solidify their record is no fluke. Before the season even began I picked Versailles to win R20. Shawnee has an opportunity to in the Regional Finals. Good luck to the Arrows!