W.O.A.C.

OutsideTheWire

The Cross County Conference is parting ways. The new Western Ohio Athletic Conference will be the new home for many CCC Teams. What is everyone's thoughts on how this new conference will filter out? TV was the last CCC CHAMPS, will the be the first WOAC CHAMPS?

Ansonia, Arcanum, Bradford, Franklin Monroe, Mississinawa Valley, National Trail, Newton, Tri-County North, Tri-Village and Twin Valley South from the CCC and Dixie and Preble Shawnee

joe51391

I'll give my very early predictions

1. TV - Should be a very good team.
2. Arcanum - Still loaded with a lot of young talent.
3. TCN - Young but very talented much like Arcanum.
4. PS - Should be solid and with an easier schedule could make a playoff run.
5. NT - They seem to always have a good team but just can't put it together.
6. Ansonia - This is always a program that could be really good or really average so I feel 2-6 is where they could end up.
7. Dixie - Give them a few years and they could put together a solid program.
8. TVS - They have a very similar program like NT big numbers but can't put it together.
9. MV - They were good last year (for their standards) can they do it 2 years in a row.
10. Bradford - Just saying Bradford and football makes it last place.

I know some people want to put the WOAC down but right now they have 6 teams who have a legit chance of making the playoffs and being pretty solid. DIxie and TVS have the kids to be really good they just need to buy into it. Bradford and MV seem to be lost causes. I know they have success from time to time but almost every year they are in the cellar.

Bradford MV
2020 1-9 2-8
2019 0-10 7-4
2018 0-10 4-6
2017 0-10 1-9
2016 3-7* 0-10
2015 4-6* 0-10
2014 no team 0-9
2013 0-10 2-8
2012 8-2 0-10
2011 5-5 0-10
2010 5-5 1-9

*no CCC schedule

That's pretty pathetic!

StateChampion2012

6. Ansonia - This is always a program that could be really good or really average so I feel 2-6 is where they could end up.
8. TVS - They have a very similar program like NT big numbers but can't put it together.
9. MV - They were good last year (for their standards) can they do it 2 years in a row.

I know some people want to put the WOAC down but right now they have 6 teams who have a legit chance of making the playoffs and being pretty solid. DIxie and TVS have the kids to be really good they just need to buy into it. Bradford and MV seem to be lost causes. I know they have success from time to time but almost every year they are in the cellar.

Bradford MV
2020 1-9 2-8
2019 0-10 7-4
2018 0-10 4-6
2017 0-10 1-9
2016 3-7* 0-10
2015 4-6* 0-10
2014 no team 0-9
2013 0-10 2-8
2012 8-2 0-10
2011 5-5 0-10
2010 5-5 1-9

*no CCC schedule

That's pretty pathetic!
When it comes to Bradford and Mississinawa Valley, they should be playing 8 Man football. Or worse... Especially Bradford. Overall I like this new league.

Will FM or Newton consider football with now being in a conference without covington, miami east, etc? This is a confrence that they could start a program in without worry of getting completely throttled and hurt

fromdowntown

Bradford MV
2020 1-9 2-8
2019 0-10 7-4
2018 0-10 4-6
2017 0-10 1-9
2016 3-7* 0-10
2015 4-6* 0-10
2014 no team 0-9
2013 0-10 2-8
2012 8-2 0-10
2011 5-5 0-10
2010 5-5 1-9

*no CCC schedule

That's pretty pathetic!
It wasn't a CCC game at the time, but Bradford actually played TV this year and won, came back and scored like 50 on them.

joe51391

I would say this is probably a no. Both are soccer schools with very few kids to spread around.
I might disagree a little on FM. I've always said if TV and FM had football they would have solid programs as they always have a great base of athletes at both schools. TV started a program and are now considered top dogs so anything is possible.

joe51391

will be a good basketball league but poor football league across the board. it’s hard to argue otherwise.
There are some solid football programs across the board with loads of tradition. TCN and Ansonia had some very good teams in the 2010's, Arcanum and TV will be a force the next few years. PS and NT should improve and Dixie and TVS have great athletes but can just never seem to put it together. Then you have MV and Bradford.

joe51391

I would love to see them have a 1 out of conference game 8 in conference games and a conference championship/standings matchup week (1 plays 2, 3 plays 4.......). I don't know if anyone else does this in the state but the CCC did it last year and I thought it was great.

ghsknightsfan

I would love to see them have a 1 out of conference game 8 in conference games and a conference championship/standings matchup week (1 plays 2, 3 plays 4.......). I don't know if anyone else does this in the state but the CCC did it last year and I thought it was great.
having 3 OOC games allowed the schools to schedule games that they can gain harbin points from. playing 9 conference games helps no one. of course, teams that don’t plan on realistically contending for a playoff spot can schedule other conference teams those first 3 weeks if they please.

the thing i dont like about the week 10 championship idea is rematches. no one wants to play a team twice in the regular season. this only could work in a league with 2, 8 team divisions. everyone gets 7 division games and then they play a team with the same standing in the other division week 10. but then you run into the issue of how many home and away games each school has. it’s just not a good idea.

dograt

I believe the state does not give Harbins for a rematch. Not 100% on that, I'm sure someone can help me out with that.

Rangerfan

I believe the state does not give Harbins for a rematch. Not 100% on that, I'm sure someone can help me out with that.
Harbins are indeed awarded for a second matchup between teams. Not a problem.

I do believe the state has a deadline for scheduling games, in order to prevent teams from adding last minute week nine and ten games to manipulate the computer points. It might be possible that a prescheduled league championship week could be allowed, but you would have to check with the OSHAA.

dograt

I do believe the state has a deadline for scheduling games, in order to prevent teams from adding last minute week nine and ten games to manipulate the computer points. It might be possible that a prescheduled league championship week could be allowed, but you would have to check with the OSHAA.
ahhh, that might be what I was thinking about. Since it is not scheduled before week 9 was complete, no Harbins. Maybe the OHSAA would allow it, maybe not.
Seems like a bad idea to me anyway. 1 team will be getting more points, and 1 pretty good team is guaranteed a loss in week 10 when they are fighting to make it in. Same with #3 and #4. Seems like it could hurt the league more than help it.