VASJ Vikings Basketball 2019-20

Bball216

People thought we were joking. The team needs leadership. Euclid played aggressive and deserved the win tonight.

People thought we were joking. The team needs leadership. Euclid played aggressive and deserved the win tonight.
That is your observation? Leadership? The coach told you about the supposed lack of leaders. There is something much bigger. Can you state what it is because it will take knowledge of the game and the balls/guts to make people uncomfortable with the truth.

C'Town216

Ho Lee Fuk... Pretty shocked by this. Didn't think Euclid had much this year with Garvin transferring.
Euclid was clearly the better team and better coached. I’ve said this many times that once the talent pool drained further away from c/o 2015, that Babe wouldn’t be able to hide his coaching flaws behind once in a decade talent. There are reasons why we never beat St.Ed’s, consistently owned by Ignatius with the exception of a couple of seasons, and usually out smarted by Dru Joyce. It all stems from coaching. Same thing happened with Woj, he could never beat the Ed’s or the Iggy’s and get over that hump without good talent. I get it’s one game and time will be the judge, but I really feel this season will end at Lakeside this season.

C'Town216

VASJ took down John Adams 93-50 at the Great Lakes Classic over at Cleveland Hts earlier this afternoon. The Vikes play next at Shaw on the 3rd. 7:30 tip off

Euclid was clearly the better team and better coached. I’ve said this many times that once the talent pool drained further away from c/o 2015, that Babe wouldn’t be able to hide his coaching flaws behind once in a decade talent. There are reasons why we never beat St.Ed’s, consistently owned by Ignatius with the exception of a couple of seasons, and usually out smarted by Dru Joyce. It all stems from coaching. Same thing happened with Woj, he could never beat the Ed’s or the Iggy’s and get over that hump without good talent. I get it’s one game and time will be the judge, but I really feel this season will end at Lakeside this season.
The 2017 title team had 1 small school D1 guy and a bunch of neighborhood kids, so that blows up your theory that he cant coach. How much less DI talent do you want to see to demonstrate coaching? With that said, please explain to us with what those coaching "flaws" are, and since youre an expert, what YOU would have done differently last night against Euclid with the guys you had available.

Last edited:

Bball216

Joe's will be OK. I think it might take a bit longer to figure it out then in years past - but that is OK. There is talent in the program - it's just young. I dont think it was coaching that cost VASJ the Euclid game but rather sloppy play, turnovers, defensive breakdowns and some clutch shooting from Euclid. We have been spoiled for 10 years in Viking Village with elite talent - that does not last forever. If many of the kids who transferred out would have stayed the Vikings would be one of the top teams in Ohio. It is what it is. The staff will figure things out as will the players. I'm not a fair weather fan. I support the team win or lose.

cardzfan1234

VASJ drops season opener to Euclid 75-80. This is VASJ’s first loss since December 2010 to the Panthers.
This was an absolute shocker. Euclid was a senior-laden team last year. Their only non-senior starter was their best player (Garvin Clarke), who transferred to Heights. TJ steps down. I expected Euclid to really struggle this year. Maybe they still will. But a win over VASJ is an impressive and unexpected start to the season. I plan to watch Mentor at Euclid this week. I'm curious to see how they are under the new coach and a completely new varsity roster.

cvctrackfan

The Vikings need to get more athletic on the defensive end. Also their bigs don’t produce much. Two guys take On most of the offensive load. I know Rodgers is fast but you have to stop that drive and dish.

C'Town216

The Vikings need to get more athletic on the defensive end. Also their bigs don’t produce much. Two guys take On most of the offensive load. I know Rodgers is fast but you have to stop that drive and dish.
This is probably the worst team we’ve had since 2008-09. A lot of youth, there will be a lot of growing pains this season