Usher's Halftime Performance

Yes I’m sure a couple of their songs are still played in locker rooms and weight rooms but AC/DC was formed in 1973. In 2022 the median age in the USA was 38.9. Only old people want to see a bunch of old guys (65+ years of age) stand in one spot on stage for 20 minutes. It’s about the viewers and the viewers who the advertisers covet: Young adults 25-40ish who spend $$$ is the target market. A 50 year old band is probably not the first choice to reach these people.

I could see a country all star lineup possibly working. Luke Combs is popular and he could do the Cars song w/ Tracy Chapman, Lainey Wilson and maybe another big act. Something current, popular, south of 50 years old.
this part of Ohio must be different, still hear ACDC in at least football locker rooms and weight rooms...

I'm officially old and out of touch. I just read Post Malone's wiki page. Honestly, I've only heard of the guy a few times. Didn't realize he has had such a lengthy career so far. I was a little taken back when they showed him at the SB later and he's got all the tats on his face. I guess it really shows you how far we've come as a country in a lot of ways.
How has our country changed based on a musician having a face tattoo? Does it affect his vocal cords?

this part of Ohio must be different, still hear ACDC in at least football locker rooms and weight rooms...

I agree, where I am from AC/DC is played in the locker room & weight room. How often do you think AC/DC is played the locker room or weight room at Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, Georgia or any other D1 school? How often in any NFL locker room?

Again, the locker room a ACDC is played in is probably the demographics that American advertisers are willing to pay $7 mil for 30 second tv spots.

Just like jazz replaced classical as the youthful revolutionary sexual genre, and rock and roll replaced jazz, hip hop has long replaced rock and roll. There are only two black kids in my community's high school basketball program, but warmups at the gym on Fridays they're booming Travis Scott, Future, A$AP Rocky, etc.

Our girls volleyball team warms up to a lot of rap and hip hop.

Rappers are the new rockstars. I said it a few years ago when people here whined and cried about Jay Z and LL Cool J getting inducted into the R&R HoF

How about some Insane Clown Posse?

That would be a visual feast, and you could have 5,000 or so Jugalos down on the field while they played.

Stop the cap! These kids are not bumping no AC/DC in the locker/weight room. Majority of the time I’m in there, it’s a mix of Future, Lil Baby, Nardo, Kodak, NBA Youngboy. The school district is 78% white if that means anything. Heck they even keep me up on new rap nowadays.

To some of you guys who keep pumpng this "Where are the rock acts" Just google Top 20 acts and/or top 20 songs. Hip-hop, rap, country, pop acts dominate. In this decade the only actual Rock bands that made the list are Coldplay and some English indie band whose name I forgot as soon as left that page.
And Ive been to away high school games in very white districts ( Portage County) Up tempo pop and hip hop dominate the warm up music.

Stop the cap! These kids are not bumping no AC/DC in the locker/weight room. Majority of the time I’m in there, it’s a mix of Future, Lil Baby, Nardo, Kodak, NBA Youngboy. The school district is 78% white if that means anything. Heck they even keep me up on new rap nowadays.
what school district you from?

I'm going to have to look him up...i guess I'm old as dirt.. i have never heard of him or seen him before the other night.....
I have a teenager, so I still get to listen to alot of current music. Post Malone is my favorite of the current musicians. He may look a little different to us old folks but that's no different than some of the stars we all grew up with...unless you were a teen in the 50s or 60s. IMO, it wasn't until the 70s that music took a turn for the weird looking stars.