Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘****hole’ countries

It should hardly be controversial that some countries are in fact sh*tholes. Would you want to live in Haiti or Norway?

That said, we should be judging people as individuals, not what country they come from. Which is actually the Republican argument on this issue. The entire purpose of ending the diversity visa lottery would be to stop treating immigrants as classes and instead treat them on a one-by-one basis. There are lots of great immigrants from sh*thole countries, and there are crummy immigrants from well-off countries. We simply happen to give preference to those from shi*ty countries currently, which is what Trump was pushing back on.

Basically, we shouldn't accept or reject someone simply because of the country they are from.

except California...

So far we have one Democratic Senator, who had to be corrected by the Obama administration for making stuff up, who claims Trump used the term ****hole several times.

This has been corroborated by no one, not even by one more Democrat.

On the other hand, we have two Republican Senators and a Cabinet Secretary who say Trump never said it, or that they didn't hear it.

Is it more likely that Dick Durbin has super-power hearing or that he is a liar?

Dick didn't like to be told his and Lindsey idea for immigration was basically a #*&^% hole bill and were shocked that Trump invited other Republicans to laugh at their bill....

Just as I was warming up to Lindsey Graham he has to go and scold president Trump for his "***t hole" comment. What a hypocrite given that back in 2013 this is what Graham had to say about countries to our south:

https://nalert.blogspot.com/2018/01/senator-lindsey-graham-who-attacked.html

"The people coming across the southern border live in HELLHOLES. They don’t like that. They want to come here. Our problem is we can’t have everybody in the world who lives in a HELLHOLE come to America."

So I guess "***t hole" = racism and "hell hole" is just fine!

Thanks to Instapundit for the link:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

did you notice that Graham was NO where to be seen this weekend on the Sunday morning shows.....do you think Chuck Todd would have replayed that video of him saying that? or Georgie BOY Stenapolois( the cover up boy for Bill Clinton) would have either?

Poor guy. People forget that "Who am I? Why am I here?" was actually the best part of his debate performance!! It was all downhill within seconds.

I'd still take him over Quayle or Gore.

Poor bastard. It was like he was slowly rolled over by an 18 ton potatoe...... :dang:

So far we have one Democratic Senator, who had to be corrected by the Obama administration for making stuff up, who claims Trump used the term ****hole several times.

This has been corroborated by no one, not even by one more Democrat.

On the other hand, we have two Republican Senators and a Cabinet Secretary who say Trump never said it, or that they didn't hear it.

Is it more likely that Dick Durbin has super-power hearing or that he is a liar?

Doesn't matter at this point, does it? Half the country believes he said it and that he's racist for saying it. Fake News at its finest.

Doesn't matter at this point, does it? Half the country believes he said it and that he's racist for saying it. Fake News at its finest.

I've got a feeling that well over half the country agree 100% with what Trump said. And I would add that a lot of people are finding out for the first time that folks from these ***thole countries are being prioritized ahead of other would be immigrants. I think this shores up Trump's support among his base and converts some folks who were on the fence to Trump's side in the immigration debate. The bottom line is that folks will be asking this simple question: "why the hell are we putting these people at the front of the line to get into this country?"

Attachments

• 1nbwh8.jpg
    1nbwh8.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 35
I've got a feeling that well over half the country agree 100% with what Trump said. And I would add that a lot of people are finding out for the first time that folks from these ***thole countries are being prioritized ahead of other would be immigrants. I think this shores up Trump's support among his base and converts some folks who were on the fence to Trump's side in the immigration debate. The bottom line is that folks will be asking this simple question: "why the hell are we putting these people at the front of the line to get into this country?"

His base is 30-35% and YES his base loves his racist comments and he knows it.

I did not know that with a base of 30 -35% a person could be elected President. Is that not about the base the polls said he had when Hillary was going to take him to the woodshed? Happygoluckky, you really need to get out of your neighborhood and see this country from another viewpoint.

I did not know that with a base of 30 -35% a person could be elected President. Is that not about the base the polls said he had when Hillary was going to take him to the woodshed? Happygoluckky, you really need to get out of your neighborhood and see this country from another viewpoint.

She did get more votes....(and she was a horrible candidate)

His base is 30-35% and YES his base loves his racist comments and he knows it.

The key element of winning an election is to keep the base energized. You benefit in multiple ways including more donations, more campaign workers and guaranteed voters on election day.

Now as far as Trump being "racist" because of his comment consider this:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...my-medical-mission-trip-there/article/2645894

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul brushed off suggestions that President Trump holds a racial animus against Haitians because he once supported Paul’s trip to the Caribbean nation to do eye surgeries on poor Haitians.

But I get that in the superficial world of the progressive left it's not what you DO but what you SAY that matters! This is why I've increasingly come to loath folks on the left, they don't actually do anything to help those in need but rather simply use the suffering of others to advance their ideological agenda.

The poverty of an aspiring immigrant’s nation of origin is as irrelevant as their race. The sentiment attributed to POTUS is inconsistent w/ America’s history and antithetical to American values. May our memory of Dr. King buoy our hope for unity, greatness, & “charity for all.” - @MittRomney

Trump is likely the least racist president we have ever had and you likely know it deep down. But it does not fit the narrative.

Exactly right but remember that to those on the left words trump actions. This is why the left works so hard to control the language. If they can dictate to the rest of us what constitutes "hateful" or "racist" speech then they can control the narrative and controlling the narrative is a big step towards controlling us.

You see they have no interest in actually ending poverty or racism or any of the "isms" that they shriek about. To do so would undermine their entire ideology and rob them of their base support and most cherished grievances. Their true goal is CONTROL. There is a reason why in general Libertarians and the Right can work together: they often see eye to eye on a number of topics even while disagreeing on others. There is a basis for their mutual respect. But the left finds it tough to work with Libertarians because in their soul, the progressive left is totalitarian.

The poverty of an aspiring immigrant’s nation of origin is as irrelevant as their race. The sentiment attributed to POTUS is inconsistent w/ America’s history and antithetical to American values. May our memory of Dr. King buoy our hope for unity, greatness, & “charity for all.” - @MittRomney

But conditions in an immigrants home country that can impact how well that immigrant can assimilate into and become a productive member of the USA DOES MATTER a great deal. Romney also shows a shocking ignorance of history to suggest that the USA of the 21st century in any way resembles the country of the late 19th & early 20th century's that saw the last great wave of poor migrants flood in.

The circumstances of America in the 21st century DEMAND an immigration policy which favors the following factors:

* Fluency & literacy in English

* Skill sets that are of use

* Financial circumstances that reduce the possibility that the immigrant will need public assistance

* A willingness AND ability to assimilate into the greater American culture

Romney seems to think that charity should be the driving factor behind our immigration system while the democrats seem to view future voting patterns as a compelling factor. IMO NEITHER of these factors will benefit the nation and any immigration policy must have at it's core the goal of making America a better & stronger place.

It's incredibly relevant today. We are in an economy in transition, brick and mortar retail is downsizing, AI and automation are becoming mainstream technologies. We may lose 30-70 million jobs over the next 10-15 years. How many poor Haitian cab drivers will we need when every car drives itself? How many unskilled Hispanic workers will we need when you order a BigMac from a kiosk and it's cooked by a robot and delivered by a drone? How many teachers will we need when AI-driven learning can adapt to individual needs of individual students?

We've got to worry about keeping 50 million Americans working and what to do with 30-50 million welfare recipients that will starve when their Taxpayer-funded vacations end. We are not the nation that needed agricultural and industrial immigrants in the early 1900s, we need our citizens to actually work to support themselves.

It's incredibly relevant today. We are in an economy in transition, brick and mortar retail is downsizing, AI and automation are becoming mainstream technologies. We may lose 30-70 million jobs over the next 10-15 years. How many poor Haitian cab drivers will we need when every car drives itself? How many unskilled Hispanic workers will we need when you order a BigMac from a kiosk and it's cooked by a robot and delivered by a drone? How many teachers will we need when AI-driven learning can adapt to individual needs of individual students?

We've got to worry about keeping 50 million Americans working and what to do with 30-50 million welfare recipients that will starve when their Taxpayer-funded vacations end. We are not the nation that needed agricultural and industrial immigrants in the early 1900s, we need our citizens to actually work to support themselves.

But you answer your own question SWMCinci, there are only two rational reasons to import large numbers of unskilled, non-English speaking and impoverished people from the 3rd world into the US in the 21st century:

1) It's an act of charity

2) It's designed to maintain a large number of people dependent on government largesse to survive. Such folks will obviously give their vote to the party that provides the most hand outs. Even better if the immigrants come from racial or religious "affinity groups" than the left can stoke their grievance and keep them at the bottom even longer.

In the case of (1) at least you have a commendable, if wrong headed, motivation for favoring 3rd world migration into the USA. But the motivation for (2) is pure evil and can only weaken this country.

Seriously??? Thanks for the laugh.
Trump has been a public figure for a half a century, the topic of numerous newspaper and magazine stories, interviewed on TV many times, including shows like 60 Minutes, wrote a well-known book, and for 12 years was featured on a popular NBC reality show.

And nobody ever noticed that he is the most evil racist since Adolf Hitler.

Truly amazing.

In the case of (1) at least you have a commendable, if wrong headed,
I disagree.

If people really wanted to be charitable they would help fix those countries so that they were not such ****holes to begin with.

Allowing a very few people to immigrate to the USA where they can compete for minimum wage jobs provides a minimum of assistance to very few people.

But it is a reason for Liberals to feel soooo good about themselves, being the "commendable" people that they are. And that's what is really important.