Trump & ATL Chick-Fil-A

He increased his support among blacks in 2020 and its going up even more this time around.
PP_2021.06.30_validated-voters_00-02.png

Wow I certainly hope he can match his gains from 2016-2020 of....1 point

I’m cracking up at this thread. Just goes to show how out of touch with the average American most are on here. Most don’t care that much about politics, the have a preference but still show reverence to the office.
I know, right? Imagine a world where you rush to Yappi.com to tout an article where an African American was excited to meet the former POTUS. Lol.

I know, right? Imagine a world where you rush to Yappi.com to tout an article where an African American was excited to meet the former POTUS. Lol.
Imagine a world where people avoid the current President and hls handlers keep him away from people.

weird

Imagine a world where people avoid the current President and hls handlers keep him away from people.

weird

What does this have to do with your thread post? Lol.

Can you point to where this is relevant in a discussion of the black vote? Thanks!

The recent general polls have Biden getting a bounce. But polls this far out are pretty meh anyway. June/July are when they truly start to matter

You think there are no blacks in any of those polls? Your chart had more than blacks.
I was told the Dems are "hemorrhaging" black votes. I provided a Pew Research study showing this is not true

I was then told Donald made a lot of progress with black voters in 2020 compared to 2016. Again, a study showing this is not true was provided

Your rebuttal to that is...polls that do not break anything down by race

I was told the Dems are "hemorrhaging" black votes. I provided a Pew Research study showing this is not true

I was then told Donald made a lot of progress with black voters in 2020 compared to 2016. Again, a study showing this is not true was provided

Biden Loses Support Among Black Men, WSJ Poll Finds​

New survey of seven battleground states also shows some Black women are weighing other options​

WSJ
By Cameron McWhirter
in Atlanta, Joe Barrett
in Milwaukee and Joshua Jamersonin Washington
April 11, 2024 5:00 am ET

President Biden faces a dual-natured challenge to shore up his support with Black Americans, one of the Democratic Party’s most loyal constituencies.

Perhaps the most urgent: More Black men said they plan to back Donald Trump this fall, according to a recent Wall Street Journal poll of seven swing states.

While most Black men said they intend to support Biden, some 30% of them in the poll said they were either definitely or probably going to vote for the former Republican president. There isn’t comparable WSJ swing-state polling from 2020, but Trump received votes from 12% of Black men nationwide that year, as recorded by AP VoteCast, a large poll of the electorate.

In the WSJ poll, 11% of Black women said they were either definitely or probably going to vote for Trump. In 2020, the AP poll found, 6% of Black women nationwide backed Trump.

“I think winning back more Black men is going to be key for him,” Michael Bocian, a Democratic pollster who conducted the WSJ survey, said of Biden. Bocian completed the poll along with the company of Tony Fabrizio, a Republican. Fabrizio, who worked for a pro-Trump super political-action committee when the survey was conducted, has since joined the Trump campaign.

On the other hand, while Black women are less likely than Black men to support Trump, some are exploring other options, including third parties and potentially staying home.

In a sign that Biden hasn’t yet won commitments from many of these voters, some 42% of Black women in the survey fell into a group that the Journal pollsters say are up for grabs in the election, or still persuadable in their vote choice. These voters say they have not yet decided on a candidate, might vote for an independent or third-party option or are likely—but not certain—to back one of the major-party candidates.

While Latino women and Black men in the survey also signaled in large numbers that they remain persuadable in their vote choice, the share of Black women is noteworthy, given that they are among the most loyal Democratic groups in the electorate.

Biden’s standing has taken a hit with some Black voters as they—like many others—express discontent with his performance on broad issues such as the economy and immigration. While the Black gender split on Biden mirrors one that exists with the electorate overall, losing Black support in particular would be a blow to Biden’s re-election prospects, given how vital Black Americans are to the Democratic coalition.

“In this particular election, the persuasion isn’t just to vote or not to vote,” said Adrianne Shropshire, head of BlackPAC, a Democratic super PAC. “The persuasion is actually to get people to come to Biden and away from third parties and away from Trump.”

Bocian said it isn’t unheard of to see Black voters poll soft on Democrats before coming around to the party’s candidates closer to Election Day.

That said, Biden is further off than where we have seen Democrats in the past,” Bocian said.

An aide for the Biden campaign said its $25 million advertising campaign, announced in August to reach key voters in battleground states, included the largest and earliest investment in Black media for a re-election campaign in history.

A representative for the Trump campaign said: “Our coalition message to Black and Hispanic communities this election is simple: If you want strong borders, safe neighborhoods, rising wages, quality jobs, school choice and the return of the strongest economy in over 60 years, then vote for Donald J. Trump.”

Percy Jones, a Black restaurant manager who lives in Atlanta’s West End, said Biden just hasn’t been an impressive president. He is remembering Trump’s time in office more fondly—most notably on immigration.

“He didn’t allow people who don’t live here to come in,” Jones said. “They are taking all of our jobs.”

Jones didn’t vote in 2020 but said he probably would this year and likely would vote for Trump. “I think Trump did a better job,” he said.

As president, Biden “wasn’t really helping the community,” Jones said. The stimulus checks helped people during the Covid-19 lockdowns, but now those are gone, he said. “He has a lot of people fooled,” Jones said of Biden.

In Milwaukee, Paul Whigham, 51 years old, a chef who owns Mi Casa Su Cafe, said he understands the appeal of Trump. Whigham hasn’t had a chance to really focus on the election. Most of his time is spent trying to keep his restaurant open when it is difficult to find staff, he said.

He said he probably will end up supporting Biden, but he sees why some Black men like Trump.

“He doesn’t speak like the average politician with a bunch of jargon,” he said. “His rhetoric is scathing at times, a lot of people say it’s hurtful, demeaning to other ethnicities and races and stuff like that. But I think he speaks plain English.”
Still, most Black men—57%—say they back Biden over Trump.

Tony Clay, 40, a barber in Atlanta’s predominantly Black West End neighborhood, said he feels that Trump is trying to undermine democracy. He said he felt Trump was too cozy with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“People talk about the economy, but I feel our freedom is at stake,” Clay said.

Brittney Brown, 37, who works at Noir’e Hair District, a salon in Milwaukee’s Bronzeville neighborhood, which has many Black-owned businesses, said she voted for Biden in 2020, but regrets it.

“I haven’t seen any of his policies or the things that he said he was going to do for the American people coming to fruition,” she said.
She would like to see more spending on inner cities and programs that help the Black, brown and indigenous communities, but feels they have all been let down by Democrats.

Though the inflation rate has come down, she said she was still struggling to get by on Wisconsin’s minimum wage, which is also the national minimum. “A gallon of milk is $5 in some places, yet I make $7.25?” she said. “Make it make sense.”

I would not say he is hemorraghing black votes. My dad's older black generation would vote for a toilet seat as long as it had a D next to its name. The 24-40 ish demographic is where he is leaking votes

Better let James Carvelle know, he is pretty worried.

Biden Loses Support Among Black Men, WSJ Poll Finds​

New survey of seven battleground states also shows some Black women are weighing other options​

WSJ
By Cameron McWhirter
in Atlanta, Joe Barrett
in Milwaukee and Joshua Jamersonin Washington
April 11, 2024 5:00 am ET

President Biden faces a dual-natured challenge to shore up his support with Black Americans, one of the Democratic Party’s most loyal constituencies.

Perhaps the most urgent: More Black men said they plan to back Donald Trump this fall, according to a recent Wall Street Journal poll of seven swing states.

While most Black men said they intend to support Biden, some 30% of them in the poll said they were either definitely or probably going to vote for the former Republican president. There isn’t comparable WSJ swing-state polling from 2020, but Trump received votes from 12% of Black men nationwide that year, as recorded by AP VoteCast, a large poll of the electorate.

In the WSJ poll, 11% of Black women said they were either definitely or probably going to vote for Trump. In 2020, the AP poll found, 6% of Black women nationwide backed Trump.

“I think winning back more Black men is going to be key for him,” Michael Bocian, a Democratic pollster who conducted the WSJ survey, said of Biden. Bocian completed the poll along with the company of Tony Fabrizio, a Republican. Fabrizio, who worked for a pro-Trump super political-action committee when the survey was conducted, has since joined the Trump campaign.

On the other hand, while Black women are less likely than Black men to support Trump, some are exploring other options, including third parties and potentially staying home.

In a sign that Biden hasn’t yet won commitments from many of these voters, some 42% of Black women in the survey fell into a group that the Journal pollsters say are up for grabs in the election, or still persuadable in their vote choice. These voters say they have not yet decided on a candidate, might vote for an independent or third-party option or are likely—but not certain—to back one of the major-party candidates.

While Latino women and Black men in the survey also signaled in large numbers that they remain persuadable in their vote choice, the share of Black women is noteworthy, given that they are among the most loyal Democratic groups in the electorate.

Biden’s standing has taken a hit with some Black voters as they—like many others—express discontent with his performance on broad issues such as the economy and immigration. While the Black gender split on Biden mirrors one that exists with the electorate overall, losing Black support in particular would be a blow to Biden’s re-election prospects, given how vital Black Americans are to the Democratic coalition.

“In this particular election, the persuasion isn’t just to vote or not to vote,” said Adrianne Shropshire, head of BlackPAC, a Democratic super PAC. “The persuasion is actually to get people to come to Biden and away from third parties and away from Trump.”

Bocian said it isn’t unheard of to see Black voters poll soft on Democrats before coming around to the party’s candidates closer to Election Day.

That said, Biden is further off than where we have seen Democrats in the past,” Bocian said.

An aide for the Biden campaign said its $25 million advertising campaign, announced in August to reach key voters in battleground states, included the largest and earliest investment in Black media for a re-election campaign in history.

A representative for the Trump campaign said: “Our coalition message to Black and Hispanic communities this election is simple: If you want strong borders, safe neighborhoods, rising wages, quality jobs, school choice and the return of the strongest economy in over 60 years, then vote for Donald J. Trump.”

Percy Jones, a Black restaurant manager who lives in Atlanta’s West End, said Biden just hasn’t been an impressive president. He is remembering Trump’s time in office more fondly—most notably on immigration.

“He didn’t allow people who don’t live here to come in,” Jones said. “They are taking all of our jobs.”

Jones didn’t vote in 2020 but said he probably would this year and likely would vote for Trump. “I think Trump did a better job,” he said.

As president, Biden “wasn’t really helping the community,” Jones said. The stimulus checks helped people during the Covid-19 lockdowns, but now those are gone, he said. “He has a lot of people fooled,” Jones said of Biden.

In Milwaukee, Paul Whigham, 51 years old, a chef who owns Mi Casa Su Cafe, said he understands the appeal of Trump. Whigham hasn’t had a chance to really focus on the election. Most of his time is spent trying to keep his restaurant open when it is difficult to find staff, he said.

He said he probably will end up supporting Biden, but he sees why some Black men like Trump.

“He doesn’t speak like the average politician with a bunch of jargon,” he said. “His rhetoric is scathing at times, a lot of people say it’s hurtful, demeaning to other ethnicities and races and stuff like that. But I think he speaks plain English.”
Still, most Black men—57%—say they back Biden over Trump.

Tony Clay, 40, a barber in Atlanta’s predominantly Black West End neighborhood, said he feels that Trump is trying to undermine democracy. He said he felt Trump was too cozy with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“People talk about the economy, but I feel our freedom is at stake,” Clay said.

Brittney Brown, 37, who works at Noir’e Hair District, a salon in Milwaukee’s Bronzeville neighborhood, which has many Black-owned businesses, said she voted for Biden in 2020, but regrets it.

“I haven’t seen any of his policies or the things that he said he was going to do for the American people coming to fruition,” she said.
She would like to see more spending on inner cities and programs that help the Black, brown and indigenous communities, but feels they have all been let down by Democrats.

Though the inflation rate has come down, she said she was still struggling to get by on Wisconsin’s minimum wage, which is also the national minimum. “A gallon of milk is $5 in some places, yet I make $7.25?” she said. “Make it make sense.”
Good luck with that! Articles just like these were published in every election cycle. I'm old enough to remember lotr posting things saying Trump could get up to 20% of the black vote in 2020. And we all know how that turned out

And I was here the entire time in 2020. I got one state wrong, called the 2018 and 2022 midterms almost spot on, etc. Who cares
You were around. I have a feeling if trump won again you would have vanished again. Glad you stuck around though.

Good luck with that! Articles just like these were published in every election cycle. I'm old enough to remember lotr posting things saying Trump could get up to 20% of the black vote in 2020. And we all know how that turned out
LOL, ok so there is data out there showing Biden is losing some juice with the Black community. I'm old enough to remember when that was something that was never discussed.

Lol

Imagine all you want, sherm, and imagine some company fo’ yo’ sorry self while you’re at it, because you’re the only person who is doing that

Well this is weird....:)

“In recent decades, neither party has had a sizable advantage, but the Democratic Party has lost the edge it maintained from 2017 to 2021,” the multipage Pew report said.

“The partisan identification of registered voters is now evenly split between the two major parties: 49% of registered voters are Democrats or lean to the Democratic Party, and a nearly identical share — 48% — are Republicans or lean to the Republican Party,” Pew said.

“Four years ago, in the run-up to the 2020 election, Democrats had a five percentage point advantage over the GOP (51% vs. 46%),” Pew added.

A few things are to blame.

First, Pew found that partisanship and polarization is hurting Democrats more than Republicans.

“While the electorate overall is nearly equally divided between those who align with the Republican and Democratic parties, a greater share of registered voters say they are both ideologically conservative and associate with the Republican Party (33%) than say they are liberal and align with the Democratic Party (23%),” Pew said.

And it found black people and Hispanics walking away from Democrats.

“The share of voters who are Hispanic has roughly tripled since the mid-1990s; the share who are Asian has increased sixfold over the same period. Today, 44% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters are Hispanic, black, Asian, another race or multiracial, compared with 20% of Republicans and Republican leaners. However, the Democratic Party’s advantages among black and Hispanic voters, in particular, have narrowed somewhat in recent years,” Pew added.

LOL, ok so there is data out there showing Biden is losing some juice with the Black community. I'm old enough to remember when that was something that was never discussed.
There is actual data from post-election studies showing that is not happening. Again, considering your "data" was also spouted in previous election cycles and did not end up happening, gonna stick with mine

There is actual data from post-election studies showing that is not happening. Again, considering your "data" was also spouted in previous election cycles and did not end up happening, gonna stick with mine
Sorry that you can't understand that this isn't post election studies but is taking a pulse on where we are now. My "data" just isn't your "data." Oh wait...I posted from Pew as well.