Total Solar Eclipse 2024

I know it's a crapshoot trying to predict how many people will show up to your town for these events. And the best thing to do is to get advice from those who went through it previously. But where are all the people? My town is on the line and I haven't really seen much uptick in the number of people around here. Are others seeing more people?
I don’t think people are quite as excited as we were led to believe.

I don’t think people are quite as excited as we were led to believe.
I don't think that is it.......it's just it seems like every town in its path was expecting 50k and that was just not going to happen.

It's a long path and even tho millions are traveling to see it and some places will get overran with traffic and others won't.

The next eclipse is in less than a decade. It’s hardly a once in a lifetime occurrence.
It is unless you plan to travel...which for an event that lasts 3-4 minutes and is weather dependent is pretty silly.

It is unless you plan to travel...which for an event that lasts 3-4 minutes and is weather dependent is pretty silly.
Yep.. next one is in the Dakotas and Canada so yea...if you are in ohio....in the total.blackout....its.now or like 2099.

Thats no moon! It's a space station!

IMG_6186.jpeg

We here in Wooster (OH) are in the partial eclipse phase right now. We'll have totality for 2-3 minutes around 3:14. Pretty cool so far. I've seen some videos on Twitter of the totality, and it's pretty amazing. I hope we have something similar here.

Not gonna lie....that was cool as could be! That was awesome.
More out of state folks than ohioans at the docks.

Spoke to a family from Columbus. They said all their friends thought they were crazy to travel 80 miles with the traffic that was rumored but at.least to the location...

Smooth sailing.

Quite a few boats out

.man I missed the chance.

Great crowd...but we see bigger crowds a few times a yr

Last edited: