Thoughts on the open jobs? Newton Falls, Lowellville, Lisbon and Austintown Fitch.

Pirone sr no question. Would have been in playoffs a ton if they had the current 8 team format.

I thought about that, too. Can make a serious case that the modern era really began when the playoffs went to the 8 team format.

Pirone was coach from 1981-1985, right? What years was he coach during his 2nd reign? I don't think it was that long... maybe like 1989-1992 or something like that. Can you post Pirone's record for each year during his time as head coach?
I think Struthers had 8 straight winning seasons from 1980-1987, so Struthers probably would've made the playoffs or at least been on the bubble that entire time if 8 teams made the playoffs back then. But I don't think Pirone's 2nd reign was nearly as successful as his 1st.

A little league coach LOLOL

Joe Rudzik… no N.
Head coach of the Hardhats varsity team. I don't know if he has any experience at the high school or middle school levels... or if he even has a teaching degree. I doubt very strongly that he has the qualifications they're looking for.

Probably a really nice guy, though.

Bayuk is in all likelihood the guy and this is just a formality.

But if guys like Hulea and Copachy were to apply, I'd think they'd have to get interviews. Pascarella should also interview... unless he's set on being Bayuk's OC or something.

Spread who is Joe Rudznik? Some guy on Twitter is talking about him applying for Struthers job?
Also those kids who run that account are a little out there with the things they say, it’s not a real sports account they just post things they hear or make random stuff up. I doubt he applied but I’m sure there will be a decent amount of ppl who apply that people are gonna just say wow

Okay, I haven’t heard his name before so I wondered. I wonder if he has any “friends” inside the administration where he might get a legitimate look. I think most coaches will look at this as an inside job for Bayuk so I’m not sure you get a lot of applications, but who knows.

With the union contract they would have to open it internally first. If they get what they want they do not have to open it externally. But it soul da like they did it all at once which I think is kinda stupid because now you open yourself to criticism from the ppl that are disgruntled

I thought about that, too. Can make a serious case that the modern era really began when the playoffs went to the 8 team format.

Pirone was coach from 1981-1985, right? What years was he coach during his 2nd reign? I don't think it was that long... maybe like 1989-1992 or something like that. Can you post Pirone's record for each year during his time as head coach?
I think Struthers had 8 straight winning seasons from 1980-1987, so Struthers probably would've made the playoffs or at least been on the bubble that entire time if 8 teams made the playoffs back then. But I don't think Pirone's 2nd reign was nearly as successful as his 1st.
Check the Yappi Sports Wiki, a pinned post near the top of this page, which lists each Ohio schools’ all time records by year. I tried to copy and paste the relevant Struthers years but it wouldn’t format properly.

Okay, I haven’t heard his name before so I wondered. I wonder if he has any “friends” inside the administration where he might get a legitimate look. I think most coaches will look at this as an inside job for Bayuk so I’m not sure you get a lot of applications, but who knows.
Apparently they’ve gotten a few already

Apparently they’ve gotten a few already
Yea, I am no expert but it seems like a place with tough kids and new facilities so that ought to make it attractive but it seems like most jobs are going to “inside” candidates. Fitch and lowellville hired guys with connections and neither had head coaching experience to my knowledge so what’s to say struthers won’t do the same? Who is doing the hiring, is it the same AD I have heard you guys complain knows nothing about football?

Last edited: