The Official NE8 Thread

I’m thinking not every move is always about football. Every now and then a family moves and just happens to have talented athlete(s) in the family. Really, it does happen.

I’m thinking not every move is always about football. Every now and then a family moves and just happens to have talented athlete(s) in the family. Really, it does happen.
obviously that’s why I asked what the reason for the move was, not much in the Youngstown area that says hey let’s move there

I think there’s no chance Salem or West Branch want any part of this conference. They will not compete. Last season I saw both of those teams play and I don’t think they would win a game outside of Jefferson and MAYBE lakeview. Lakeview - West Branch would have been a great game actually.

I’ll say 4-6 if they are able to beat Youngstown East, alliance and Howland should handle Niles early on
Can't say what any team will get out of their team out of the gate this year after a crazy off season. But with Niles getting a 3 year starter at QB this year and a coaching staff ready to give a few surprises again. Like last year I called out a Niles 3-0 start and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again. But, this could still lead to a 5-5 season, who knows! Wouldn't want to be a football coach in this mess of a possible season.

With this damn mask mandate in our county now, things don't look promising. Unless they lift it soon. Doubt it though. Give the government an inch, they are going to take you for a mile.

Can't say what any team will get out of their team out of the gate this year after a crazy off season. But with Niles getting a 3 year starter at QB this year and a coaching staff ready to give a few surprises again. Like last year I called out a Niles 3-0 start and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again. But, this could still lead to a 5-5 season, who knows! Wouldn't want to be a football coach in this mess of a possible season.
That’s kinda the road block for struthers as well, new coach, hard to put in a system completely with not having the full off season, the game I don’t see niles forsure winning to start is howland, they have improved tremendously the last 2 seasons, I hope niles beats alliance and East tho, 2-1 to start would be great for them, the issue is that region you basically have to go 9-1 to get in

With this damn mask mandate in our county now, things don't look promising. Unless they lift it soon. Doubt it though. Give the government an inch, they are going to take you for a mile.
They did say today they do not want spring football and that they’re gonna do everything to get the game in this fall. I’m fine with a month delay, I’m fine with masks on all spectators/coaches/officials/and everyone else in need of one, but football season means so much to families and schools and the entire state.

They did say today they do not want spring football and that they’re gonna do everything to get the game in this fall. I’m fine with a month delay, I’m fine with masks on all spectators/coaches/officials/and everyone else in need of one, but football season means so much to families and schools and the entire state.
Definitely hope it happens. But honestly with all these guidelines, and mandates going on from the government, it just going to be hard

Funny that mandate was put into place from what I heard was a spike from 2 nursing homes and TCI. The two Warren hospitals both reported no issues.

Funny that mandate was put into place from what I heard was a spike from 2 nursing homes and TCI. The two Warren hospitals both reported no issues.
Yes, that is what I seen, and read also. It is a bunch of BS, in my opinion. I think DeWine wants to mask mandate the whole state. He is going to minipulate the numbers to put each county in the red little by little. Just a guess

I know st Joe's has been slammed with new cases over the past week or so. Worse than when it first started.

I think there’s no chance Salem or West Branch want any part of this conference. They will not compete. Last season I saw both of those teams play and I don’t think they would win a game outside of Jefferson and MAYBE lakeview. Lakeview - West Branch would have been a great game actually.
That would definitely be a fear. Last year the EBC was weak in general, and Salem's region was insanely weak. If this ever came to fruition they would definitely get knocked around a few years until they settled in. I don't know that it would be a half century of sucking like Salem was back in the MVC/MAC days, they seem to have turned that corner, but it would be a few bleak years to get acclimated I would think.

I do think Salem would at least listen to it if asked. Current superintendent both played and coached for Salem when they where in the MVC/MAC, so there could be some sentimentality there. Sentimentality from a former Canton South guy as Superintendent (combined with the AAC being a cluster----) is what got them in the NBC to begin with. WB? Don't know.

That would definitely be a fear. Last year the EBC was weak in general, and Salem's region was insanely weak. If this ever came to fruition they would definitely get knocked around a few years until they settled in. I don't know that it would be a half century of sucking like Salem was back in the MVC/MAC days, they seem to have turned that corner, but it would be a few bleak years to get acclimated I would think.

I do think Salem would at least listen to it if asked. Current superintendent both played and coached for Salem when they where in the MVC/MAC, so there could be some sentimentality there. Sentimentality from a former Canton South guy as Superintendent (combined with the AAC being a cluster----) is what got them in the NBC to begin with. WB? Don't know.
I can’t see anyone wanting WB in at all.

QB was at Struthers practice throwing the ball around last week. They went back to NC and are waiting to see if the state opens up again. If it does, they will stay in NC. If it doesn't then they are coming to Ohio.

QB was at Struthers practice throwing the ball around last week. They went back to NC and are waiting to see if the state opens up again. If it does, they will stay in NC. If it doesn't then they are coming to Ohio.
Aiden hall isn’t a bad kid to throw the ball to either. I can see NC opening up tho anyway

They were at Harding yesterday. I am very sure of this.

Not at all. But, Struthers would be better served if Hall played WR with a good qb.
The Greenwood kid can throw it better then anyone on the roster by a long shot, the issue is it’s very hard to not want the ball
In halls hands every play, this season is still
Up in the air in terms of the style they will play, they won’t be able to just line up and run it at teams like the last 5 years or they will be bad

The Greenwood kid can throw it better then anyone on the roster by a long shot, the issue is it’s very hard to not want the ball
In halls hands every play, this season is still
Up in the air in terms of the style they will play, they won’t be able to just line up and run it at teams like the last 5 years or they will be bad
The Bayuk's should run a diffrent offense then Kuntz. I respect the heck out of Kuntz, he had success at SHS. But, as a fan, I'd like to see a more balanced offense. I guess you adjust to the group you have, and well the O-Line has been a strength for awhile. I wish in 16 Muzzy just would have threw a few passes to loosen up the defense, and they could have won at least a playoff game. JD Hall was a good QB for a few yrs, too. Wow, I'm going down memory road again...I know the cats have 4 o-linemen to replace, but their is some size coming back. I hear they have a good line coach that came in? Maybe work on some lateral quickness and try some pulling, instead of just smash mouth? The RB Bryant should take the majority of the carries? Looks similar to Brown from this past yr. WR's should be good. Marshall, Ekoniak and TE Callerbrate (sorry if spelled wrong) I think will be good. Hall will be QB? WR? The defense? Callerbrate and then alot of ?'s

The Bayuk's should run a diffrent offense then Kuntz. I respect the heck out of Kuntz, he had success at SHS. But, as a fan, I'd like to see a more balanced offense. I guess you adjust to the group you have, and well the O-Line has been a strength for awhile. I wish in 16 Muzzy just would have threw a few passes to loosen up the defense, and they could have won at least a playoff game. JD Hall was a good QB for a few yrs, too. Wow, I'm going down memory road again...I know the cats have 4 o-linemen to replace, but their is some size coming back. I hear they have a good line coach that came in? Maybe work on some lateral quickness and try some pulling, instead of just smash mouth? The RB Bryant should take the majority of the carries? Looks similar to Brown from this past yr. WR's should be good. Marshall, Ekoniak and TE Callerbrate (sorry if spelled wrong) I think will be good. Hall will be QB? WR? The defense? Callerbrate and then alot of ?'s
There won't be much pulling in the line. It will be a lot of zone blocking. The offense will be effective but will be very old school for a lot of players and fans. If you have a decent fullback that will help. If they have someone to play QB other than Hall it would be the best situation. They could use him at WR, RB and QB then. They are big on jet sweeps and his speed would work great there too.

There won't be much pulling in the line. It will be a lot of zone blocking. The offense will be effective but will be very old school for a lot of players and fans. If you have a decent fullback that will help. If they have someone to play QB other than Hall it would be the best situation. They could use him at WR, RB and QB then. They are big on jet sweeps and his speed would work great there too.
You can’t get much more old school then what struthers has had for the last 7 or so years, bayuks style will be opening it up compared to what we have had “it was successful tho” even tho bayuks style isn’t exactly what some schools do. I don’t think bayuks dad will be doing much with the offense I’m hearing

Aiden hall isn’t a bad kid to throw the ball to either. I can see NC opening up tho anyway
After spending some time in NC recently I will tell you they have ordered masks in public places starting late June. I haven't looked at their numbers but it seems their Governor is trying to reverse a trend
Also a lot of traditional sit down restaurants are either closed or take out only. Few that I've seen have opened up to sit in dining. I think ohio is ahead of NC at this time

After spending some time in NC recently I will tell you they have ordered masks in public places starting late June. I haven't looked at their numbers but it seems their Governor is trying to reverse a trend
Also a lot of traditional sit down restaurants are either closed or take out only. Few that I've seen have opened up to sit in dining. I think ohio is ahead of NC at this time
I can 100% confirm this. :)

HS FB practice delayed until August 1 with games slated to begin August 17 - for now.

Edit: Area team had a "safe distance" workout this weekend. Maybe they can't have contact drills until later. ?

Last edited:
You can’t get much more old school then what struthers has had for the last 7 or so years, bayuks style will be opening it up compared to what we have had “it was successful tho” even tho bayuks style isn’t exactly what some schools do. I don’t think bayuks dad will be doing much with the offense I’m hearing

Ain't that the truth!

Is he gonna be working with the DL? Or just as a scout/advisor type?
Pascarella the OC then?

The season has been shortened to 6 games, and it looks like all nonconference games could be dropped. I think the playoffs are the same.
So does the NE8 exclude Jefferson this year so everyone can play against each other? Really, would anyone be opposed to this?
Or do they reschedule the games based on factors such as geography, competitiveness, rivalries, etc?
We should get answers this week... all the AD's are meeting to discuss what to do.

My first thought was that this would really suck for Poland since their biggest 2 money games are Canfield and Boardman... but then I realized that there won't be any gates or concession sales or anything like that, so it really doesn't matter... financially speaking.
Other big nonconference games in danger are South Range/Springfield, Poland/Howland, Niles/Howland, Niles/Alliance, and Girard/JFK.
Interested if and how these schools can find ways to offset costs.
I did see something the other day about the OHSAA allowing schools to work out deals with local TV channels to broadcast games live instead of on tape delay. That might be an option for some. And might garner more interest from ABC, CBS, NBC affiliates... since going live at 7:00 or 7:30 would mean they wouldn't interfere with the 11:00 news... and could possibly be a nice lead in. But I also wonder if schools make any money from partnering with YSN and websites like that.

Leagues are going to play league games. Non conference games are going to be out for the most part. The NE-8 will be all league games.

Playoffs are a lot different as everyone is going to make it. Coaches will vote on seeding. Regions will probably get changed around a bit due to teams dropping out.

It will be interesting to see everyone's 6 game schedule. Maybe people can post them, when they get the info