The Official 2021 EBC football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Niles do against Marlington?

Really think the Vikings of Akron North will beat Canton South that's a bold statement. You are smarter than that.
The real question is does North score any points? Can't imagine after only scoring 19 total points last year across 6 games that anyone would have them labeled as a favorite but maybe he knows something nobody else does

EBC OOC tradition will continue, I see Marlington as the only W they will get in week 1

Kind of ironic how the Leps would boast about their league titles and hype their wins up against other league foes for years. Now they are out of the league and all they do is trash it for being weak. Also ironic because they would hop back in the league in a second. Maybe some of their fan base and a few of their coaches need to realize mocking EBC schools and their league ruins all chances of any future Leps membership.

What was the score of the alliance - louisville game last year?? I believe alliaince won and they were a bottom EBC team.

Last edited:
No question Louisville has fallen on hard times. It is very hard to watch. Don't forget, you bounced them from the nbc because you didn't think you could compete with them. Hindsight being 20/20, you probably wish they were still in your league.

No question Louisville has fallen on hard times. It is very hard to watch. Don't forget, you bounced them from the nbc because you didn't think you could compete with them. Hindsight being 20/20, you probably wish they were still in your league.
If you read my posts I thought they got screwed. The only way they should have ever left the NBC was on their own. I don't think thee would have won the league since they "left" and they didn't win in the last few years the were in it. It was not a perfect league for them but the best fit in every sport.

I missed the Minerva/East Canton scrimmage. Did anyone go?

I think WB srimmaged United? How did they look?

Any word on Salem? I heard they average about 275 up front and have a bunch of speed..

What was the score of the alliance - louisville game last year?? I believe alliaince won and they were a bottom EBC team.
Alliance has been putting a good challenging OOC schedule together the past couple of years. Playing that kind of schedule is making the overall program better. It was a good game last year and I believe if they continue the series these 2 teams will continue to have great battles.

Alliance has been putting a good challenging OOC schedule together the past couple of years. Playing that kind of schedule is making the overall program better. It was a good game last year and I believe if they continue the series these 2 teams will continue to have great battles.
I aggree 100% about Allaince's schedule but last year they had 2 wins, Minerva and Louisville. I think they had some tough luck but they were a bottom level team in the EBC. I think they will surprise some people in the conference and I think the Louisville game is a great matchup. But if you really look at the EBC teams OOC schedules that are not bad for D4 schools.

Carrollton will surprise some people this year as they are a solid squad. Not flashy or anything.
Salem has some good pieces the question is will they be able to put it together on the field
Not sure about WB
Canton South has some noise coming out of their as the new coach has brought some vigor
Minerva struggled with EC, some glimpses of growth but not sure this year will be a turning point.
Alliance and Marlington I do not know

and no one misses or feels bad for louisville, they have no chance of being invited back.....and they will continue to struggle.
South leaves after this season. EBC with 6 is sustainable. Two seats open, basketball season is when leagues tend to have those "off the record" convos about adding schools.

Carrollton will surprise some people this year as they are a solid squad. Not flashy or anything.
Salem has some good pieces the question is will they be able to put it together on the field
Not sure about WB
Canton South has some noise coming out of their as the new coach has brought some vigor
Minerva struggled with EC, some glimpses of growth but not sure this year will be a turning point.
Alliance and Marlington I do not know

and no one misses or feels bad for louisville, they have no chance of being invited back.....and they will continue to struggle.
South leaves after this season. EBC with 6 is sustainable. Two seats open, basketball season is when leagues tend to have those "off the record" convos about adding schools.
I got some info about Minerva, they have decent skill kids but very little size or depth on the line. they look to be running the spread but will struggle to have time to throw the ball. they have around 40 to 45 kids but around 18 to 20 are freshmen. They have some scrappy and tough linebackers and d-backs but very little size on the line. They struggled in both scrimmages againt Malvern and East Canton. I am not certain but I heard they are playing a freshman schedule but not a Jv schedule. I heard that they have a great bunch of seniors, especially in the classroom, but this will probably not be the year that the add a lot of W's to the win column. I feel so bad for the kids that stay..

Looks like Salem had a pretty easy time with Crestview with at 38-13 win to kick off the season. I think they have Beaver Local next week, who was a good team last year that had some bad luck with Covid to end the season last year. Look out for the Quakers..

Quakers led 35-0 at the half. Hopefully they are for real on both sides of the ball......could be fun.

Marlington- 20
Coventry- 12

Alliance- 7
Lake- 35

Canton South- 49
Akron North- 0

Carrollton- 35
St. Clairsville- 42

West Branch- 47
East Liverpool- 6

Brings the conference to 4-3 after week 1

Decent first week for the ebc at 4-3. Week 2 games

Northwest@Marlington
Niles@Alliance
Minerva@Sandy Valley
Beaver Local@Salem
Canton South@Claymont
West Branch@Woodridge
Carrollton@ Coventry

My picks
Marlington
Alliance
Sandy Valley
Salem
Canton South
West Branch
Carrollton

Decent first week for the ebc at 4-3. Week 2 games

Northwest@Marlington
Niles@Alliance
Minerva@Sandy Valley
Beaver Local@Salem
Canton South@Claymont
West Branch@Woodridge
Carrollton@ Coventry

My picks
Marlington
Alliance
Sandy Valley
Salem
Canton South
West Branch
Carrollton
Marlington
Alliance
Sandy Valley
Salem
South
WB
Carrollton

Marlington- 20
Coventry- 12

Alliance- 7
Lake- 35

Canton South- 49
Akron North- 0

Carrollton- 35
St. Clairsville- 42

West Branch- 47
East Liverpool- 6

Brings the conference to 4-3 after week 1
Is WB better than what we gave them credit for? Or is East LiverPool not very good?

Marlington vs Northwest is probably the most interesting game this week followed by Woodridge vs West Branch. A lot of implications for region 13 packed into that game

Marlington vs Northwest is probably the most interesting game this week followed by Woodridge vs West Branch. A lot of implications for region 13 packed into that game
I feel that the Marlington Northwest will be a very close game, and come down to the wire.
The West Branch VS Woodridge game I think the Warriors will dominate on this one.

the NW - Marlington game could be the best matchup of the week. I didn't know much about Alliance in the 70s but a friend told me that Alliance and Niles had some great games in the conference they were in and it will bring back memories for some old timers. I think both games will be close but i picked both EBC teams.

I think the EBC is pretty good overall and I like the EBC teams in all of the other games, except Minerva. I just hope they can stay healthy because there is a real chance that they forfeit games later in the season if they have a few injuries or they play with a lot freshmen.

Good luck too all of the teams tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.