The Official 2021 EBC football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canfield used to play Salem, West Branch and Alliance quite a bit formerly.
I always enjoyed playing Salem and West Branch and they were usually pretty competitive in most sports.
There is no reason they can't renew these rivalries.
I like the Niles- Alliance rivilary is going to continue.

Speaking of rivalries, Canfield and Louisville should continue theirs in the near future.
Just need to get the two schedules back in line together. I like the first week matchup but would take any week that opens up.
Howland and Louisville also need to start playing.
Actually, like to Louisville join the AAC in all sports but football.

Just need to get the two schedules back in line together. I like the first week matchup but would take any week that opens up.
Howland and Louisville also need to start playing.
Actually, like to Louisville join the AAC in all sports but football.

How can the two schedules not align when they are both independent? We should be playing Canfield and Dover every year.

How can the two schedules not align when they are both independent? We should be playing Canfield and Dover every year.
Multi-year contracts with other schools (ex. all those games Louisville has against the Fed teams) can cause schedules to not line up, even for independent schools. Also, you occasionally have the issue where your schedules will line up, but both your team and the opponent need a home game for next season. Scheduling can be a puzzle. My school has been independent for nearly 40 years, so I've seen little bit of everything.

Because the AD builds the schedule around the Fed schools first, and Canfield has Boardman, Howland and Poland that has to be on the schedule. Louisville should build their Indy. Schedule around Canfield, Boardman, Howland, NP or Dover and North Canton the remaining schedule just needs to be filled with mixture of whatever. NE8, EBC team, Fed, Akron or Youngstown city league schools they could play.

Because the AD builds the schedule around the Fed schools first, and Canfield has Boardman, Howland and Poland that has to be on the schedule. Louisville should build their Indy. Schedule around Canfield, Boardman, Howland, NP or Dover and North Canton the remaining schedule just needs to be filled with mixture of whatever. NE8, EBC team, Fed, Akron or Youngstown city league schools they could play.
Canfield has no obligation to ensure Boardman or Howland are on the schedule. Canfield wanted to play Poland week 10 but Poland wanted to play weeks 1-3 obviously. The main reason Canfield and Louisville haven't played is because of scheduling difficulties mostly attributed to Poland having to be on Canfield's schedule and Louisville scheduling all the Fed teams first leaving no common open dates.

Canfield has no obligation to ensure Boardman or Howland are on the schedule. Canfield wanted to play Poland week 10 but Poland wanted to play weeks 1-3 obviously. The main reason Canfield and Louisville haven't played is because of scheduling difficulties mostly attributed to Poland having to be on Canfield's schedule and Louisville scheduling all the Fed teams first leaving no common open dates.
Louisville, Canfield and Howland need to build their schedules around playing each other.
NE8 games available in the first 3 games
EBC games available in the first 5 games
SVC, AAC, Fed, Akron city, NP, Dover and others can fill in the voids.

Louisville, Canfield and Howland need to build their schedules around playing each other.
NE8 games available in the first 3 games
EBC games available in the first 5 games
SVC, AAC, Fed, Akron city, NP, Dover and others can fill in the voids.
I think a good football only league would be Canfield, Howland, Louisville, Dover, New Philadelphia, and perhaps throw in Boardman or Steubenville as the 6th team. I suppose after the consolidation of the YCS into one football team they could be added as well. This would be a good 6-8 team league. Alternatively instead of Steubenville and East/Chaney, they could add Austintown-Fitch and Warren G Harding.

I was told about this right at the end of the season. I think the district was hoping he would reconsider.
At this point you would have thought the opening would be posted. With other area schools having openings you wouldn't want to be behind the curve and miss out on possible applicants. If the job actually becomes available I would be surprised at this point in the process

At this point you would have thought the opening would be posted. With other area schools having openings you wouldn't want to be behind the curve and miss out on possible applicants. If the job actually becomes available I would be surprised at this point in the process

Not really, They could have their Eyes on someone and waiting for a loss in the playoffs. or waiting for the 2021 season to be over. Hell Alliance didnt get Goodman til end of May

Not really, They could have their Eyes on someone and waiting for a loss in the playoffs. or waiting for the 2021 season to be over. Hell Alliance didnt get Goodman til end of May
I don't know if Goodman was exactly a pick of the litter type hire. Best of a bad situation maybe but I doubt if they had their way with it they would have went with a guy who had never been a HC before somewhere

Can’t post it outside until it has been posted on the inside … just following the letter of the contract.

My whole point in this is that the job might not even be open, just a dude on Yappi parroting something he heard at BWW over the weekend at this point
The school district can not post inside until the coach officially resigns … in many cases this is not done until all the official duties are complete … especially if it is the coaches choice … he probably wanted to take his time to make sure it is the right decision for himself and his family … I don’t know anything for sure … but usually where there is smoke there is fire.

Rumor is that Minerva hired a coach and it will be announced soon. He is a Minerva alumni that has been gone since he graduated in the 80s. He is very experenced as a head coach down south and has some college experience. I don't want to say his name (although it is on another thread) because I have not seen an official announcement. This could be an extremely good hire for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.