The Official 2020 Cleveland Indians Thread

Maple_City_Fan

Dear Major League Baseball-

You suck. You continue to allow the game to devolve into the haves and have nots with big market teams with bottomless checkbooks competing with small market teams on a shoestring budget. Shame on you for being complicit in killing what was once America's game.
I must have forgotten the 90s Indians.

Also, in my lifetime, the State of Missouri has 5 WS Titles.

Don't blame the system. Blame the Organ-I-zation not getting it done.

clarkgriswold

I must have forgotten the 90s Indians.

Also, in my lifetime, the State of Missouri has 5 WS Titles.

Don't blame the system. Blame the Organ-I-zation not getting it done.
Agreed in part. Guys like Dolan want to buy a Ferrari and run it on regular gas and the cheapest tires they can find. They bear some responsibility.

That being said, MLB needs to figure out a way to balance the financial playing field through revenue sharing or a salary cap or something else creative. Until they do, teams like the Indians lose guys from Albert Belle to Jim Thome to CC Sabathia to Francisco Lindor... while the big money rich teams just buy them up.

CoachHoversten

I don’t like or agree with the Indians getting rid of so many players, but I definitely don’t agree with giving $8 million to a player who will do nothing for us.

OldSoulon

I don’t like or agree with the Indians getting rid of so many players, but I definitely don’t agree with giving $8 million to a player who will do nothing for us.
Well, like him or not, he will be your most productive outfielder.

Because the rest of them aren't worth a bag of balls.

Raymo

The Tribe starting pitchers are the 7th best in the majors,the rest of team has to be near the bottom.

wolves82

Franmil Reyes makes history by becoming the first person to violate Covid protocols TWICE. What an idiot.
Or is he a genius? "So, violating this protocol means I can skip some spring training drills and games? Sign me up." LOL. Franmil may be playing chess while everyone else plays checkers.

wolves82

Well Tribe fans, if the Dolans had only coughed up $341M Frankie would still be here. Cheap ba$tard$.

OldSoulon

Well Tribe fans, if the Dolans had only coughed up $341M Frankie would still be here. Cheap ba$tard$.
The best owners are those whose teams are a hobby, not their family's source of income.
They hire the best people they can, then step aside and let them make the decisions.

mcm.1019

I don't defend team owners often, but how many teams in MLB could offer $341 million to one player? And I was a big Frankie fan, the kid can flat-out play, but giving somebody a GUARANTEED 10-year contract is pure insanity.

OldSoulon

I don't defend team owners often, but how many teams in MLB could offer $341 million to one player? And I was a big Frankie fan, the kid can flat-out play, but giving somebody a GUARANTEED 10-year contract is pure insanity.
It is, unless money is not an important factor.

With that said, the Mets aren't going very far with that rotation. Even if they had three Frankies.

wolves82

I agree, I was being sarcastic in my comment. Crazy contracts.

brian1227

Tribe fans very quiet right now. Are you all giving up on season already since payroll cut to 90M and White Sox and Twins loaded up on offense?
Tribe still has best rotation in the division and possibly the best infield as well. All switch hitters and good defenders. Perez solid behind the plate and Reyes at DH should hit 35-40 bombs. Now about that OF???? Sounds like Mercado starts in either CF or RF and that is about all we know. Zimmer needs to win a job in Spring training or we may see DeShields and his weak bat in CF. Probably a platoon in LF with Luplow and Bauers unless Naquin is healthy sooner than we think. I wish they would bring Puig back on a one year deal!! Bullpen needs to be great and young guys Clase and Karinchek need to be good as set up guys. Hand needs to bounce back to form as well.
Season is over.a awful team.

clarkgriswold

Good Lord, they've played 2% of the games. A little early for the doom and gloom.

God bless the front office for at least keeping them competitive over the long haul on a limited budget.